UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put it down to in the past when he's done it he has probably replied to texts or calls or even been active on SM but perhaps this time he wasn't active on SM, not replying to texts and his phone would be going straight to answer phone etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a very good point. His phone went dead at 8 a.m. Saturday so there would have been zilch for more than two days, surely that was out of character? Why didn't anyone notice?

Was waiting for someone to post about Tony being on Sky News.....

Though surprisingly you didn't mention the key bit that stood out to me.....

"He either left in a car or he left on foot".

What the !!!!!!!

I don't know if he now means he could have got past CCTV on foot or he means through a building or both.
Looks like we're right back at the beginning again. All options possible. At least many of the witnesses are identified now. Is this what MIS are saying perhaps? Also of note, the time C entered H/s is stated as 03.20 a.m. now. They must have been reading our discussions on the timings yesterday IMO.

Was waiting for someone to post about Tony being on Sky News.....

Though surprisingly you didn't mention the key bit that stood out to me.....

"He either left in a car or he left on foot".

What the !!!!!!!

I don't know if he now means he could have got past CCTV on foot or he means through a building or both.
I think he always presents both as hypotheses, but then discounts the leaving on foot hypothesis. I don't think he has ever said that Corrie actually could have left on foot; just that it needed to be ruled out, which he claims it had been.

Dogs always hold the key to things.

"the love of Corrie's life"

Corrie's dog - Louell (is Louell a pedigree or did C rescue him?)
Age - 7 months

How long did Corrie have this dog before he went missing...

Mixed breed, 7 months old at time of disappearance

Something else to question. The mobile phone. What time did it begin moving at vehicle speed? Wouldn't that indicate when he stopped walking and went in a vehicle or at least when his phone did? JMO.

I think he always presents both as hypotheses, but then discounts the leaving on foot hypothesis. I don't think he has ever said that Corrie actually could have left on foot; just that it needed to be ruled out, which he claims it had been.
I think I'll wait for the next LE update.

Something else to question. The mobile phone. What time did it begin moving at vehicle speed? Wouldn't that indicate when he stopped walking and went in a vehicle or at least when his phone did? JMO.
The police probably already know. This is the problem, isn't it? We haven't been told much official information at all, so we're trying to fill in gaps.

Everyone one knows how much hard work we've put into this case so far. It's been immense and I don't mind coming up with curveball ideas to stimulate a different way of thinking based on that hard work.
It occurred to me yesterday (I have no proof and I ain't suggesting this was his intentions), that IF he binned his phone there must have been an intent to 'do something' whether legal or illegal. The timings of the phone's movement have not yet categorically been proven to match any vehicle let alone the bin lorry as far as I know although that is the prime candidate for transference. I've worked tirelessly on trying to come up with an explanation for these timings but cannot say with absolute confidence that the phone went in the bin lorry. I'm 90% sure but not 100% sure.
Anyway, to bin that phone COULD be a way of not drawing attention to oneself whilst driving...ie, Corrie driving. He's already bladdered and to be caught in a car (his car?) with his phone as evidence of travel, would surely bring his world down around him. Damning evidence if you will. Just musing on it and the possibilities at the moment...hmmmmm...
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm inclined in cases like this one, to never believe someone who states that 'something' is 'impossible'...better choice of words is 'highly improbable'
Despite not being at all technically minded, even I doubted the 'impossible' to have left on foot 'fact' that was being presented!

You're certainly not the only one with doubts.

The other mind worm for me is the suggestion that he exited the 'Horseshoe' fairly quickly after entering (0325) yet the bin lorry arrived at 0420, took for minutes to empty one Greggs bin and left at 0424. The bin lorry and the phone correlate to within 1 1/2 minutes of each other's movement towards BM/M.
Where was Corrie in those 55minutes? I know it's been covered before but something is amiss here and I suspect it's CCTV timings. Could the Greenwoods CCTV camera be one hour out (BST adjustment missed?)?

Just a quick question. Would Corrie have been able to get a signal on his mobile in the horseshoe area?

The police have not confirmed that Corrie couldn't have left the area undetected as you well know, so no links will be forthcoming. Much of the information we have is sole sourced from the family and is unconfirmed by the police. However, in doing the recent search of the properties opposite the horseshoe is a tacit confirmation IMO, given TW's logic as to why they should be searched. Also the police hinted in that direction:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...r_missing_Scots_RAF_gunner/?commentSort=score
In addition, the fact that all routes out were covered by CCTV has been reported by the MSM, eg http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38267086 without any contradiction or correction from the Suffolk police. None of this is confirmation in its own right of course.

But to turn it on its head, why don't you say which route you think he could have left the area by, then we can see whether it's credible.

0924bed04be206fa5d82026e66c846f6.jpg

Mixed breed, 7 months old at time of disappearance

Do we know how long Corrie had had his dog? Presumably not for long as surely he wasn't allowed one in living quarters? I've always wondered if he got the dog for April but as she and her family went to the US Corrie needed to look after him temporarily. If he did get April the dog that indicates that he had more than just casual feelings for her, in which case he'd be missing her and this could/would affect his mood. With his friends disappearing out without him, he could be feeling very lonely and have a more reckless attitude or to put it a nicer way, he went out to get very drunk and wanted to prove to himself/others that he can have fun without them.

Everyone one knows how much hard work we've put into this case so far. It's been immense and I don't mind coming up with curveball ideas to stimulate a different way of thinking.
It occurred to me yesterday (I have no proof and I ain't suggesting this was his intentions), that IF he binned his phone there must have been an intent to 'do something' whether legal or illegal. The timings of the phone's movement have not yet been categorically been proven to match any vehicle let alone the bin lorry as far as I know although that is the prime candidate for transference. I've worked tirelessly on trying to come up with an explanation for these timings but cannot say with absolute confidence that the phone went in the bin lorry. I'm 90% sure but not 100% sure.
Anyway, to bin that phone COULD be a way of not drawing attention to oneself whilst driving...ie, Corrie driving. He's already bladdered and to be caught in a car (his car?) with his phone as evidence of travel, would surely bring his world down around him. Damning evidence if you will. Just musing on it and the possibilities at the moment...hmmmmm...
JMO

Couldn't he have just turned off his phone though to avoid being tracked?

Obviously I cannot advise on council CCTV systems as they might take their times from a local council server (which I would 'hope' would take its time from Internet servers).

In respect to the private CCTV like shops and local businesses, It is in my experience that such systems are reliant on live Internet connections to provide external viewing and as such the times recorded on such systems should be accurate and in sync to Internet time servers.

Ive been into petrol stations in the UK to view CCTV evidence and 80% of the time their systems have been UPTO ten minutes out. Exceptionally frustrating when you're trying to make headway in a case. Unsure if these would be different though being private shops?

Exactly, and add to that the fact that they've always accepted that he could have left on foot after 4pm Saturday.

The other mind worm for me is the suggestion that he exited the 'Horseshoe' fairly quickly after entering (0325) yet the bin lorry arrived at 0420, took for minutes to empty one Greggs bin and left at 0424. The bin lorry and the phone correlate to within 1 1/2 minutes of each other's movement towards BM/M.
Where was Corrie in those 55minutes? I know it's been covered before but something is amiss here and I suspect it's CCTV timings. Could the Greenwoods CCTV camera be one hour out (BST adjustment missed?)?

Could it be that once he reached the horseshoes Corrie had realised that he wasn't going to get home that night. He'd been out for a long time, virtually 99% of it alone and it was getting cold. His options were:

Go and sleep in his car -it's uncomfortable and public and he may have known that you can be charged with drink driving just by being over the limit in a stationary car.

Walk - he'd apparently (according to one of his brothers )tried this before and only got part way. It's a really long way and Corrie is knackered. He doesn't fancy that option much.

Sleep and then drive home - he'd slept in a doorway and apparently been checked on by a passer by. I suspect they're all told at the base to behave well in town or they'll get into trouble. In a doorway he's at risk of being seen. Behind a bin in the horseshoes is private, we know only four vehicles were there in quite some time and there weren't masses of passers by either.

Maybe he got angry with his phone. Maybe he put it down in something horrible? I've read on earlier websleuths pages that the back can come off his phone easily. What he he'd just had a wee or whatever and dropped his phone in it. He tried to wipe it against something and back came off. He thought sod it. It's cheap and he wants a better phone anyway. He chucks it in a bin.

I'm undecided about what happens next, but I feel that whatever happened to Corrie need not have happened before the first bin was collected.

I read the article online this morning (Sky news), TW said that the bin lorry is still an active line of enquiry, he also mentioned the 'other' bin lorries.

Just a quick question. Would Corrie have been able to get a signal on his mobile in the horseshoe area?
I just had a momentary image of 90k people all holding up their phones in the bin area
I believe it is close to the mast but am sure someone on here could confirm if there is a signal in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710