UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 Sep 2016 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They did find receipts or something dated for the day in question if I remember correctly.

I suppose it's possible he did hop out of the lorry either at the service station or supermarket though.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Do you have any further information about the receipts?

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Do you have any further information about the receipts?

Not off the top of my head but there's plenty about it way back on here at the time. Or it could be a link from a newspaper.

This was during the search:

No trace of Corrie has been found to date, however, throughout the search, officers have been finding items that are the correct dates, around the time that Corrie went missing, and that are clearly from Bury St Edmunds.

The search has been expanded after waste linked to both the right dates and the right location were found outside the initial cell area identified.

As this type of search is so unusual, it was not known how the waste would have moved and as the work has progressed officers have gained a greater understanding of both how the waste is deposited and spread out, and the nature and construction of the site. Officers continue to take all of this into account as the search continues.

Corrie McKeague someone is not telling the truth! — Police Hour

Nicola: To date the police have not been able to tell me they have found a single piece of rubbish from the collections made by the Biffa bin on that night. This is why they are still looking.

This was during the search:

No trace of Corrie has been found to date, however, throughout the search, officers have been finding items that are the correct dates, around the time that Corrie went missing, and that are clearly from Bury St Edmunds.

The search has been expanded after waste linked to both the right dates and the right location were found outside the initial cell area identified.

As this type of search is so unusual, it was not known how the waste would have moved and as the work has progressed officers have gained a greater understanding of both how the waste is deposited and spread out, and the nature and construction of the site. Officers continue to take all of this into account as the search continues.

Corrie McKeague someone is not telling the truth! — Police Hour

Nicola: To date the police have not been able to tell me they have found a single piece of rubbish from the collections made by the Biffa bin on that night. This is why they are still looking.

Thanks for posting this, I did have a quick look but couldn't find it. Also I don't know how to do a search on here, and after all this time. Shameful of me

But nothing connected with Corrie. The receipts were just verification that they had found the part of the landfill where the contents of that bin had ended up.

Nothing at all. I don't even think he was there but they had to look.

When a search was done along the road he would use to get back to base, did they search both sides of the road in the ditches.
I've had thoughts in my head that only one side was searched. JMO.

When a search was done along the road he would use to get back to base, did they search both sides of the road in the ditches.
I've had thoughts in my head that only one side was searched. JMO.
I'm sure they would have done. If he'd been struck by a vehicle he could have been thrown across the road, or indeed dumped there if a hit-and-run.

I'm sure they would have done. If he'd been struck by a vehicle he could have been thrown across the road, or indeed dumped there if a hit-and-run.

Yeah, you're right. I mean logic says to me they did check both sides but just had a tiny niggle in my head that only one side was checked.

If he had been struck at speed he could have ended up way off into a field or shrubs I guess. But yeah, nothing was found there either.

I am still of the mind that he went AWOL. Did from the start.

I'm waiting for the phone Data to come up, to me this should be very detailed and informative to see how things All fit together time wise,!!! We have never had a reliable phone route so far, first it supodingly went directly to barten mills then the bin lorry went half way round Suffolk that morning before going to the recycling center,! Would be good to have this finally made public,!! Imo

Last edited:
The bin man's testimony should clear up any doubts. He says he saw Corrie, then he looked in the bin and there were only a couple of bags in it as usual. Presumably the actual process of emptying the bin was not caught on the camera or his account couldn't have been challenged. It's perfectly feasible that Corrie walked out of the area at the same time, unseen by the camera.

The bin man 'said' he saw Corrie, but I'm sure those person was identified and their presence could have been checked via mobile phone data.

I often think this too, but as previously mentioned I wonder if he was in the bin/lorry but clambered out when it stopped (iirc at a supermarket or petrol station?) so maybe he took a less obvious route back to base. Or got lost. And then there’s the whole weirdness about the USAF base. Sigh…

How would he climb out? Bin lorries don't drive around with the back open or they'd be losing rubbish, and the compactor continues to run after the initial tipping of rubbish from the bin so there's as much space as possible for further loads.

@davidt
@CoverMeCagney

I read somewhere at the time that it was noticed the weight for the Greggs bin was unusually high compared to the regular pickups, but it was thought there was some kind of error and a lower figure was entered that followed the trend for that bin.

It's an odd way of phrasing it, but by 'no commercial reason' Biffa could mean that they didn't consider charging Greggs for a much heavier waste collection, either as it's a fixed contract or they believed the increased weight was their error and not actually generated by the customer; hence they weren't trying to profit.

