GUILTY UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon charged in death of baby Victoria, Guilty on counts 1 & 5, 2025 retrial on manslaughter, 5 Jan 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2 minutes ago

Jury retires for couple weeks​

The jury in the Old Bailey trial of Constance Marten and Mark Gordon has been sent home for a couple of weeks.
Judge Mark Lucraft KC told them to return to resume deliberations on 17 June.
The pair both deny manslaughter by gross negligence of their baby daughter Victoria after weeks on the run.

Ughh. I’m coming uncomfortably close to having empathy for these two defendants!!!

Ughh. I’m coming uncomfortably close to having empathy for these two defendants!!!
This might help.

Victoria would be roughly eighteen months old today.

She'd be eating solid food, walking, talking. She'd have food, clothing, caregiver, and entertainment preferences. She'd be expressing herself firmly and vocally and learning to see herself as an independent individual.

Like pretty much every toddler (and adult), she'd probably love Bluey.

MOO

WTF. If this is some obstinate person failing to agree forever, it'll be their fault if the trial collapses.

IMO
If it was only one obstinate person then we would have got all the remaining verdicts today. I'm coming increasingly to the view that there is going to be a hung jury on at least some of the charges.

It’s just crazy that they havent put in any full weeks for a while ( I understand it’s run longer than expected and jurors have commitments ) back for a day then adjourned for another 2 weeks. If I was a juror I would be pretty furious at this point tbh.
Clearly a holiday but these dates would have been known well in advance. It’s a total mess at this point now.

This might help.

She'd be eating solid food, walking, talking. She'd have food, clothing, caregiver, and entertainment preferences. She'd be expressing herself firmly and vocally and learning to see herself as an independent individual.

MOO
Extremely sad but what you said is the complete truth. That baby had a whole life to live. There are only two reasons she didn’t get to live it: Constance Marten and Mark Gordon.

This might help.

MOO
I LOVE Bluey!

I'm looking at it this way: Yes it's frustrating and utterly farcical that this is still going on but, on the other hand - even this all ends in a hung jury and a collapsed trial - every 2 week delay/ week that the jury just turn up for one day/month off to allow for paint to dry is another fortnight/ week/ month that these two are unable to conceive their next victim.

On balance I'm good with that as a status quo.

This might help.

MOO

This!

Why do babies never get the justice they deserve??

If a four year old little child was dragged across country in mid winter wearing nothing more than a onesie and was treated with the indignity Victoria was — in both life and death — then chucked in a bag for life under rubbish, these two would already be locked away in the bowels of prison serving out a life sentence.

Justice for Victoria

How on earth are the jury expected to keep enough of the evidence given in the trial in their heads with this stop / start nonsense? Sure, they will have transcripts etc but isn't the whole point that the jury witness the trial. After 6 months who would be able to conjure up feelings and impressions and tone of voice etc etc etc. Added to which they can't discuss it in these protracted breaks which much make it even more difficult. Crazy!

Can I just add that an old friend of mine is the Producer of Bluey in Oz! ;)

This!

Why do babies never get the justice they deserve??

If a four year old little child was dragged across country in mid winter wearing nothing more than a onesie and was treated with the indignity Victoria was — in both life and death — then chucked in a bag for life under rubbish, these two would already be locked away in the bowels of prison serving out a life sentence.

Justice for Victoria
This is so very true. I would be fascinated by the psychology behind why it's perceived differently when it's a newborn death. As if a newborn isn't a real human, yet...?

This might help.

MOO
And to add to this, the 4 older siblings would have been able to make contact at 18. Instead they will be having to read that their birth parents were dragging her around the country, thinking of handing her over a people smuggler from gumtree.

I LOVE Bluey!

I'm looking at it this way: Yes it's frustrating and utterly farcical that this is still going on but, on the other hand - even this all ends in a hung jury and a collapsed trial - every 2 week delay/ week that the jury just turn up for one day/month off to allow for paint to dry is another fortnight/ week/ month that these two are unable to conceive their next victim.

On balance I'm good with that as a status quo.

Absolutely. As much as I would like to hear a guilty verdict for these 2 soon, if the jury continues to deliberate until CM and MG reach the end of their reproductive lives in ok with that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlowersInBloom
Back