UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say, i have nothing but respect for the UK and the British people, but I have a question. Seems the police are too darn polite. If american cops wanted to search a landfill, they would arrive in force, search warrant in hand and start digging. They would not be warning the locals that they might have to shut their windows due to smell, or cancel their outdoor activities. I almost think this culture of politeness has slowed this entire investigation. Maybe I watch too much tv.

I'm not sure what your question is, but I don't think the search has been delayed because of concerns about the smell.
They've taken the opportunity in the time between announcing the search and actually getting started to warn the community about the issues, but I really don't think the decision to wait until now has been based on worrying about the locals being bothered by the smell.

First let me say, i have nothing but respect for the UK and the British people, but I have a question. Seems the police are too darn polite. If american cops wanted to search a landfill, they would arrive in force, search warrant in hand and start digging. They would not be warning the locals that they might have to shut their windows due to smell, or cancel their outdoor activities. I almost think this culture of politeness has slowed this entire investigation. Maybe I watch too much tv.

Or do we believe LE have deliberately given an abundance of notice that the landfill is to be searched to see if any of the pieces on the board make a move first?

I'm not sure what your question is, but I don't think the search has been delayed because of concerns about the smell.
They've taken the opportunity in the time between announcing the search and actually getting started to warn the community about the issues, but I really don't think the decision to wait until now has been based on worrying about the locals being bothered by the smell.

But they announced it a few days ago and today is tuesday evening in Suffolk and I don't see any shovels. Time is awasting. Just do it!

Just start a rumor Jimmy Hoffa is buried there, and the FBI will show up with heavy equipment tomorrow.

Or do we believe LE have deliberately given an abundance of notice that the landfill is to be searched to see if any of the pieces on the board make a move first?

That might be true, because they just don't want to search it. The same reason they have not searched it since September is causing them to go slow now. They have no real faith he is there...even though the only real evidence is the darn phone. And that evidence says he is most likely with his phone under the landfill. A young man these days would rather loose his left arm than his phone. The fact his phone left the HS is my biggest problem with my main theory he is dead in a nearby field due to an accident. He walked into the HS with his fingers in his pocket, clearly not carrying a phone. The phone had to be in a pocket. Why would he take it out when he was relieving himself in the HS if that is what he did? I am not sure he is in the landfill, but it is the most logical conclusion. The police wanted this to be the last thing they had to do, but it should have been the first.

I don't think he landfill is being searched for Corrie (which is why he Police stated '[FONT=Lato, helvetica, sans-serif]While the search may not provide the answers as to what happened...'); I think it is being searched for other evidence, not just from Corrie, but perhaps from other parties who may have disposed of items in bins at a later date. Letting everyone think it may be a search for Corrie would be a good way of covering up the fact they are looking for the waste from (e.g.) No.666 Dodgy Street, or maybe all the waste collected in the town over a certain period. [/FONT]

I don't think he landfill is being searched for Corrie (which is why he Police stated '[FONT=Lato, helvetica, sans-serif]While the search may not provide the answers as to what happened...'); I think it is being searched for other evidence, not just from Corrie, but perhaps from other parties who may have disposed of items in bins at a later date. Letting everyone think it may be a search for Corrie would be a good way of covering up the fact they are looking for the waste from (e.g.) No.666 Dodgy Street, or maybe all the waste collected in the town over a certain period. [/FONT]

They would have to know what those items were and they would have to be large enough to standout among all the garbage. I think they are searching for his remains. They will need the help of dogs for that.

I'm presuming the Landfill site isn't being searched for a body because of the weight measuring device on the bin lorry reporting normal weight for that night?

I'm presuming the Landfill site isn't being searched for a body because of the weight measuring device on the bin lorry reporting normal weight for that night?

I think the police have some doubt about that. What could they possibly be looking for if not the body?

It’s not widely known EXACTLY what they’re searching for.....Corrie, phone, evidence of a crime.

All of the above!! We ought not to presume anything...bins other than the Biffa recycling from early that morning are in the frame.

They're clearly looking for his body, his dad said 'the police think my boy could be there' and his mum said 'I'm terrified because I know what they're looking for" (on the anglia news report) alluding to C I think. Remember the police probably know a hell of a lot more than they're letting on obviously. I really HOPE he's not there but like someone else commented I've got a feeling in my gut :(

It’s not widely known EXACTLY what they’re searching for.....Corrie, phone, evidence of a crime.

