UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a back way out of Claudia's house and into the rear car park of the pub then that could be incorporated into my fantasy plot scenario. It might even lend credence to it.

Thinking about the case overnight, I am now wondering if the police fingertip search of the alley, the comments about "new DNA techniques that weren't available in 2009", and the release of the most recent CCTV appeal, using film they must have had previously, rather than being serious attempts to move the case on, are all in fact a bluff - just part of the police ramping up the pressure in the hope that somebody will crack.

Using the height of the shed, you could actually count up the number of tongue and groove boards on the shed extending up to the lowest point of the roof - let's say 14 - and multiply by, say 4" which gives a height of 4ft 6". The rear fence does not reach this high so I would estimate it to be 4 ft..... anyway, time to do those chores now!

Thanks.

Also the fences in the two pictures (right hand fences) look different. In the close up picture with the shed, the fence is a blue colour matching the shed and is in a state of disrepair. Looking at the birds eye map view, the fence looks to be a different colour to the shed (which can still be seen as blue) almost weathered moss covered, and looks to be fully intact. So I'm guessing the photos were taken at completely different times and possibly different fencing? Moot point I know. .

Yes agreed... the fence and shed have both had a coat of blueish paint but on the adjacent neighbour's side, Claudia's fence remains in its original mossy state and matches the rear fence in this regard, imo, complete with similar vertical posts. I agree that the rear fence may be slightly taller than the side one but it is not insurmountable for a tall, agile person (imo).

O/T

Why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For a year before embarking on a career as a pilot, Andreas Lubitz worked in his local branch of Burger King, serving up french fries. The restaurant – on a busy A3 junction – is a few kilometres outside the small German city of Montabaur where Lubitz grew up. The branch manager, Detlef Aldolf, described Lubitz on Friday as dependable and inconspicuous. He earned €400 (£290) a month, he said, and quit his part-time job to join Lufthansa.

In 2009, however, Aldolf said Lubitz abruptly reappeared. Lufthansa had sent him on a training course, initially in Bremen and then in Phoenix, Arizona, in the US. “I asked him how it was. He replied: ‘Too much stress. I’m going to take a break’,” Aldolf said. The manager added that Lubitz didn’t formulate this stress as depression. But, he said, the future pilot seemed overwhelmed.

O/T

For a year before embarking on a career as a pilot, Andreas Lubitz worked in his local branch of Burger King, serving up french fries. The restaurant – on a busy A3 junction – is a few kilometres outside the small German city of Montabaur where Lubitz grew up. The branch manager, Detlef Aldolf, described Lubitz on Friday as dependable and inconspicuous. He earned €400 (£290) a month, he said, and quit his part-time job to join Lufthansa.

In 2009, however, Aldolf said Lubitz abruptly reappeared. Lufthansa had sent him on a training course, initially in Bremen and then in Phoenix, Arizona, in the US. “I asked him how it was. He replied: ‘Too much stress. I’m going to take a break’,” Aldolf said. The manager added that Lubitz didn’t formulate this stress as depression. But, he said, the future pilot seemed overwhelmed.
You've posted on wrong thread - should be on alps crash

If there was a back way out of Claudia's house and into the rear car park of the pub then that could be incorporated into my fantasy plot scenario. It might even lend credence to it.

Thinking about the case overnight, I am now wondering if the police fingertip search of the alley, the comments about "new DNA techniques that weren't available in 2009", and the release of the most recent CCTV appeal, using film they must have had previously, rather than being serious attempts to move the case on, are all in fact a bluff - just part of the police ramping up the pressure in the hope that somebody will crack.

You got me thinking. It's a LONG time ago, I'm talking going on for 30 years, but I had a paper round when I was a teen and one of the streets on my route was Heworth Road. I delivered to the Nags Head as well as the garage that is around the back, down the little road besides the pub. There is no conventional way to get from Heworth Place or the alley behind Claudias to the pub the back way BUT it is not impossible.

I put a little map together to show what I believe is a possible route, if someone wanted to sneak 'around the back' Bear in mind the bushes/grassy mound in the streetview image is from Sept, In March it may not be so 'green' And the area IMO is easily do-able to climb over if you were physically mobile enough.

I was wondering where Heworth Place kept their wheelie bins and what day the bins would be put out for collection. If it was a bin day nobody would give much thought to somebody moving a bin.

According to York City Council's web site, bin day for Heworth Place is a Tuesday, which would imply putting a bin out on the Monday night, whereas 18 March 2009 was a Wednesday, so the bins would have been cleared the previous day (this assumes that the bin day has remained the same since 2009, however, and that the council hasn't changed it)

http://www.findclaudia.co.uk/

WELCOME
Thank you for visiting this website dedicated to finding my daughter Claudia who for some inexplicable reason went missing from her home in York sometime after March 18th 2009. Thursday 27th February 2014 is Claudia’s 40th birthday, so please remember the family and friends as they live the day without Claudia. It is every parent's worst nightmare when something like this happens and the times the family are living through are indescribably difficult. We have, however, been much supported by people's prayers and compassionate thoughts and now our only desire is for Claudia to return to her family and friends If you can help us in our search, we would be most grateful and the police will appreciate every piece of information you might be able to give them.
Peter Lawrence, Claudia's father

50 YEAR OLD MAN ARRESTED - 23rd March 2015

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence have today arrested a man aged in his 50s from the York area on suspicion of murder. Searches are being conducted which are expected to be ongoing over a number of days. No further details ...............

The more I think about this case, the more I am convincing myself that whatever harm befell Claudia Lawrence, it happened on the evening before the day she officially "disappeared". I think the police assumption that she had been in her house that morning was erroneous and has skewed the case ever since then.

If you think about it, it seems statistically more likely that she would have come to harm in the night time, rather than being intercepted at 5.30AM on her way to work. Apart from anything else, if you intercept someone and kill them at 5.30AM, what do you do with the body, in broad daylight. Even if you were in a car there is a chance of someone driving or walking past. Plus there is no CCTV of her walking to work, as I understand it.

On the subject of CCTV, I wonder if, for security reasons, the Nag's Head has a CCTV camera trained on the rear car park, and if so, whether the police have ever looked at it.

The more I think about this case, the more I am convincing myself that whatever harm befell Claudia Lawrence, it happened on the evening before the day she officially "disappeared". I think the police assumption that she had been in her house that morning was erroneous and has skewed the case ever since then.

If you think about it, it seems statistically more likely that she would have come to harm in the night time, rather than being intercepted at 5.30AM on her way to work. Apart from anything else, if you intercept someone and kill them at 5.30AM, what do you do with the body, in broad daylight. Even if you were in a car there is a chance of someone driving or walking past. Plus there is no CCTV of her walking to work, as I understand it.

On the subject of CCTV, I wonder if, for security reasons, the Nag's Head has a CCTV camera trained on the rear car park, and if so, whether the police have ever looked at it.
You seriously believe that the Police would not notice/ask if CCTV cameras were installed at The Nags Head? Or worse that if they did, that they wouldn't seize and analyse any recorded footage? Really?

It's clear that there are people that have kept very quiet about their knowledge of Claudia, her associations and her movements. The Police have been flying blind on this since day one. You can be assured that they have dug out every piece of CCTV they could find on the route between her home and work.

Pretty much any theory of when she 'disappeared' in the time between her last phone call and her phone being turned off can be made to fit. There is little evidence to contradict anything you can come up with.

The fact that her hair straighteners are missing has to me always suggested that she packed an overnight bag and stayed somewhere else (or at least intended to).

Hi Wallace

I wasn't suggesting that the police hadn't scrutinised every inch of CCTV tape, but rather wondering why they hadn't referenced it either way. I agree with you about the hair straighteners. It's much more likely in my view that she disappeared in darkness rather than in broad daylight, and as I said in my earlier post, I think that keeping her phone switched on until the afternoon of the next day was the abductor/murderer/s being smart. I contend that by then, she was already gone.

I wonder where the phone triangulated to up to the switching off.

Sorry, if already mentioned:

Claudia Lawrence's family suspect that jealous woman was involved in her disappearance

Several key witnesses have recently been re-interviewed, including at least one woman.

Claudia is known to have had affairs with several married men and police say she had relationships with 12 men in the five years before she vanished.

A family friend said last night: “There’s been so much talk about secret lovers and affairs that of course it could be a jealous woman who was involved in Claudia vanishing.

“It could be that a couple were responsible, possibly a man and a woman working together.

"But somewhere out there is a female who knows more than she has let on to police.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/56...-Lawrence-suspect-female-behind-disappearance

I think woman-on-woman premeditated violence is quite rare though, isn't it, statistically speaking, I mean. Unless it was a disagreement that got out of hand.

It would be interesting if one of our board members in York could confirm if there is a camera at he back of the Nag's Head or not, covering the car park.

The police must have a lot of info from Claudia's phone records that is not in the public domain, but they have had six years to track down the numbers from the printouts of her calls

I wonder if the deceased landlord, who was identified by police as probably being the male in the original cctv, owned any property in Heworth Place? I recall his former workmate saying he thought he had owned several properties in the York area. I can't see a cut-through to East Parade (where he owned 2 properties) unless I'm missing something, so wondered why he would use this route.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/453...Claudia_s_home_on_day_she_disappeared/?ref=ar

I wonder if the deceased landlord, who was identified by police as probably being the male in the original cctv, owned any property in Heworth Place? I recall his former workmate saying he thought he had owned several properties in the York area. I can't see a cut-through to East Parade (where he owned 2 properties) unless I'm missing something, so wondered why he would use this route.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/453...Claudia_s_home_on_day_she_disappeared/?ref=ar
The video is very fuzzy but it appears that whoever it is walks into Heworth Place to pick up a bag (evening). Then early in the morning returns the bag to wherever it was being stored. The timing of the videos ties in with someone going to do a night shift, so perhaps the bag contains tools or a uniform/overall.

The video is very fuzzy but it appears that whoever it is walks into Heworth Place to pick up a bag (evening). Then early in the morning returns the bag to wherever it was being stored. The timing of the videos ties in with someone going to do a night shift, so perhaps the bag contains tools or a uniform/overall.

I think myself it's somebody on the way to work, but I do think he has the bag walking up the street and not just returning with it. If the bag is on his right shoulder the bag would be obscured by his dark coat going up the street but walking back down it's highlighted by the wall. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201