UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they are in the UK now. If they are then I don’t think they are living in a tent. I expect they will have made themselves some sort of more permanent arrangement, all be it an unofficial, under the radar one. Maybe a dodgy landlord, perhaps one who originates from elsewhere and isn’t assimilated with life in the UK particularly well so is less likely to watch UK news. When we were at university, my husband and his house mates rented out a house from a man like this. They used to pay rent to him in cash at an office at the end of his garden.

i agree they have to be in an urban area, most likely London, if in the Uk. But I expect the ultimate aim will have been to make it abroad, to a big city in maybe France or Italy.
I agree that blending in in a city is most likely. IMO if they have left the country they would try and make for a destination where there is no extradition.

Her FB has an album of three children, who all appear to be hers and MG's, with the title 'my love sprogs', which would be an odd way to refer to your nieces and nephews. I've never heard suggestions they're nieces and nephews. She also likes pages like 'social services exposed' and the children clearly aren't with her at the moment.

I doubt that CM has any level of trust whatsoever in the authorities when they talk about keeping her baby safe; she will have heard that language before and it's been a precursor to having her child removed.
RSBM this is a very good post (the whole post) but I was drawn to the bit I’ve snipped. I noticed that in the “my love sprogs” collection of photos each photo has 3 letters after it (I guess as some kind of title) and there are 3 different sets of 3 letters. IMO that likely points to 3 different previous children, and as police aren’t looking for them MOO is they’re safe elsewhere being cared for. IF that’s true, then is it likely they’re “on the run” because Social Services would likely intend to remove any further children from these adults? By the sounds of it they’ve not been living a “normal” lifestyle for some time and I do worry about coercive control by MG on CM. Based on what little has been released CM may be susceptible to CC after her “ religious experience” some years prior.

I hope that they are found and that CM and the baby are ok and get the help they need.

Thank you @PurplePixil

I would agree with what you've written.

Talking in general terms, it's important to know that even if a child has been removed in the past, it is not certain that future children will be removed. The parents are assessed before the birth, but they will have to make certain changes and - crucially - sustain them. That could be anything from specific goals around substance misuse, to leaving an abusive partner, to securing a suitable home and ensuring the rent is paid. Sometimes there's a temporary midpoint like living with a relative or in a mother and baby foster placement.

Sadly, many birth parents cannot make and sustain the necessary changes, and future children are removed.

By concealing the pregnancy, CM and MG have created a whole new safeguarding concern from scratch, and have also prevented any pre-birth assessment process from taking place. They've done themselves absolutely no favours whatsoever.

Police said that shortly before 9.30pm on Monday, 27 February, a member of the public reported a sighting of Constance Marten and Mark Gordon in Stanmer Villas, Brighton.

Officers from Sussex Police attended the location and the pair were arrested. They remain in custody.

Metropolitan Police said an urgent search operation is underway to find their baby, who has not had any medical attention since birth in early January.

Police said that shortly before 9.30pm on Monday, 27 February, a member of the public reported a sighting of Constance Marten and Mark Gordon in Stanmer Villas, Brighton.

Officers from Sussex Police attended the location and the pair were arrested. They remain in custody.

Metropolitan Police said an urgent search operation is underway to find their baby, who has not had any medical attention since birth in early January.

I'm interested to see the charges, can someone remind me how much time the police have to lay charges in the UK?

I'm interested to see the charges, can someone remind me how much time the police have to lay charges in the UK?
In accordance with UK law, if you have been arrested, the police can detain you in custody for a maximum of 24 hours before they must either charge you with the offence, release you under police bail to return at a later date for further questioning, or release you without charge.

There are exceptions to this 24 hour limit and the police can apply to keep you in custody for up to 36 or 96 hours if you are suspected of committing a particularly serious crime such as murder.

If you’re arrested under the Terrorism Act, you can be held by the police without charge for up to 14 days.

If, following your interview, the police feel they have sufficient evidence to charge you with the offence, you will be charged at the police station.

In accordance with UK law, if you have been arrested, the police can detain you in custody for a maximum of 24 hours before they must either charge you with the offence, release you under police bail to return at a later date for further questioning, or release you without charge.

There are exceptions to this 24 hour limit and the police can apply to keep you in custody for up to 36 or 96 hours if you are suspected of committing a particularly serious crime such as murder.

If you’re arrested under the Terrorism Act, you can be held by the police without charge for up to 14 days.

If, following your interview, the police feel they have sufficient evidence to charge you with the offence, you will be charged at the police station.

Thank you! I remembered a couple cases where it was longer and found this via uk.gov:
Being arrested: your rights:

They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you’re suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.

You can be held without charge for up to 14 days If you’re arrested under the Terrorism Act.

Thank you! I remembered a couple cases where it was longer and found this via uk.gov:
Being arrested: your rights:

They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you’re suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.

You can be held without charge for up to 14 days If you’re arrested under the Terrorism Act.
If they suspect the baby has come to harm, I guess the 36 or 96 hours would apply here? Hopefully they can find the baby soon, safe and sound.

A Met Police spokesperson told MailOnline: 'There's a huge search operation going on at the moment. There are no further details.'

This is a really good positive step, so glad Mark and Constance are located. It’s been so ling they were last seen, it shows how easy it is for a MP to live under people noses. Lets hope the baby is located safely and interested to see what charges get thrown there way.

Looking at the location of the sighting, I'm really hoping they were being 'helped'/ housed by someone.... Recall a public FB post of CM asking if anyone was free in Brighton pier posted years ago, appreciate this maybe unlikely since from all that we have heard it appears they led an isolated life but I just hope for the baby to be safe, warm. Most importantly alive. For no sightings to be released for well over a month? Makes me think surely they were living in a house. Brighton is busy. It's a pretty nice part of Brighton from my knowledge of the area..

All the above is my own opinion.

When anyone in that area of the country wants to run away or be hidden, they will go to Brighton. Everyone knows someone who you can stay with in Brighton; it's almost a right of passage as a teen and young adult.
I think I actually said earlier on when they were first missing that if they went to Brighton, they wouldn't be noticed.
JMO (I grew up 20 miles away from Brighton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou