UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry Miss French, we all welcome constructive comments here no matter how far fetched. As long as they're relevant, appreciative and considered. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Midsummer.

There's bigger things at stake here so sometimes feel I'm discussing trivia. You never though, back to Occam. And maybe it points to Corrie's thinking. And helps the non-locals understand the town.

I'm sure this will have been mentioned in previous posts, but the Kings Forest is mentioned on both gay and dogging websites as a venue; I wonder if this was why it was searched and whether people within the respective communities have come forward with information that Corrie had previously been there? If he did meet up with somebody (and that is still my most likely scenario), then that would be a likely place for them to go. When people use the word "lifestyle" in this context, from my experience it's done as a euphemism for this kind of thing.

I don't like it, but I do think a case could be made for Corrie not going into the horseshoe for a pee but instead to walk through that white door to meet or visit someone who was on the other side of the door.

Several of us thought that the hands in pocket/head down/strong stride that Corrie took at the end of the 3.24am CCTV indicated him going towards that door. He could have been headed deeper into the horseshoe to try to get into a more shadowed area, or maybe to the far side of the last large bin on that side? There doesn't look to be large enough gaps between the bins for a person to nip into for a pee, so a pee walk would probably have to walk past the bins and not between them.

Going into that building and not coming out again would also explain why Corrie wasn't seen after 3.24, either hanging around the bin area, or on a camera, or in a car.

We can only presume that the police have done background checks on everyone who was staying there that night and any staff on duty to see if any of them had met Corrie before?

But, if Corrie went in there, the phone has to get to the bin pretty quickly if it's going to be driven to Barton Mills in the bin lorry about an hour later? And that suggests to me that Corrie had also left the building by that time, even if he had come to harm already by that time. So if the phone goes in the bin in that first hour, then I find it hard to buy Corrie going into that door. But other than that I think it's a very fair hypothesis which fits the lack of evidence of Corrie leaving the horseshoe between 3.24 and midday (I think that's how far they've got with the CCTV footage?)

I'm not quite following a legitimate reason at 0324 to walk towards the 'white door'. Can someone explain the connection please?

Given the outfit he was wearing I can't see how he could have walked any distance without being seen by other pedestrians or drivers. More of a question for me right now is the 3 other vehicles (bin lorry is the 4th)

Were they specifically in Short Brackland/horseshoe area or surrounding streets? The info about them has been extremely vague while other things have been shared in great detail (e.g. bin lorry/driver) and actually have the Police themselves even acknowledged the existence of these vehicles? I don't know how these vehicles can be "identified" yet no word about being ruled in or out and I wonder if the lack of detail is because the Police haven't shared the info (if any) with them?

Website update 'Left in a vehicle? ' dated 20 Nov says 'in the horseshoe area'. As one is the bin lorry it sounds like 'in' rather than on nearby streets. And if they were only 'nearby' you're back to how did Corrie get to them unseen.

I'm not quite following a legitimate reason at 0324 to walk towards the 'white door'. Can someone explain the connection please?

1) it's more shadowed down that side, and more space to pee beyond the bins.

2) Corrie's posture is a bit strange when he turns into the horseshoe...he looks almost like he's steeling himself for something? Is it because he was going through that door to meet someone on the other side of the door?

3) they have rooms and beds in there...for the past 2 hours Corrie's been dozing off on a cold hard pavement, and if he knew there was a spare room in there it would save him a long walk home or getting a taxi?

My other thought is that if that is accommodation for people who are drying out, and Corrie must have reeked of alcohol after his night out....how welcome would he be in there with the smell of drink on him? Could that in itself be a reason for someone in that place to immediately become very agitated and increasingly aggravated by Corrie's presence?

Extreme conjecture warning: we have no evidence that Corrie was mugged, but what if he had been 'relieved' of his phone and wallet...what would he do then? Where would he go? No money for a taxi, no way to call anyone or change for a phone box. Almost everywhere will be closed by 3.24am. If there was someone on duty through that door, then Corrie could think he could go in and make a phone call if nothing else? I can't really see how this would lead to Corrie's disappearance, but we do need to add in that Corrie was still a bit drunk and stinking of drink in a drying-out place? The advantage of this is that the mugger doesn't put Corrie into a bin but maybe puts the phone and emptied-out wallet into the bin? And we're back to stretching things to fit instead of following Occam's rules :-(

2) Corrie's posture is a bit strange when he turns into the horseshoe...he looks almost like he's steeling himself for something? Is it because he was going through that door to meet someone on the other side of the door?

My other thought is that if that is accommodation for people who are drying out, and Corrie must have reeked of alcohol after his night out....how welcome would he be in there with the smell of drink on him? Could that in itself be a reason for someone in that place to immediately become very agitated and increasingly aggravated by Corrie's presence?

I still wonder if he tried to nick a bike and someone caught him. He kinda looks furtive, like he's just had a cunning plan. Hands in pockets, keeping it casual, checking to see if anyones coming. He's not unzipping his pants as you would if busting for a wee, neither is he in fight or flight mode, I don't think he feels threatened. A bike was mentioned by the police if you recall. So what if he was looking to borrow a bike, someone saw from the flat upstairs, came down, and then.....

Theory no 457 by Cags :wink:

Very good points.
I can't quite get my head around why any of the people 'drying out' would be up at 0324 though if they were....'drying out' though. I find it hard to believe that they'd have been out on the town given the amount of alcohol around and drunks? Or for that matter, why they would be chancing their arm with the offer of drugs if they were on probation so to speak. I'm still open to everyone's thoughts but I just can't see a connection apart from a chanced encounter. Even then, I can't make a connection between the phone going towards BM/M and Corrie disappearing? :/

I still wonder if he tried to nick a bike and someone caught him. He kinda looks furtive, like he's just had a cunning plan. Hands in pockets, keeping it casual, checking to see if anyones coming. He's not unzipping his pants as you would if busting for a wee, neither is he in fight or flight mode, I don't think he feels threatened. A bike was mentioned by the police if you recall. So what if he was looking to borrow a bike, someone saw from the flat upstairs, came down, and then.....

I have to be honest, I've done it. I've rolled out of the Sports and Social club at 0200 and 'borrowed' a bike to get back to the MQ's only to be stopped by the police. I tried to convince them that it was mine for ages until they pointed out that it was a child's bike with stabilisers and tassels on the handlebars lol. :/

I have to be honest, I've done it. I've rolled out of the Sports and Social club at 0200 and 'borrowed' a bike to get back to the MQ's only to be stopped by the police. I tried to convince them that it was mine for ages until they pointed out that it was a child's bike with stabilisers and tassels on the handlebars lol. :/

The exact same happened to my husband borrowing a kids bike when he was a student.
Is that you, Mr Cagney?

Website update 'Left in a vehicle? ' dated 20 Nov says 'in the horseshoe area'. As one is the bin lorry it sounds like 'in' rather than on nearby streets. And if they were only 'nearby' you're back to how did Corrie get to them unseen.

In theory, yes but given it also says that all these vehicles have been identified then I'm left wondering why they haven't been ruled in or out. To me identified would mean the Police surely would have got their hands on them by now and/or talked to owners or for example criminals associated with them. I just can't understand why so many months have passed and the Police haven't so much as hinted about these cars one way or the other.

The other thing we don't yet know about these vehicles is any specific times outside of the broad 03:25-08:00. Were any of them even in the horseshoe area around the time of Corrie being there or hours later e.g. worker(s) at one of the shops arriving for a shift? That would certainly explain them being identified yet nothing being said about them.

Scores on the doors so far...

0849fbff9550e212d61b085e037a65fc.png

I think we can rearrange the time of events on this one to be honest. He ain't going to have an accident and then get abducted.

I'm sure this will have been mentioned in previous posts, but the Kings Forest is mentioned on both gay and dogging websites as a venue; I wonder if this was why it was searched and whether people within the respective communities have come forward with information that Corrie had previously been there? If he did meet up with somebody (and that is still my most likely scenario), then that would be a likely place for them to go. When people use the word "lifestyle" in this context, from my experience it's done as a euphemism for this kind of thing.

This ForcesTV piece says Kings Forest was chosen to search as it was the last place Corrie's phone was picked up by a phone mast...

http://forces.tv/41733440

Thank you AtaraMalka, I'm from South West Scotland , a town called Stranraer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Such a nice town! Been there a few times on the way to Cairnryan to take the ferry to Ireland..happy days.

This ForcesTV piece says Kings Forest was chosen to search as it was the last place Corrie's phone was picked up by a phone mast...

http://forces.tv/41733440

I thought maybe they didn't mean that exact spot but that the phone was last picked up somewhere between Barton Mills and BSE, and that any point between the outskirts of the BM mast range and BM would fit the working theory of a driver hitting Corrie with his car and putting Corrie in the car, then realising that Corrie had expired and driving into woods to bury the body?

I quite like the furtive looking bike pinching theory and perhaps he managed to ride out so fast he managed to avoid the Cornhill cctv which may just be taking stills. Why no one saw a guy in a pink shirt riding a bike - I have no idea.

that's No. 458 then.

I quite like the furtive looking bike pinching theory and perhaps he managed to ride out so fast he managed to avoid the Cornhill cctv which may just be taking stills. Why no one saw a guy in a pink shirt riding a bike - I have no idea.

that's No. 458 then.

Additionally, I think the Greenwoods camera would have probably picked up a pedestrian sized cyclist too. I don't buy the 'nicked a cycle theory'.
I'm still on the Hookup theory.

Rearranged in chronological order:

be64a53c210ca4a9dc385da9a3056b4a.png

If we take the first one of these proposals (pre 0324hrs);

Planned AWOL...what evidence do we have?
His car was collected a few days later from the same bay.
His dog was left.
He would need an accomplice to arrange things.
He would need private transport to exit the area.
He would need financial backing to avoid using his bank account.
He would need social media silence which is extremely difficult.
He would need shelter which we hope he has.

Spontaneous AWOL.
Highly unlikely in my mind and similar to the above.

Hook up.
On his own so a more favourable chance of privacy.
Two burgers and a large meal.
'Walking with purpose' away from his car.
Phone heads towards BM/M area.
Car parked in a disbay indicating intention to return before 0900.
Punctual meet up.
Private meeting area.
Possible quick transport out of the area.
Discrete environment.
Awake at 0308 and compus mentus.
Jogging to the 'Horseshoe'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics