UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still adamant he has fallen foul to a Stephen Port esq killer.

Meet online, arrange a meet and subsequently come to harm. Everything points towards this.

The theory being... Out for a few drinks, and feeling frisky (sorry to be crude), arranged a meet on a website or Grindr or Tindr, waited an hour or so in the doorway for the perpetrator to turn up, and then met in a relatively discreet location.... The rest we don't really know.

As posted earlier and on a possible other theory. I'm still intrigued regarding the bouncer throwing hin out for being drunk... This rarely happens as highlighted by a fellow post and in all my years of drinking bars, restaurants clubs etc I've never seen it. . <modsnip>

I'm still adamant he has fallen foul to a Stephen Port esq killer.

Meet online, arrange a meet and subsequently come to harm. Everything points towards this.

The theory being... Out for a few drinks, and feeling frisky (sorry to be crude), arranged a meet on a website or Grindr or Tindr, waited an hour or so in the doorway for the perpetrator to turn up, and then met in a relatively discreet location.... The rest we don't really know.

As posted earlier and on a possible other theory. I'm still intrigued regarding the bouncer throwing hin out for being drunk... This rarely happens as highlighted by a fellow post and in all my years of drinking bars, restaurants clubs etc I've never seen it. <modsnip>

I agree - I think the wheelie bin theory is my main 'go-to' explanation based on it happening many times before, Corrie already sleeping in town that night and no apparent CCTV of Corrie leaving this area on foot, but the meet online for a Hook-Up theory is a close 2nd, again because of the lack of CCTV evidence of him leaving on foot, and Hook-Up murders being a recent thing in the news - I have heard 2 cases of this in the past few months.

Corrie just randomly being murdered by a stranger who stumbled upon him - makes no sense to me. I don't think that is a normal thing to happen, but him meeting for a hook-up makes more sense. I also don't think he got in an altercation with someone he may have had an argument or issues with and then been disposed of. Something would surely have been seen or heard in a town centre.

I'm not sure why the bouncer is being spoken about. I've seen friends get dragged out of Clubs for no apparent reason before. Doormen don't usually let you in if you appear drunk at the door, so why would they want a drunken person in their club who was likely being a nuisance in one way or another. <modsnip>

Newbie here, so please go easy on me!!!!!!

Having trawled through the various pages on here and other sites my take on it is this..........

I believe that very simply he has taken his car to the town, proceeded to get very drunk and then wander about for a while. The large quantity of food and the sleeping in doorways suggests to me someone who was looking to sober up by early morning, so that he could then drive his own car back to the base.

(Remember if he had enough money for drink all night, followed by numerous takeaway items, he most likely had enough for a taxi to the base, so the theory of having to walk it doesnt sound right to me)

Remember that in a market town which would be busy in the morning, parking fees would probably apply from 8am or so onwards the next day (though would be free after 6pm the night in which he parked). His car parked in a pay space/disabled space would be on the receiving end of a ticket, or possibly end up impounded, very costly.

He would also have to travel back to the base, before heading back in to the town early doors to retrieve it, with no-one in the base likely to be sober or accomodating so early in the morning to assist.Therefore, in his head he had to hang around and sober up.

After waking the first time, he has wandered down the lane to do the toilet or get warmer shelter or both. He may have known the lane and the fact the bins were outside?

A recycle cardboard bin would be fairly clean, certainly cleaner than standard rubbish bins. Cardboard is also a good insulator (hence the reason homeless people use it).

I reckon he has hopped into the bin, intending to get another 2-3 hours kip before getting up and then picking his car back up.

Now, when the bins are weighed, at which point does this happen? Is it when it is lifted, or when the load is tipped into the dump truck? The answer to this could have a huge bearing on things.

My assumption is that somehow he has ended up in the dump truck and then travelled out to Barton Hills inside it, his phone movements would suggest this is the case and im not sure that the police dna tests would have tested inside the skip part of the truck and even if they did, finding any evidence so many days later after various loads would be quite a task.

Then, what happens next is anyones guess, he may have jumped out at some point (he may have been concussed and disorientated) and landed in a verge and subsequently frozen to death. Or he may have made it out okayish, only to be struck by another vehicle, or indeed just wandered into the woods and committed suicide, or fell and bumped his head etc (has any search been done in the forrest area next to barton hills?)

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

"The camera which spotted him walking into the "horseshoe" area - a loading bay - rotates on a three-minute timer.
Mrs Urquhart said her son could have walked across to the back of shops off Short Brackland without being seen by this camera."

[FONT=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Source: [/FONT]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38469702

So is she now saying that he could have walked back out of the horseshoe area, down Short Brackland and he wouldn't have been seen as the camera was on another location for 3 mins?!

<modsnip>

For me it would be interesting to understand what the last conversation was he had with his brother was

Does anyone have a link to the video by BBC Look East where they reconstruct Corrie's night and interview different people at each venue? My GoogleFu is failing me...

Thanks.

Does anyone have a link to the video by BBC Look East where they reconstruct Corrie's night and interview different people at each venue? My GoogleFu is failing me...

Thanks.

No link, it was removed from iPlayer - maybe on YT - but what you said upthread is correct.

Unless I've missed a major break in this case, LE has not named any suspects or POIs.

We don't accuse people of being involved in a missing person's disappearance unless they have been named as a suspect or POI.

The bouncer is neither a suspect nor a POI.

Posts have been removed.

Please post responsibly.

Thanks.

Further to my post above, i understand that the truck simply gets weighed on the way out of the depot and then weighed when it gets back. If that is the case it is entirely plausible that he has ended up in the back of the truck after sleeping in the bin, before hopping out when the truck neared barton hills.

Thanks. Interesting that a almost word for word article of a video made on the 12th Dec is produced on the 28th Dec!? Maybe because the video had been deleted because of how iPlayer works?

The Flex manager says this:

Manager Ben Manning said he had asked Mr Mckeague if he was drunk, to which he said Mr Mckeague replied "yes", told him "I love you" and gave him a hug before "stumbling" inside.

So despite admitting and clearly demonstrating he is already drunk he gets let in anyway?

Then from this article from Will Hook: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/flex_nig..._he_went_missing_in_bury_st_edmunds_1_4817132

“It was a pretty normal night,” he said, “I was on the door of Flex and was out the front when he came in and I went in soon afterwards as it got busier.

“He wasn’t too drunk but was worth keeping an eye on. He carried on drinking and got progressively worse. He was too intoxicated to still be there.”

Mr Hook emphasised Corrie was not causing any trouble, but had simply been too drunk to stay.“It was a pretty normal night,” he said, “I was on the door of Flex and was out the front when he came in and I went in soon afterwards as it got busier.

“He wasn’t too drunk but was worth keeping an eye on. He carried on drinking and got progressively worse. He was too intoxicated to still be there.”

Mr Hook emphasised Corrie was not causing any trouble, but had simply been too drunk to stay.

This confirms both Will and the manager were on the door when Corrie arrived and he was still let in. I'm really not sure how much more drink Corrie could have managed in ~30 minutes in a busy nightclub? Probably take that much time to get one and drink it!

"The camera which spotted him walking into the "horseshoe" area - a loading bay - rotates on a three-minute timer.
Mrs Urquhart said her son could have walked across to the back of shops off Short Brackland without being seen by this camera."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38469702

So is she now saying that he could have walked back out of the horseshoe area, down Short Brackland and he wouldn't have been seen as the camera was on another location for 3 mins?!

I started to write something about this earlier but didn't post it.

From an interview I saw with Corrie's Mum, she seemed to imply that he could have avoided cameras and walked down Short Brackland, but also implied that there was still no-way out of this area without being seen on CCTV unless he climbed over buildings which is very unlikely.

I have no idea where the camera or cameras are located that are down that road.

Anyway - this means that he could have walked down Short Brackland and there are a couple of areas a very short distance down that road where there are more large wheelie bins. Increasing the chances that he may well have been crushed to death in a bin lorry.

Further to my post above, i understand that the truck simply gets weighed on the way out of the depot and then weighed when it gets back. If that is the case it is entirely plausible that he has ended up in the back of the truck after sleeping in the bin, before hopping out when the truck neared barton hills.

But surely he would have been found by now if he hopped out before the depot.

I can't see someone choosing a bin full of rubbish over Hughes doorway which looks much cosier.

I think it is plausible that his phone got chucked in the recycling bin and he was put in a general waste bin but not by his choice.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

No link, it was removed from iPlayer - maybe on YT - but what you said upthread is correct.

I've been in trouble today for posting the wrong thing and I don't want to be again but I think I'm OK to say that the vidoe was never on iplayer, it was posted elsewhere and is still available

I've been in trouble today for posting the wrong thing and I don't want to be again but I think I'm OK to say that the vidoe was never on iplayer, it was posted elsewhere and is still available

Well it is by the BBC/Alex Dunlop, right? They are MSM so should be OK to link? I really want to see this again....!

But surely he would have been found by now if he hopped out before the depot.

I can't see someone choosing a bin full of rubbish over Hughes doorway which looks much cosier.

I think it is plausible that his phone got chucked in the recycling bin and he was put in a general waste bin but not by his choice.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Sometimes people can be missing for weeks/months before their bodies are found. One guy in my local town hung himself in the woods and it was about 2 weeks before he got found. I also recall a story of a guy hanging himself (in glasgow i think) and it was about 2 months before they found him.

The bin full of rubbish was actually just a bin full of cardboard boxes, most likely clean(ish) and much warmer and softer than a cold concrete doorway. Also more secluded and less likely to be disturbed by punters roaming the streets and police etc.

Your theory about someone throwing his mobile in one bin and him in the other may well be correct, but as far as i am aware there is no CCTV footage of anyone else entering that area?

I watched it on iplayer though. I'm not local to BSE and don't get Look East here. It was on iplayer for a day (or two?) after it was broadcast, it was the whole 30 minute programme of Look East, not just the story about Corrie and Nicola's interview.

ETA - I've just looked on iplayer and it seems that the Look East regional news programmes are available there for 24 hours after broadcast ended. So the one that was on at 6.30pm today goes off iplayer tomorrow at 7pm. Same for the shorter lunchtime one.
I did definitely see it on iplayer. I remember because it asked me to confirm that I have a TV licence before it would play.

Do I have the wrong end of the stick here? :thinking:

I also thought it looked like shirt tails, which was how Corrie was wearing his shirt. The knee lift looks very similar to Corrie's walking style, too.

My problem is that I didn't think other pictures from this camera needed the exclusion filter...so why does this one? And what is this person carrying, considering that Corrie walked into the horseshoe empty-handed?
That's the conundrum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member