UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he planned to run off and he dumped a bag of clothing in the horseshoe earlier on. He perhaps has sussed the cameras out or met someone down there. I think he's done a runner and he's had help with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time poster, long-time lurker!

I find this case baffling. A few thoughts, my apologies if they have been covered off in previous threads.

In the Grapes CCTV, I think Corrie is carrying quite a lot of food - in the early frames of the video it looks to me as if he is carrying items in both hands. Later, past the people, he might balance these items in his left hand while he picks up a piece of food or a wooden fork that he drops. Perhaps it is this process of dropping the food that convinces him that he needs to sit down to eat his meal, hence the subsequent stop in the shop doorway.

In my younger days when I got drunk I was prone to ordering far more food than I actually need, so I don’t think his order is particularly unusual. Also, I wonder if he was short of cash and needed to pay by credit or debit card. If this was the case, perhaps he needed to order a certain value of food to make it up to a minimum card payment.

A theory about the Horseshoe footage. I agree with early threads that he looks peculiarly furtive as he surveys the area before he enters. Again, going only on past experience, but he seems far more furtive than a drunk man simply looking for somewhere to urinate. I’ve walked past drunk men relieving themselves in far more prominent city centre locations than a discreet back alley. They can be quite brazen about it.

He’s woken up in the doorway and realised that his only method of getting home is a three-hour walk. It’s not cold (AccuWeather suggests a low of 12degC on that day if I’m reading correctly) but not especially warm either, and he thinks he might need to cut across fields, so might need some extra clothing.

Is there a chance a bag of old clothes could have previously been dumped by or in the bins in the horseshoe? Even if there isn’t a clothes recycling bin in the location, it wouldn’t be out of the question for someone to dump some there in the expectation they would be disposed of by waste management companies.

Could he have found a warmer sweater or hoodie to put over his pink shirt? Could he then be the figure wearing darker clothes seen leaving the area ten mins later? Because that figure’s slightly hunched profile certainly bears a resemblance to Corrie’s. Rather than holding something in that freeze frame image, he could be adjusting zips, sleeves, toggles etc.

None of which explains his ultimate fate, I appreciate.

All possible I'd say except that I don't think he would have decided to walk when he could have sat in his car and waited until he sobered up enough to drive. I don't buy that he wouldn't have sat in the car because he's knows it's illegal, nothing we knkow about his personality makes this even slightly likely IMO

I'm a law abiding person but I'd take the risk of sitting in my car in the same situation although tbh I never knew this was illegal until this case

Maybe he planned to run off and he dumped a bag of clothing in the horseshoe earlier on. He perhaps has sussed the cameras out or met someone down there. I think he's done a runner and he's had help with it.

Another possible theory but why not leave the change of clothes in the car otherwise there's a risk someone will pick them up during the evening

I think it's a guy with rolled up shirt sleeves and hands in his pockets!

Another possible theory but why not leave the change of clothes in the car otherwise there's a rosk someone will pick them up during the evening

Just speculation but what if he had left clothes with someone who had arranged to meet him at the white gate, he could be let in or they were waiting to let him in.
Go in wearing one set come out wearing another.
Surely where he parked his car he would have been seen changing.
Somewhere there are no cameras no one would know. Jmo.

Just speculation but what if he had left clothes with someone who had arranged to meet him at the white gate, he could be let in or they were waiting to let him in.
Huge potential in this. My gripe would be the third party who has kept his secret and not been tempted by the reward money. Either a damn good friend or a partner.

That's possible you're right

My issue with this whole scenario is why do it in a town centre at all where you might be seen, why not park up in a deserted car park and just disappear, it just seems unnecessarily complicated and prone to going wrong IMO

I'm a law abiding person but I'd take the risk of sitting in my car in the same situation although tbh I never knew this was illegal until this case

I didn't know it was illegal either. It's not something I've ever done or can envisage doing now, in my advanced years I'm more likely to be drinking cocoa in my car these days than vodka, but I had no clue.

Huge potential in this. My gripe would be the third party who has kept his secret and not been tempted by the reward money. Either a damn good friend or a partner.

Maybe whoever helped him has no need for the reward money.

Maybe him getting away from his current life is more important and also maybe it had to be done in a way that 'everyone' knows he has disappeared and there's theories he has died, when actually he's just done a runner. He could be anywhere now if the right person/people were helping him. It would be quite easy done if you were in his position and had the resources we have seen.

attachment.php

With regards to this image and the dark figured person, upon seeing the enhanced images (I'm afraid I can't locate them but will add asap), i actually think this could actually be Corrie. My reasoning for this is that the CCTV camera is indoors, and with it being night time, it is using Infrared in order to capture images in the dark. This can give an off representation of colours at the best of times, but when an infrared camera is filming though a pane of glass, with a white frame, a lot of the lighter colour will be shown around the window frame, making images outside appear darker. When the image was altered and made lighter, i think the outfit looks very similar to the one corrie was wearing, and the subject is holding something in "his" left hand, just like corrie was when he was eating his food.

Edit to add my adjustment of the photo to brighten things up - If you look at the top of the persons head, it looks in my opinion as if they have short hair (male?) and light is reflecting off the ends at the top.

attachment.php

I have 4 CCTV cameras on the outside of my house, and whilst i was waiting for one to be mounted on the wall outside, i had it inside recording through the window, and everything appeared very dark due to the problems I mentioned above. I'm afraid i'm not a very technical person but I hope i've explained my reasoning for my opinion well enough!

x
I have said 3 or 4 times on this forum that I feel it could be Corrie. His posture and walk look exactly like that of Corrie and in fairness it's quite distinctive.
<modsnip>

I really feel that he would not have gone AWOL. I just don't think it's something he would do.

The theory of him 'doing a runner', going AWOL, disappearing by his own accord makes zero sense. I don't believe that whatsoever for so many key reasons.

-As far as we know he had a good life, was happy. Why would he leave, why would he do this to his family. His family have said this is NOT something he would do.

-As someone has commented, it makes no sense to go AWOL this way, in a town centre, surrounded by CCTV, when you are very drunk, when you have a car. If he wanted to leave he could have just left. His mum has also said he had no money, he hadn't even been paid - it was a few days before pay day and he hasn't accessed his bank since going missing. He has a dog which he loves - why would he abandon it.

He must be sensible not to go back to his car to sleep or even drive home drunk. Drink driving is common and when you are drunk and you have a 3 hour walk ahead of you and your car is in a nearby car park - you have got to be tempted to go back to your car.

I think some people get some sort of thrill from an awol conspiracy theory.

I've never believed for a moment Corrie has chosen to go missing.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The term Occam's razor refers to the philosophical idea or scientific principle that of any given set of explanations for an event occurring, it is most likely that the simplest one is the correct one. Occam's razor does not seek to offer complete and absolute proof, but to find the simplest probable answer to a question of why an event happened.
Was thinking of the above today mentioned on another thread I am on and after taking a 10 day break from commenting just to observe, there are still so many simple theory explanations, as to what could have happened, discussed, even with the limited facts and intelligence we have available here. Some excellent sleuths here. Will be interesting to see what our next poll results will be.

Walking back at that time seems pointless. It would have been light/morning by the time he'd get back to base and then he'd have had to have got himself back to BSE to pick his car up. It would have made much more sense to just stay in BSE and sober up enough to drive back surely.

I have said 3 or 4 times on this forum that I feel it could be Corrie. His posture and walk look exactly like that of Corrie and in fairness it's quite distinctive.
<modsnip>

I compared the CCTV footage of Corrie to the still of this guy and I agree the body shape/positioning is similar.

I believe his Mum has said she is really interested in who this is. Not sure if she is thinking it could be Corrie or has ruled that out. She may be hoping if someone comes forward as that being them - then she can rule it out being her son.

The police have the technology to check height etc. of someone caught on cctv. It is not Corrie in any of the images people are being asked to identify.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The term Occam's razor refers to the philosophical idea or scientific principle that of any given set of explanations for an event occurring, it is most likely that the simplest one is the correct one.

So the theories we have:

MOST LIKELY

- He has avoided CCTV or simply been missed when checking the CCTV, walked home, been mugged for his phone and murdered or gone into a strangers car/home and probably been murdered.

- He has walked home and been in an accident on the way home.

- He slept in a Wheelie Bin and was crushed when collected that night/morning. (This is the simplest theory to me)

UNLIKELY

- He has wandered somewhere in town and died in an accident. (Would have surely been found)

- He got taken by some dodgy person using one of the 4 vehicles that came into that area.
(Unlikely someone dodgy would be waiting for him there, in the centre of town with CCTV everywhere).

- He has gone AWOL. (There is no reason to believe this for many reasons).

Or doesn't have need of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member