UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is doing my nut in now - I posted before about some ideas, but couldn't say what I really thought because of course if you say the wrong thing and inadvertently accuse someone or whatever, or imply X might have done Y then you end up in big trouble.

I've thought about it some more, and while I was banging on about the bin truck and the weight and why you maybe wouldn't take that all at face value - maybe that's a bit too obtuse, so I'm going to pose some questions in the form of a kind of logical argument / consideration.

Part is purely logic based on the known facts - of which there aren't many, others on the laws of physics based on my time in electronics - and I do want the £50K reward if they catch the kiler etc after this LoL.

So known knowns:

Corrie enters place covered 100% by CCTV - he goes in but is never seen to leave, which is impossibe on foot.

Therefore he must have left in a vehicle.

There were only 4 vehicles within the timeframe the Police consider important - 3 cars and a bin truck.

In the papers today it said the 3 cars have been discounted, that leaves the bin truck.

The phone "pinged" the masts on the route of the bin truck within the appropriate time frames.

It would therefore seem likely that the phone was travelling with the bin truck (note I didn't say in the bin truck).

The most likely assumption has been that Corrie got into a bin, fell asleep and was picked up and deposited in the bin trucks refuse collection area, along with his phone.

However, there are 2 problems with this:

1) The weight of the collected refuse was 11Kg and he weighed 85Kg, so this seem unlikely;
2) The back of the bin truck that the refuse is poured into is essentially a solid metal sealed cage - if it is earther then it is a perfect Faraday cage from which no radio signal could escape - which means it is impossible that the phone could ping the mast if it's inside the refuse area of the truck.

Even if it is not earthed and not a perfect Faraday cage, it would attenuate the signal so much it may still not be able to ping the mast (and the less of the mast the phone will have been able to "see" or comunicate with, the more it will have increased power usage to boost the signal, which will have drained the batteries faster);

Therefore is it not VERY unlikely that the phone was in the refuse deposit area or the truck?

And yet it still travelled the same route at the same times as the bin truck (assumed from reports and allegedly).

So what other options are available to explain this?

1) The phone was on the exterior of the truck.

If this was the case then either Corrie or someone else put the phone on the truck for some unknown reason while not getting on the truck himself, or Corrie and the phone got onto the exterior of the truck without the driver seeing.

Since the CCTV doesn't show Corrie on the truck as it exited that seems unlikely, as does him hanging onto it for several miles without falling off - but maybe he was "hidden" and got off later. Seems unlikely but this whole thing is unlikely.

If it was just the phone - it wasn't found on the truck in the investigation of the truck, so muct have fallen off, presumably on the road - so why hasn't it been found? And why hasn't Corrie been found, presumably at the place he became detached from the phone.

2) If Corrie wasn't in the back of the truck or clinging to the outside of the truck, the only other place is inside the cab of the truck.

This then explains why the phone travelled the route of the truck, was able to ping the masts (the glass allows the radio waves to permeate to the outside world), why the weight of Corrie isn't in the back of the truck (it weighs waste put into the recepticle, not weight put in the cab), and how he left the area unseen.

This seems to be the most likely (while not the only) course of events, so how did the phone and/or the phone AND Corrie end up in the cab of the truck (if that is what happened - and I'm not saying it did).

If you found a mobile phone and thought "I'll have that", then when the nature of the investigation becomes clear wouldn't you say what happened?

If someone else put the phone in the cab while the driver was distracted (it's a 1 man crew) - why? And why wasn't it found later?

If Corrie sneaked into the cab for a laugh or a free lift when the driver was distracted - would the driver have seen him / why did he still disappear?

If you were the Police wouldn't this be your major line of enquiry?

Bin truck with one man crew enters area, person in area disappears, phone pings masts on route of bin truck, is perhaps impossible (needs testing) for phone to ping masts if in back of metal box, phone is on person and person doesn't appear to be on exterior of bin truck (and he's drunk - difficult)...

What is left?

Tragic accident, something else, someone else involved other than the obvious protagonists, some weird accumulation of oddly conflicting factors?

Most likely, least likely.

Where do you start?

Who do you focus on?

What do you focus on?

Flights of fancy or the facts and the laws of physics - I bet the Police have not yet put a phone in the back of the same kind of truck used by Biffa and seen if it can send/receive calls, or ping a mast.

Maybe that's a good place to start - again?

Then work from there?

The 'hands in pockets' thing has made me think. Normally younger people who have a phone tend to carry it in the open and fiddle about with it almost all of the time. Had the phone already gone?

That's a good point actually - not all but a lot of guys on a night out would have keys, phone and a wallet or maybe just cash. I wonder if he is seen on CCTV that we haven't seen but I'm presuming the Police and his mum has - taking things out of his pocket or checking his phone. If hooking up with someone also maybe would have checked phone before walking to meeting point in case of cancelling? Although I suppose if he was very drunk etc this is all just what ifs!

Another idea and JMO. Perhaps Corrie just had enough, decided to move on and is being well looked after by true "friends" who are covering up for him. There are various close knit communities out there and they will all look after each other..... reward or no reward!

This one is doing my nut in now - I posted before about some ideas, but couldn't say what I really thought because of course if you say the wrong thing and inadvertently accuse someone or whatever, or imply X might have done Y then you end up in big trouble.

I've thought about it some more, and while I was banging on about the bin truck and the weight and why you maybe wouldn't take that all at face value - maybe that's a bit too obtuse, so I'm going to pose some questions in the form of a kind of logical argument / consideration.

Part is purely logic based on the known facts - of which there aren't many, others on the laws of physics based on my time in electronics - and I do want the £50K reward if they catch the kiler etc after this LoL.

So known knowns:

Corrie enters place covered 100% by CCTV - he goes in but is never seen to leave, which is impossibe on foot.

Therefore he must have left in a vehicle.

There were only 4 vehicles within the timeframe the Police consider important - 3 cars and a bin truck.

In the papers today it said the 3 cars have been discounted, that leaves the bin truck.

The phone "pinged" the masts on the route of the bin truck within the appropriate time frames.

It would therefore seem likely that the phone was travelling with the bin truck (note I didn't say in the bin truck).

The most likely assumption has been that Corrie got into a bin, fell asleep and was picked up and deposited in the bin trucks refuse collection area, along with his phone.

However, there are 2 problems with this:

1) The weight of the collected refuse was 11Kg and he weighed 85Kg, so this seem unlikely;
2) The back of the bin truck that the refuse is poured into is essentially a solid metal sealed cage - if it is earther then it is a perfect Faraday cage from which no radio signal could escape - which means it is impossible that the phone could ping the mast if it's inside the refuse area of the truck.

Even if it is not earthed and not a perfect Faraday cage, it would attenuate the signal so much it may still not be able to ping the mast (and the less of the mast the phone will have been able to "see" or comunicate with, the more it will have increased power usage to boost the signal, which will have drained the batteries faster);

Therefore is it not VERY unlikely that the phone was in the refuse deposit area or the truck?

And yet it still travelled the same route at the same times as the bin truck (assumed from reports and allegedly).

So what other options are available to explain this?

1) The phone was on the exterior of the truck.

If this was the case then either Corrie or someone else put the phone on the truck for some unknown reason while not getting on the truck himself, or Corrie and the phone got onto the exterior of the truck without the driver seeing.

Since the CCTV doesn't show Corrie on the truck as it exited that seems unlikely, as does him hanging onto it for several miles without falling off - but maybe he was "hidden" and got off later. Seems unlikely but this whole thing is unlikely.

If it was just the phone - it wasn't found on the truck in the investigation of the truck, so muct have fallen off, presumably on the road - so why hasn't it been found? And why hasn't Corrie been found, presumably at the place he became detached from the phone.

2) If Corrie wasn't in the back of the truck or clinging to the outside of the truck, the only other place is inside the cab of the truck.

This then explains why the phone travelled the route of the truck, was able to ping the masts (the glass allows the radio waves to permeate to the outside world), why the weight of Corrie isn't in the back of the truck (it weighs waste put into the recepticle, not weight put in the cab), and how he left the area unseen.

This seems to be the most likely (while not the only) course of events, so how did the phone and/or the phone AND Corrie end up in the cab of the truck (if that is what happened - and I'm not saying it did).

If you found a mobile phone and thought "I'll have that", then when the nature of the investigation becomes clear wouldn't you say what happened?

If someone else put the phone in the cab while the driver was distracted (it's a 1 man crew) - why? And why wasn't it found later?

If Corrie sneaked into the cab for a laugh or a free lift when the driver was distracted - would the driver have seen him / why did he still disappear?

If you were the Police wouldn't this be your major line of enquiry?

Bin truck with one man crew enters area, person in area disappears, phone pings masts on route of bin truck, is perhaps impossible (needs testing) for phone to ping masts if in back of metal box, phone is on person and person doesn't appear to be on exterior of bin truck (and he's drunk - difficult)...

What is left?

Tragic accident, something else, someone else involved other than the obvious protagonists, some weird accumulation of oddly conflicting factors?

Most likely, least likely.

Where do you start?

Who do you focus on?

What do you focus on?

Flights of fancy or the facts and the laws of physics - I bet the Police have not yet put a phone in the back of the same kind of truck used by Biffa and seen if it can send/receive calls, or ping a mast.

Maybe that's a good place to start - again?

Then work from there?

This is so true also. Initially I kept thinking that its VERY co-incidental that his phone pings at the masts on the route of the bin truck. <modsnip> A video I saw of Nicola also spoke about the bin lorry and she said the driver was a witness but not at all a suspect.

DT100. If you refer to Image1 it seems to show someone else standing with their back to the guy in the main view. I really don't know why this would be but it may be worth following up on in other CCTV. If it was a supermarket que I would expect all the customers to be facing in the same direction.

Nicola also said in the Q&A that they were going to test the Farraday cage example in the bin lorry to see if it would ping inside.

Got me thinking now about hands in pockets and something just popped in me head what if he did lose the phone before he went in horseshoe he was in hughes doorway say playing with phone then falls asleep with phone but then wakes to find no phone :thinking:

If you were an author like Conan Doyle and you were going to write a story, what would you come up with as the answer?

I'm thinking of writing a story myself - what do you think is the best ending for it?

Obviously the storyline is similar, but nothing at all to do with this actual siituation, mine is a total fabrication and NOT based on real life events - person inexplicably disappears from area he can't have left on foot in similar circumstances, Police say can't have left in bin truck because weight in back is too light.

Phone pings mast but is impossible because of weight, etc.

1) Driver isn't considered by Police but is actually a homicidal maniac and/or a religious fanatic who either:
a) Offers a lift to, but then kills my main character in cab of truck when finds out he's in forces;
b) or kills him first then puts him in cab of truck because he's a homicidal maniac, or maybe they got into a fight or something (in each of these he uses a strangle hold so there is no blood - might even wrap him in bin bags for forensic reasons);

2) Driver pulls into area and hits my main character with truckin a way that fatally injures him, but leaves no blood;

3) Driver bumps into bin and crushes my main character behind it - might be blood that Police haven't found, or maybe no blood;

(in each of these my driver would have been drinking before ging to work, so hides what happened to avoid prison).

4) Driver offers lift to nice decent loking respectable boy, one of them tries it on with other, one objects, kerfuffle, my main character gets strangled and dies;

Or they have an argument over something, I don't know, music or something - and the same result.

In my story the driver gets rid of the body somehow, maybe at the landfill, probably not (at least not at that point), and no one is any the wiser.

I was thinking of making my character a serial killer and giving him more and more impossible victims.

I don't know - what do you think - any preferences?

It's only a story, no matter how much it might appear to be very close, it's just parallel and of course a lot of fiction s bourne of real life events, but painted in a totally different light.

Long shot.
I don't suppose we have any legal professionals here?Criminal law in particular. (I realise you're unlikely to want to out yourself if we do....) English law, obvs .