I think the bin lorry driver didn’t check bins for people at all , and eventually this has happened and he is covering himself. The weight discrepancy and corries mobile tracking the bin lorry is enough for me to surmise he is in landfill :-/

Article here where there's CCTV of a driver checking a bin and still missing someone who was sleeping in there, so it can happen:

I nearly crushed a homeless man to death after accidentally tipping him into my bin lorry as he slept among recycling

Well there you go!! From early on I commented on here many times that I felt ALL the properties in the 'Horseshoe' needed searching and iirc it was mentioned there were quite a few that no-one knew how to get in contact with (distant owners?). I had a very strong feeling early on he was inside one of those buildings or tried to climb one and fell down out of sight, as yet, unseen. I also remember we discussed the roof of the shopping centre at the time. JMO MOO

I still feel that the obvious re his disappearance was that he managed to get into or was lured/taken to one of the buildings. It was the first observation I had when checking the area-However, the media / police and others seemed quite happy to go along with a theory about a bin.

Just shows how gullible people can be.

Well, I still think the obvious is that he walked up Short Brackland while the camera was turned the other way. He could have got into a vehicle at any point after that.
There only appears to be a narrow field of vision looking towards the horseshoe (it wouldn't include the wider part), so it would only have taken a few paces to cross over into SB.
He told at least two people that he was going to walk home, and that would be the right direction.

The bin man 'said' he saw Corrie, but I'm sure those person was identified and their presence could have been checked via mobile phone data.
Yes, sorry, I'd forgotten that. I should have said he saw someone corresponding to Corrie's description.

I still feel that the obvious re his disappearance was that he managed to get into or was lured/taken to one of the buildings. It was the first observation I had when checking the area-However, the media / police and others seemed quite happy to go along with a theory about a bin.

Just shows how gullible people can be.

Which building do you think, given that it's a museum and mostly commercial properties in the immediate area? That rules out most places, which would have been unoccupied and for which there were no alarms triggered to show he forced his way in or that somewhere was opened.

@davidt
@CoverMeCagney

I read somewhere at the time that it was noticed the weight for the Greggs bin was unusually high compared to the regular pickups, but it was thought there was some kind of error and a lower figure was entered that followed the trend for that bin.

It's an odd way of phrasing it, but by 'no commercial reason' Biffa could mean that they didn't consider charging Greggs for a much heavier waste collection, either as it's a fixed contract or they believed the increased weight was their error and not actually generated by the customer; hence they weren't trying to profit.

Thank you. I agree about the phrasing. If the weight was amended so as not to upset Gregg's surely that's about as obvious an commercial reason as you can get.

If only the mobile tracking had gone right to the tip. That would have helped clarify a lot of things. We'd have known for sure the phone was in the bin lorry and not in some other vehicle. It would increase the likelihood, but not prove, Corrie was with it. And really importantly we'd know 100% that there was something to find at the tip. It might rather be like looking for a needle in a haystack but at least we'd know a needle was actually there. Until such time as the police found it we would know they hadn't searched or found everything they should. As it is we still can't be certain there was anything to be found.

As for the bin man's statement. It seems to me there are three realistic scenarios.

1) He checked the bin and Corrie wasn't in it.
2) He checked the bin and Corrie was in it but he didn't spot him,
3) He's lying to cover his own back.

Not sure we are in any position to question or judge his honesty and integrity. Of course there's also the possibility his memory may be playing tricks as well. There's no CCTV of the bin being emptied or of Corrie getting in the bin. Things like this would have made so much difference. I wonder if the inquest will go in to detail about just how likely in this particular situation and with this specific bin/lorry set up it would be for Corrie to have been in the bin and not been spotted as it was collected and emptied. Also the same when at the other end when the lorry was emptied and the rubbish was dealt with at the tip. Basically what are the chances he wouldn't have been noticed at some stage during the process.

Article here where there's CCTV of a driver checking a bin and still missing someone who was sleeping in there, so it can happen:

I nearly crushed a homeless man to death after accidentally tipping him into my bin lorry as he slept among recycling

That's a very interesting article covering a number of near misses and deaths. The one thing that stands out to me as being different to Corrie's case is that in all those cases each person was discovered at some stage. Admittedly if there are cases when it was never discovered we wouldn't know about them anyway.

I wondered if he walked/ran along the path by the River Lark. It emerges at the main road by Barton Mills, which you have to cross in order to continue following the Lark towards Mildenhall.

This would fit with the delivery driver's sighting of a man in a pink shirt crossing the main road. Corrie's direction of travel from Flex, to the horsehoe is almost a direct line towards where the towpath begins (in a residential area to the North of BSE). The Barton Mills service station/waffle shack area is a horrible place to cross (I have done it a couple of times) during the day, but perhaps at 4 30 in the morning - not so busy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back