UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 Sep 2016 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's take a look again at the 'Horseshoe' where CM was last seen. This is a 2015 view of the area. Plenty of places to climb up involving steps, stairs, walls, pipes etc. Click on the words Google Maps in blue below to get that exact view. JMO MOO
Google Maps

That's not the point!
The point is that he was immediately misquoted.
A lot of misinformation is circulated by people not listening properly, not reading properly, or hearing only what they want to hear and passing on a distorted version. This was a prime example right here.

Judging by the responses, I don't think anyone is actually reading what I am posting, just skim-reading, so there you go.

Cherwell, I was replying to the person with the owl name. (Owl Pellet) . I agree with you.

The flats and/or rehab accommodation still make me think… it was ruled out but there was confusion over who was staying there or should have been there.

Me too. I asked a question about this building to Nicola when she did a Facebook live and she answered. My memory is terrible but I recall she said she was initially told nobody was there that night, then later found out that people did come and go without the owners knowledge. I believe there was a basement thread opened which allowed us to discuss her live Q&A but I can’t find it now.

The bin man's testimony should clear up any doubts. He says he saw Corrie, then he looked in the bin and there were only a couple of bags in it as usual. Presumably the actual process of emptying the bin was not caught on the camera or his account couldn't have been challenged. It's perfectly feasible that Corrie walked out of the area at the same time, unseen by the camera.

Yes, if the CCTV didn't capture the bin emptying it's also possible it might not have picked up Corrie leaving another way. The whole thing about the weight of the bin I find terribly confusing and really have no idea what the "correct" answer to that is. None of it so far convinces me for sure he was in that bin.

As for the bin man mot having time to check the bin I find that a bizzare suggestion to make. That's something that would take mere moments.

Personally I'm still torn on this. I don't rule out he was in the bin but if he were my family I'd still be a long way from convinced that's definitely what happened.

Well, this is all confusing, and why did this bit happen?

“Mr Graham said the adjustments were made by someone at the Bury St Edmunds site and there were 'no commercial reasons' for doing so.”

There’s just a few odd things which make me feel uncomfortable and unconvinced about what happened that night.

“Mr Graham said the adjustments were made by someone at the Bury St Edmunds site and there were 'no commercial reasons' for doing so.”

There’s just a few odd things which make me feel uncomfortable and unconvinced about what happened that night.

I agree. I was firmly in the left the horseshoe in the boot of the US guys car for a while. Then there’s that odd alleged sighting by the truck driver.

I think he’s most likely somewhere hidden on the walk back to base and just hasn’t been found yet. I know the area was thoroughly searched but we see many times remains being missed.

I often think this too, but as previously mentioned I wonder if he was in the bin/lorry but clambered out when it stopped (iirc at a supermarket or petrol station?) so maybe he took a less obvious route back to base. Or got lost. And then there’s the whole weirdness about the USAF base. Sigh…

I often think this too, but as previously mentioned I wonder if he was in the bin/lorry but clambered out when it stopped (iirc at a supermarket or petrol station?) so maybe he took a less obvious route back to base. Or got lost. And then there’s the whole weirdness about the USAF base. Sigh…

Yeah the phone pings that followed the bin lorry route. Hopefully we will hear more about that. But it could just have been the phone. I just can’t imagine him climbing inside a bin though.

I'd be grateful if anyone could summarise the bin weight issue for the hard of understanding like me! Bin man seems adamant Corrie wasn't in it. Exactly how the problem arose and who's most likely to be correct? Some of the reasons given for the incorrect recording of the bin weight don't seem to make much sense and it being that particular bin even more of a coincidence.

Weirdness?

I agree with you here Cagney

I think the bin lorry driver didn’t check bins for people at all , and eventually this has happened and he is covering himself. The weight discrepancy and corries mobile tracking the bin lorry is enough for me to surmise he is in landfill :-/

I think we’d all be content with that IF they’d actually found him in landfill. Not a boot, not a wallet, not white jeans nor a pink shirt to be seen. As far as I recall they’d got nearly to the bottom of the section the lorry purportedly emptied into, and then presumably ran cadaver dogs over it to double check. Nada.

I think we’d all be content with that IF they’d actually found him in landfill. Not a boot, not a wallet, not white jeans nor a pink shirt to be seen. As far as I recall they’d got nearly to the bottom of the section the lorry purportedly emptied into, and then presumably ran cadaver dogs over it to double check. Nada.

They did find receipts or something dated for the day in question if I remember correctly.

I suppose it's possible he did hop out of the lorry either at the service station or supermarket though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77
Back