UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 Sep 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

28 September 2016

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military [service]man who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Police looking for Corrie McKeague will start searching landfill site this week for missing airman

6 March 2017

A search of a landfill site in Cambridgeshire will start this week as police look for RAF Honington’s Corrie McKeague, following a two-week delay.

[...]

Since a signal from Corrie’s mobile phone was detecting travelling along the same route as a bin lorry shortly after he was last seen at 3.24am, police have been aware of the possibility Corrie could be at the landfill site.

“The search is likely to take six to 10 weeks to complete, although this will obviously depend on daily progress on the site,” said detective superintendent Katie Elliott.

Police halt search after finding no sign of missing airman Corrie McKeague

21 July 2017

Police hunting missing airman Corrie McKeague have admitted he may never be found after a £1.2 million search of a landfill site ended in failure.

Detectives said they still believed his body was at the site, but after 20 weeks of sifting through 6,500 tonnes of rubbish they had found no sign of the RAF gunner.

[...]

[Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott] said that the search of the site had been carried out in an area where it had been identified that waste was dumped over the period Corrie went missing

But she said officers had now finished searching the area where rubbish was 26ft deep and had no further information about where they should be looking.

Ms Elliott added: "It is not a matter of cost. The investigation has never been about money.

"We searched the areas where we had information that the waste was deposited

Beyond that it is very difficult to establish where we would look for Corrie."

Police agree to halt filling in landfill cell after meeting missing Corrie McKeague’s family

24 July 2017

[...]

A spokesman for Suffolk police made the following statement at 9.40pm on Monday, July 24.

He said: “The search for Corrie remains a live and active investigation as we all remain committed to finding him.

“We have exhausted the search as to where Corrie is mostly likely to be at the landfill site at Milton, although we acknowledge and understand the frustration that Corrie’s family, friends and many supporters feel in relation to this.

“We will now take time to pause and reflect where we are with the investigation and will continue to carefully review it as we have done from the outset.

“With this in mind while we no longer have an operational presence at the site at Milton, the police have agreed with the company that run the site to leave cell 22 in its current state and will not be using it for the deposition of waste until the review is concluded.

“As said on Friday, we will now commission an external police force to carry out an independent review of the investigation. The identity of the force that will conduct this is still to be established as we are eager to ensure thatit is a force that satisfies the need for complete transparency and independence.

“We are confident this will be a forensic, detailed and impartial review that will leave no stone unturned. If this review establishes further lines of enquiry we will pursue them.

“We reiterate that although it is not a criminal investigation, our work to locate Corrie remains on-going. This will include work to search preserved waste that was incinerated to see if this will establish if there are any further clues as to what happened to Corrie.

“This incinerated waste will be subject to examination and where necessary forensic analysis in the coming weeks.”

Media Thread

FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #1
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #2
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #3
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #4

Previous Thread - Thread #22
Thread #23

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not after dirt on Corrie, I’m honestly not. But I’m curious to hear from people who knew him, whether he was popular with colleagues, Whether he had good friends, etc. I guess I’m curious to know why none of his friends or colleagues realised he was missing until the Monday. How had no one contacted him over the weekend?
This has similar "Friend" reactions around missing to the Claudia Lawrence case. She was an avid tester but when her messaging stopped, no on reported her missing for nearly 40 hours?
This to me always suggests either friends knowledge or involvement. IMO

Of course this can often be from fear and not wanting to speak.

"However, examining why certain theories were ruled out by police would be included in the hearings."
That could be interesting.

I hadn't read all the way down the page. Photos got in my way and I thought I read the entire news report.
Thank you for pointing this out. Yes, it could be very interesting.

Unfortunately the inquest will just say that he has disappeared in suspicious circumstances and that is that. Sad for the family not to have closure. Thousands of people are still missing decades later. In this case sadly no answer.

Unfortunately the inquest will just say that he has disappeared in suspicious circumstances and that is that. Sad for the family not to have closure. Thousands of people are still missing decades later. In this case sadly no answer.

What makes you think "suspicious circumstances"? Is that even a verdict?

If anything I'd have thought it would be "accident" or an "open" verdict.

Suffolk police got zero evidence to show corrie is in the landfill, it will still be a cold case.

I’m not after dirt on Corrie, I’m honestly not. But I’m curious to hear from people who knew him, whether he was popular with colleagues, Whether he had good friends, etc. I guess I’m curious to know why none of his friends or colleagues realised he was missing until the Monday. How had no one contacted him over the weekend?

I don't think it's overly unusual in the military really, often contact with friends back home can be fairly sporadic, and at weekends some colleagues travel home and others don't, some are away on courses or exercise or whatever- comms often isn't as predictable as someone who works in a 9-5 job so I don't think it's overly unusual that people wouldn't notice, although that's just my experience, obviously I have no idea in this case specifically.

I don't have any theories on what happened or where he is, but I think the phone in the bin only suggests that the phone was in the bin, not that he necessarily was. The weight of it is weird, but would mean there wasn't a load of rubbish in it alongside him if that's what happened. I used to work in waste management, and evidently not impossible as they seem to think that's what happened, seems unfathomable to me that his body wasn't noticed. All JMO of course.

I don't think it's overly unusual in the military really, often contact with friends back home can be fairly sporadic, and at weekends some colleagues travel home and others don't, some are away on courses or exercise or whatever- comms often isn't as predictable as someone who works in a 9-5 job so I don't think it's overly unusual that people wouldn't notice, although that's just my experience, obviously I have no idea in this case specifically.

I don't have any theories on what happened or where he is, but I think the phone in the bin only suggests that the phone was in the bin, not that he necessarily was. The weight of it is weird, but would mean there wasn't a load of rubbish in it alongside him if that's what happened. I used to work in waste management, and evidently not impossible as they seem to think that's what happened, seems unfathomable to me that his body wasn't noticed. All JMO of course.

Yes and being pedantic we don't know for sure it was in the bin also. Could have been picked up and just thrown in the lorry. Or I guess stretching it even further not in the in lorry at all but in another vehicle on the same part of the route? It wasn't tracked all the way to the tip was it?

Yes and being pedantic we don't know for sure it was in the bin also. Could have been picked up and just thrown in the lorry. Or I guess stretching it even further not in the in lorry at all but in another vehicle on the same part of the route? It wasn't tracked all the way to the tip was it?

Yeah, it feels like it's just been all squared away as they have no clue otherwise what could have happened. I won't put their name in case it's not allowed, but it's sort of similar to when the RN declared the sailor missing abroad as dead after 2 years even though they never found a body or had any real clue what happened to him.

Yes, you said it out loud, that's exactly what must have happened!

Right from the start I thought this is a cruising gone bad and the bin theory is just an easy explanation to sort things out by the police.

So the question is, what car was driving with Corrie in it?

Roy Hawes won't be at the inquest next year
Yes-Police said they didn't investigate it because Corries phone hadn't left the horseshoe area at the time of the sighting.
What type of police force to we have in this country when they believe that a persons mobile phone is permanently attached to a person ???

I’ve only just stumbled upon this case now. I’ve read as much as I can find about it.
My thoughts are:
Horseshoe Area for casual gay sexual encounter but no joy there so goes to another area around Barton Mills. Once there either sexual accident as into S & M or a hate crime by someone travelling through that area. If all areas a 30 mile radius from Barton Mills have been searched thoroughly then the body must have been moved to another location before disposal. If this is the case then it can be anywhere in the country.
I've given my opinion before but as you're new to the thread I'll say it again.
Corrie's demeanour and the way he is walking at the horseshoe looks to me like he needed to defecate. We know that he urinated when he woke up in the shop doorway, but I think he was caught short a little later and was looking for a discreet place to squat. It's easy for men to urinate discreetly, but defecation is another matter and he wouldn't want to be observed. The way he looks furtively around is consistent with someone who is hoping not to be seen. I think it's possible that he took a dump behind a bin and then walked away down Short Brackland while the camera was rotating the other way.

I've given my opinion before but as you're new to the thread I'll say it again.
Corrie's demeanour and the way he is walking at the horseshoe looks to me like he needed to defecate. We know that he urinated when he woke up in the shop doorway, but I think he was caught short a little later and was looking for a discreet place to squat. It's easy for men to urinate discreetly, but defecation is another matter and he wouldn't want to be observed. The way he looks furtively around is consistent with someone who is hoping not to be seen. I think it's possible that he took a dump behind a bin and then walked away down Short Brackland while the camera was rotating the other way.
Ive always been interested in th security guards stood outside of the pub on the corner. In some earlier footage they were not pixel out of cctv but in the water they have been.

Would they not have seen more than perhaps the cctv did and would they have seen if he was followed into the alley-Had he had a skirmish with door staff earlier in the evening?? JMO>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back