Given the context, a serving or former police officer may know the answer to whatever you want to ask. I don't know if any are following this case though.

I realy think that they are waisting time still trying to identify the people, imo they never saw a thing as i think that Corrie left by car soon after and he never hung around so no one saw him, same as search in the area that is a waist of time also in my opinion,

It takes a lot of time and a lot of money to do this. The photos today are new ones from CCTV taken elsewhere. They'll have had to 'follow' people via the cameras in an attempt to find a better image.

And with Scotland Yard and MIS now involved, I would think that things will be moving at a faster pace. There will be much more going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about. It will be a technological minefield but they will be working hard.

That's a good point actually - not all but a lot of guys on a night out would have keys, phone and a wallet or maybe just cash. I wonder if he is seen on CCTV that we haven't seen but I'm presuming the Police and his mum has - taking things out of his pocket or checking his phone. If hooking up with someone also maybe would have checked phone before walking to meeting point in case of cancelling? Although I suppose if he was very drunk etc this is all just what ifs!
Even if they have full CCTV up to his disappearance, I doubt they would be able to keep full track of the things he was holding such as the phone. I also believe the period in Hughes doorway is crucial to the investigation because Tony will not answer questions about this. One possible theory is that he realised he no longer had the phone and was looking around to see if there was anybody about who may have taken it.

If you were an author like Conan Doyle and you were going to write a story, what would you come up with as the answer?

I'm thinking of writing a story myself - what do you think is the best ending for it?

Obviously the storyline is similar, but nothing at all to do with this actual siituation, mine is a total fabrication and NOT based on real life events - person inexplicably disappears from area he can't have left on foot in similar circumstances, Police say can't have left in bin truck because weight in back is too light.

Phone pings mast but is impossible because of weight, etc.

1) Driver isn't considered by Police but is actually a homicidal maniac and/or a religious fanatic who either:
a) Offers a lift to, but then kills my main character in cab of truck when finds out he's in forces;
b) or kills him first then puts him in cab of truck because he's a homicidal maniac, or maybe they got into a fight or something (in each of these he uses a strangle hold so there is no blood - might even wrap him in bin bags for forensic reasons);

2) Driver pulls into area and hits my main character with truckin a way that fatally injures him, but leaves no blood;

3) Driver bumps into bin and crushes my main character behind it - might be blood that Police haven't found, or maybe no blood;

(in each of these my driver would have been drinking before ging to work, so hides what happened to avoid prison).

4) Driver offers lift to nice decent loking respectable boy, one of them tries it on with other, one objects, kerfuffle, my main character gets strangled and dies;

Or they have an argument over something, I don't know, music or something - and the same result.

In my story the driver gets rid of the body somehow, maybe at the landfill, probably not (at least not at that point), and no one is any the wiser.

I was thinking of making my character a serial killer and giving him more and more impossible victims.

I don't know - what do you think - any preferences?

It's only a story, no matter how much it might appear to be very close, it's just parallel and of course a lot of fiction s bourne of real life events, but painted in a totally different light.

Wouldn't go with any of those stories.

Nicola also said in the Q&A that they were going to test the Farraday cage example in the bin lorry to see if it would ping inside.

When did she say tht? I've been bugging them for 2 to 3 weeks to do it.

Probably stupid, but is there any possibility Corrie could have escaped the cameras in the horseshoe area by shadowing the bin lorry? Granted his clothes are light coloured, but is it possible, particularly 'if' he had a change of clothes?

And with Scotland Yard and MIS now involved, I would think that things will be moving at a faster pace. There will be much more going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about. It will be a technological minefield but they will be working hard.

I don't think that the met or scotland yard are still investigating, to what i know they were just doing cctv stuff and are long gone,

I realy think that they are waisting time still trying to identify the people, imo they never saw a thing as i think that Corrie left by car soon after and he never hung around so no one saw him, same as search in the area that is a waist of time also in my opinion,

It's all part of the process and areas will need to be cleared before moving forward. Why look further afield when the answer may be on your doorstep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro