UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abandoned blue sleeping bag, tents and several wooden shelters are found in woodland close to where police are hunting for aristocrat's missing baby​

An abandoned sleeping bag, tents and several rough camps and shelters have been discovered in woodland close to the area of Brighton police are scouring for signs of arrested couple Constance Marten and Mark Gordon's missing baby.

The discovery was made in a belt of woodland bordering the south east corner of Wild Park - an area it is understood the police search has not yet reached.

The woodland, located within the 240-hectare nature reserve, lies on the direct off-road foot route between Newhaven and Fiveways, the area of Brighton where the couple were arrested on Monday evening.

Police have been informed of the discovery.

There are photos when you click on the article.

Just a thought, sometimes deceased babies are placed into bodies of water, perhaps as a subconscious desire to return the child to the ''womb''.
Is there someplace like that very near the allotments?
speculation, imo.
There looks to be a tiny patch of water in Wild Park Nature Reserve perhaps 20m in diameter, looks a bit like a large puddle.

This does look like her coat, but would she be so careless: Woman claims to have spotted Constance Marten and Mark Gordon's blue tent
It would make sense for them to walk to that shop from there, its probably 20 minutes/half hour one way. Though that would add another at the least 20 minutes to the 45 minutes they were within the baby when they passed the CCTV camera. So it would have had to be left for an hour at least.

If they have been there at least a week, with no hint of a baby and no request for babythings at the food bank or the shop... Well I don't think the baby is with them anymore.

At least I damn well hope not at this point, but who knows with them. If the baby died after they reached that area, I would imagine they kept it nearby, perhaps picking a peaceful spot and buring them quietly somewhere in Wild Park close to their camp. If the baby dying was what prompted them to stop taking such care and moving closer to civilization, well god may only know because I doubt these two will ever tell.

From the article

Clare said: “I was reading one of the news articles and saw it mentioned they may have been sleeping in a blue tent."

She was walking her dogs in the fields around the back of Wild Park, in the Hollingdean area of Brighton.

She said: “And then it clicked. I saw a blue tent on the side of the hill late last week, at around two o’clock in the afternoon.

“I was with my partner, walking along the top of the field, and she said ‘what’s that tent doing

“I thought it was odd because it just stood out. No one ever camps up here.

“I told the police to check the woods as there are decent places for shelter in there. It did stick out because of the colour and you don’t see people camping."

Another woman from Hollingdean, who wished to remain anonymous, said she also saw the tent.

She said: "Last week I walked my dogs quite early round the field. I saw a tent and a guy. He was clearly looking to see if I was looking. He had his hat right down, he was wearing a scarf. I didn't see a baby or a woman

IMG_20230301_181048.jpg

Waiting in dread, torn between wanting this to end and wanting them to just tell us they found the campsite. I think if it was a live baby the press would be able to guess from the medical presence and would break the story before any police press conference.

• Jan. 7: The pair is spotted in London with their faces covered leaving a taxi with an orange carrier bag and a stroller. Using cash, they paid for various items, including a tent, sleeping bags and pillows. The couple then dumped a buggy and other items later that day before continuing to travel.
The stroller was dumped on January 7 after a taxi ride and after they bought camping type equipment. Is it possible that they choice to stay outdoors is a result of the demise of the poor baby within the first few days of life -- that they have been on the run because of manslaughter rather than being on the run to keep their baby with them?

When was the last taxi ride with a moving, crying baby? Was Jan 7 the last one?
Sorry if the taxi dates were already established. The timeline from the cited article doesn't show anything else in January.

I also share your theory. That would have been the night outside Argos in London when he had plastic bags on his feet for some bizarre reason. I read that the taxi drivers heard baby crying noises now and again whilst they were in the car, but if the baby was supposedly swaddled in CM's clothes and not visible, could the crying noises have come from a phone or a realistic reborn doll of some sort? I have never seen hide nor hair of an actual baby in any of the pictures put out so far. Just a bump! M.O.O.

If the baby had been left unattended, I just can't see how there can be any positive outcome. And I CANNOT imagine if the baby was alive and unattended that they had refused to speak and cooperate with the police all this time.

• Jan. 7: The pair is spotted in London with their faces covered leaving a taxi with an orange carrier bag and a stroller. Using cash, they paid for various items, including a tent, sleeping bags and pillows. The couple then dumped a buggy and other items later that day before continuing to travel.
The stroller was dumped on January 7 after a taxi ride and after they bought camping type equipment. Is it possible that they choice to stay outdoors is a result of the demise of the poor baby within the first few days of life -- that they have been on the run because of manslaughter rather than being on the run to keep their baby with them?

When was the last taxi ride with a moving, crying baby? Was Jan 7 the last one?
Sorry if the taxi dates were already established. The timeline from the cited article doesn't show anything else in January.

Yep I think you might be right

Someone posted about the pair possibly denying the existence of a new baby to police. I’m wondering if their phones might provide evidence of the child’s existence with photos which would be date stamped.
If they were cheapie burner phones, they may not have cameras. I don’t think they’d get away with denying for long, definitely. (If that’s the route they’ve gone with, MOO, etc.)

I also share your theory. That would have been the night outside Argos in London when he had plastic bags on his feet for some bizarre reason. I read that the taxi drivers heard baby crying noises now and again whilst they were in the car, but if the baby was supposedly swaddled in CM's clothes and not visible, could the crying noises have come from a phone or a realistic reborn doll of some sort? I have never seen hide nor hair of an actual baby in any of the pictures put out so far. Just a bump!

Is your theory that they never had a baby at all?

Or that the baby died in the first few days and they have been using a fake baby/ baby noises to perform for taxi drivers while on the run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat