UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if there was more CCTV that hasn't been released which would tie in with him walking home? Or he told/texted a mate that he was doing so.

I would guess kidnapping to be unlikely, as if it was done for reasons relating to his job, there would have been some claim of responsibility or demands made by now.

I agree, there must be more CCTV even if it isn't as high quality as what we've seen already the police must have more info than they are releasing imo

Does anyone know if any search dogs have been brought in yet?
I always wonder why they don't get dogs in at the earliest instance when a scent trail will be fresher ...

Are search dogs a resource that local police would have? You would think they'd be a real help in missing person situations but you don't hear about them being used.

I agree, there must be more CCTV even if it isn't as high quality as what we've seen already the police must have more info than they are releasing imo

Haven't the police categorically stated that the last record they have of him is in the CCTV footage they've released of him in Brentgovel Street? If they had footage of him somewhere else after that, surely they'd have mentioned it? If there's no other CCTV footage after that, it would seem like something happened to him in the centre of Bury St Edmonds and for some reason he hasn't been found yet.

I don't personally believe Corrie was kidnapped (at least not by terrorists) but it is something the police should be ruling out.

How come you don't give the story of the RAF guys kidnapping any credence? Slightly different to a 13 year old girl making up tales.
Don't really think Sarah Williams trashy article from the Daily Fail is really relevant here ...

Haven't the police categorically stated that the last record they have of him is in the CCTV footage they've released of him in Brentgovel Street?

I must admit to being puzzled by that. I've looked at the CCTV footage several times and I've used streetview several times in and around Brentgovel Street as well to try to work out what direction he was going in etc. However, the street level footage on streeview does not seem to match up with what I see on the CCTV footage. It's as though they are two completely different streets.

I must admit to being puzzled by that. I've looked at the CCTV footage several times and I've used streetview several times in and around Brentgovel Street as well to try to work out what direction he was going in etc. However, the street level footage on streeview does not seem to match up with what I see on the CCTV footage. It's as though they are two completely different streets.

He looks to be heading into the main town square where the market is held/all the shops are. I forget the name of it though.

I believe that if he had been kidnapped, we would have heard by now from the kidnappers. I worry about young men who are drunk and near water

Todays latest news report >>

*Police have said they have ruled out any link to the attempted abduction of an airman outside RAF Marham in Norfolk in July

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/lead_pol...ial_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

I find that a bit strange. I agree that it's unlikely to be related, but to rule it out completely in the absence of any other information seems odd. Is it really impossible that, having failed to snatch a serviceman during the day (when they're sober, alert and strong), these guys decided they'd have a better chance of grabbing one who was drunk and less capable?

I find that a bit strange. I agree that it's unlikely to be related, but to rule it out completely in the absence of any other information seems odd. Is it really impossible that, having failed to snatch a serviceman during the day (when they're sober, alert and strong), these guys decided they'd have a better chance of grabbing one who was drunk and less capable?

I was thinking of Muslim fundamentalist kidnappers as a possibility and they, I am sure, would have made their actions public by now

I was thinking of Muslim fundamentalist kidnappers as a possibility and they, I am sure, would have made their actions public by now

I wonder what any type of kidnapper would hope to gain by a kidnap. Would they want inside info on what happens at the base or would it be for publicity? If so why haven't they gone public?

It's at the bottom of list of likely scenarios, as always I hope I'm wrong but drunk young men disappearing after a night out seldom turn up safe and well and their fate is usually a very sad but simple accident. I think the rural terrain is what's hindering the police here.

Do we know if they are currently actively searching?

I wonder what any type of kidnapper would hope to gain by a kidnap. Would they want inside info on what happens at the base or would it be for publicity? If so why haven't they gone public?

It's at the bottom of list of likely scenarios, as always I hope I'm wrong but drunk young men disappearing after a night out seldom turn up safe and well and their fate is usually a very sad but simple accident. I think the rural terrain is what's hindering the police here.

Do we know if they are currently actively searching?

Ordinarily I would agree that the most likely scenario is that he came to grief somewhere on the long walk back to base - probably hit by a car - and his body is lying in undergrowth somewhere. But that doesn't explain why his phone ended up in a bin in Bury St Edmonds before being taken by a bin lorry to Barton Mills. Why would he put his phone in a bin? If he just dropped it, it would either be taken by somebody else, handed in or just left there. Who would put a phone in a bin unless they knew that the phone signals could lead police to where Corrie was and they didn't want that to happen?

Not that I can see,, in fact its more or less confirmed that no terrorism is involved here >>

*Suffolk and Norfolk’s major investigation team has said it has ruled out any link between Corrie’s disappearance and the attempted abduction of an RAF serviceman in Norfolk.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/lead_pol...ial_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

How can they confirm that there is no terrorism involved when they have literally no idea what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452