All of the above!! We ought not to presume anything...bins other than the Biffa recycling from early that morning are in the frame.

You are not going to find a phone in a landfill. The police would not spend effort to find a phone in 1000's of cubic ft of garbage. Come on. they are looking for remains. the family already said that.

IMO the police will not be searching for a phone but a body in the landfill, I suspect that they have always thort that it was a probable that he ended up in the landfill as they had that area set a side on the landfill from very early on, IMO all the other leads have hit a dead end, and they might even have new evidence to suggest he might be in the landfill, the reward is strange being withdrawn like that, would some one involved be able to maybe clame the reward before they were charged!! IMOIMO

You are not going to find a phone in a landfill. The police would not spend effort to find a phone in 1000's of cubic ft of garbage. Come on. they are looking for remains. the family already said that.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he landfill is being searched for Corrie (which is why he Police stated 'While the search may not provide the answers as to what happened...'); I think it is being searched for other evidence, not just from Corrie, but perhaps from other parties who may have disposed of items in bins at a later date. Letting everyone think it may be a search for Corrie would be a good way of covering up the fact they are looking for the waste from (e.g.) No.666 Dodgy Street, or maybe all the waste collected in the town over a certain period.

Hope I'm allowed to post this link

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/missing-corrie-mckeagues-dad-says-12604774

Snip - "[FONT=&quot]Martin McKeague, Corrie’s dad, said on Facebook: “[The news] was hard for all of the McKeague family in Scotland. Make no mistake, this part is no longer just about looking for Corrie’s phone, or witnesses or CCTV footage. This is about searching for his body in a 26 foot deep 900 metre wide rubbish site because they believe my boy is in there somewhere."[/FONT]

Intent of my comment was to illustrate that it is not known for sure exactly what the situation is. I believe they have gained intel/evidence that Corrie's remains could be there but I don't KNOW this and you can't know it either. LockeDowne (along with others) think not a body. It will be hoped that phone is with Corrie....I guess I should've made my previous comment more clear.

After months 'n months of conflicting, confusing statements and speculations absolutely nothing can be assumed to be fact.

Intent of my comment was to illustrate that it is not known for sure exactly what the situation is. I believe they have gained intel/evidence that Corrie's remains could be there but I don't KNOW this and you can't know it either. LockeDowne (along with others) think not a body. It will be hoped that phone is with Corrie....I guess I should've made my previous comment more clear.

After months 'n months of conflicting, confusing statements and speculations absolutely nothing can be assumed to be fact.

I really don't know what is going on with details of possibly the wrong bin lorry being searched and maybe there even being two bin lorries now plus a vehicle also having forensics done on it, as well as no positive forensics results from the December bin search all MOO of course, who really knows why the landfill is being searched. For actual evidence or for LE to be beyond criticism, I do not know what the real reason is, but I hope they find nothing.

I missed your question about my question. My thought was, is the british respect for authorities slowing down the investigation? The police layout their case in story after story and it seems to go unchallenged by the MSM at least. The tabloids, of course, have little respect for anything. Between the story of the two headed cat, or the 70 year old nun who had an alien baby, you might find a well sourced story. I saw the story of the mother where she said, she wanted a landfill search right away but said nothing because she trusted the police. My words not hers. I just know of so many cases where the police give up and a family member finds a sympathetic ear in the press. A story of police incompetence or complacency gets published and low and behold, as if by magic a case gets new life. In the USA i sometimes see press conferences where the press asks the most stupid questions. But in between the stupid questions are hard pressing demands for answers and tough followup. Lot's of Why's and how come's. Now granted, I do not see your local broadcasts, but I see none of that in the internet press. Police just say we are working hard to find the lad, and we have spent so many pounds and so many man-hours...blah blah blah...and the press doesn't hit hard, with why have you not searched landfills? How do you know Biffa records are correct? in the words of the king of siam in the play, etc, etc.

Depending on the depth ? But then IMO if it was blocked off and no more was allowed !

That was only 25 sq metres it said which can't be correct can it? That is just the size of a large room which wouldnt take "several weeks" to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3