UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could ask the same question about my fathers friend.
He had a home not far away and still chose to sleep in a bin, the outcome was tragic.
Sometimes their is no reasoning behind our actions however strange they may be.

Especially when we are drunk. People who are absolutely smashed don't care where they sleep. People sleep in their own sick.

How do we know the bin was particularly dirty anyway.

None of the other scenarios make sense other than going off willingly in a vehicle. And I don't believe in AWOL whatsoever.

The bin scenario makes by far the most sense, even if it isn't clear how Corrie has got to landfill without being seen, though maybe he was seen, but nothing was said.

I strongly believe he will be found at landfill.

If he isn't, then the Police have got to go hard on those people with vehicles and start doing forensic searches of property and vehicles.

I feel it is finally time to post, having read every post from the beginning .... As my profile says, my background is 25 years in Science, analytical, problem solving ... systems .. procedures .... and the rule i lived by ... Assumption is the Mother of all F&&&Ups ..and believe you me, many an assumption by someone was the root of a problem...,, so as boring as it may seem, emotion and belief do not come into my thought process.

I will add that as a member of the public, I hope that Corrie is still alive, hope that he may have just run away from the life he had ...... but for now I will keep to the facts (as I have seen them). One comment i would add is the continual reference to the Horseshoe being a culdesac, a one way in, one way out location. So a detailed study of the Street View/Google Maps has shown that the Horseshoe is Not a 'owiowo' culdesac, but the bin area off of the Horseshoe is. There are actually multiple ways out of the Horseshoe itself.

Facts :
Corrie entered the Horseshoe - picked up on camera FACT
Corrie was not picked up on camera leaving the Horseshoe. FACT
Corrie's phone was tracked beyond the Horseshoe for over 4 hours after his last confirmed sighting. FACT
For Corrie not to be in the Horseshoe now, he must have left the HS. FACT
Corrie left the HS on foot OR in a vehicle OR carried. FACT

So what do those facts tell us :
The only real facts we have are that i) we know when he entered the HS voluntarily
ii) his phone left the HS
iii) Corrie was not picked up on camera leaving the HS

So what don't we know :
We don't know if the phone left the HS with Corrie
We do not know if he is missing voluntarily or involuntarily
We do not know how he left the HS
If he left the HS by vehicle it has to be one of the vehicles that left the HS .. FACT (when the vehicle left the
HS with Corrie is not known FACT)
If he left the HS on foot there are two options : he left the HS in the small window of opportunity that
exists to avoid the cameras, or 2) he left the HS at a later time having hidden away. Note : this would be after
the last time the police viewed on the cameras.
If he was carried away this would have to be done in the small window of opportunity as per above, or
conceiled and carried away at a later time.

As 'unhelpful' in solving this case as all this is, it does lay out the facts. The cyclist, old man, dog, door men and so on, may all have their places in this, but they would all be guesses and guessing is something i have never done.
Perhaps the police have made assumptions (should NEVER ever make assumptions), have excluded various people, have excluded scenarios, have assumed that the 1 or 2% chance of leaving the HS without being seen makes it impossible (wrong assumption) ... but reality is Corrie is Missing ... Is that voluntary or not, we do not know.

The reality is, a young man on a night out disappeared ...

If C left by vehicle it doesn't have to be one of the four on camera , it could be one later on

if I remember correctly, as it was discussed several threads ago, he could be technically drunk in charge of a vehicle if he fell asleep in his car drunk, and I think someone mentioned the penalty from the forces was quite severe.

But we know he had already been sitting drinking in his car earlier in the night (a decision he made when relatively sober) so I doubt it would bother him once drunk.

I also don't buy him climbing into a bin to sleep, he'd just had a nap.

<modsnip> it looked like he was gonna go straight on but then glanced and turned right. Why? Either he saw a good wee spot, he wanted to nick a bike, someone was there, or curiosity led him through an open door.

I reckon maybe he just had a wee and crossed over towards Short B and something went wrong in that other bin area, <modsnip>. Have we worked out if The Snug is directly accessible from the back?

I've worked in a recycling / sorting plant , I.e. sorting plastic from paper cardboard etc , 99% sure i would have noticed a body , the team spent a lot of time looking for valuables as that was a serious perk.

That doesn't account for the waste not going into the plant and directly into landfill.

Oh I'm only referring to general waste that is not sorted at all. It seems this is unloaded from lorries then shunted into huge container lorries for transport to landfill.
Untouched by human hands.

Maybe you should have asked why did he put his phone into a clean paper bin and then climb into a dirty bin. We have been told the recycling process would have found a body and/or the bones.

That only works if he left in a bin lorry.

If it comes down to Corrie putting his phone in a recycling bin and then walking over to SB and jumping in a general waste bin, with the phone going to the recycling centre and Corrie going to landfill...

Or the recycling bin didn't go to a recycling centre for manual sorting and instead went to landfill...

Could that be the answer?

I have no end of problems with this answer, like surely they don't do a good enough job of cleaning the 'waste container' on the bin lorry to leave no forensic traces,or the 11kg and assurances Corrie was *not* in that bin lorry.

I can't see a perp bothering to pick up Corrie's phone and place it in the recycling bin after beating him up and dumping him in another bin...And all that would have to be done with none of those passer's-by noticing anything.

I kind of see the bin as assessing one's needs, assessing what's available in the environment, and figuring out that the bin would protect you from the chill night air and the wind, so hop in....Wouldn't that fit with a military mindset?

Several posters have noted that Suffolk County Council say they don't send waste to landfill and that they have an incinerator.

But the bin lorry we're talking about (primarily) was a private collection, not a council collection, so that wouldn't be counted in the Suffolk County Council figures.

But...it should be even more important for a commercial company to send all recyclables for sorting and baling, because that's their profits they're sticking in landfill, and landfill space is expensive, whereas recycling is money in their pocket.

But we know he had already been sitting drinking in his car earlier in the night (a decision he made when relatively sober) so I doubt it would bother him once drunk.

I also don't buy him climbing into a bin to sleep, he'd just had a nap.

<modsnip>, it looked like he was gonna go straight on but then glanced and turned right. Why? Either he saw a good wee spot, he wanted to nick a bike, someone was there, or curiosity led him through an open door.

I reckon maybe he just had a wee and crossed over towards Short B and something went wrong in that other bin area, <modsnip>. Have we worked out if The Snug is directly accessible from the back?
The Snug would have closed 2 hours earlier imo- I doubt they would want to put their license at risk on the first night open! It appears to be another rabbit warren behind it too!

There is no law against sitting in your car drinking alcohol per se, only of being in charge of a vehicle above the legal limit.

Been a while since I posted on here.

One of my earlier posts, (before it was released by the press) was the use of sex websites in possibly being the key to this disappearance.

Since then the whole Fab wingers website information came to light.

Now I'll be honest from past experience, that this website is very shady. You get a lot of fake accounts, fake verifications, and some unsavoury characters on there.

The site Fab swingers does give the thought of couples only. But it is vastly used by individuals looking for no strings fun.

I stick by the opinion. He went out, and had a few drinks, wanted a hook up, and went on Fab swingers and arranged a meet (possibly why he waited a couple of hours) and unfortunately with the risk as I've highlighted above as come to harm.

if I remember correctly, as it was discussed several threads ago, he could be technically drunk in charge of a vehicle if he fell asleep in his car drunk, and I think someone mentioned the penalty from the forces was quite severe.

Only if the key is in the ignition can you be charged.

You wont be charged if you lay in the back seat or even in the front.

Not a lawyer or LE, but I believe it isn't that simple :

http://www.drinkdrivinglaw.co.uk/off...ion_of_driving

What if I fell asleep in the car or I was sitting in the back?

It depends on the circumstances leading up to it. If somebody else had driven the vehicle, and has merely got out and left you in it, and you were not aware of this, you are not in charge. If, however, you had, by your own means got into the car you would have been in charge and remain in charge.

Although you would think that is the case as did I looking around it appears it's a bit of a grey area

http://drinkdrivingdefences.co.uk/drink-driving-offences/being-drunk-in-charge/

"Being Drunk in Charge of a Motor Vehicle

The offence of being Drunk in Charge is committed if:

“a person is in charge of any motor vehicle on a road or other public place after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in his breath, blood or urine exceeds the prescribed limit he is guilty of an offence”

Whether or not a person is in charge of a motor vehicle is or the facts of each individual case, the key question being whether the person is in control of the vehicle and whether in the circumstances there is a realistic possibility of him taking control of the vehicle. These cases will usually arise in circumstances where a motorist who is above the prescribed limit is found inside a car, but is not driving. The unwitting motorist can easily stumble into this situation, where they enter their car for the purpose of sleeping or with the intention of removing belongings."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I missed something? Were we looking for two different men on bikes (which some alluded to here I think) As I notice the original bike man pic (with sandbag the dog) has been removed from the FindCorrie website and Suffolk Police website.

Let's assume for a minute that Corrie WAS in a bin that ended up at landfill.

Time for a QP - thank the post if...

QUICK POLL

Corrie climbed into a bin of his own accord, to sleep / get warm etc

QUICK POLL

Corrie was put in a bin, dead or very injured, by another person/s

Although you would think that is the case as did I looking around it appears it's a bit of a grey area

http://drinkdrivingdefences.co.uk/drink-driving-offences/being-drunk-in-charge/

"Being Drunk in Charge of a Motor Vehicle

The offence of being Drunk in Charge is committed if:

&#8220;a person is in charge of any motor vehicle on a road or other public place after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in his breath, blood or urine exceeds the prescribed limit he is guilty of an offence&#8221;

Whether or not a person is in charge of a motor vehicle is or the facts of each individual case, the key question being whether the person is in control of the vehicle and whether in the circumstances there is a realistic possibility of him taking control of the vehicle. These cases will usually arise in circumstances where a motorist who is above the prescribed limit is found inside a car, but is not driving. The unwitting motorist can easily stumble into this situation, where they enter their car for the purpose of sleeping or with the intention of removing belongings."

It is also worth noting that it is up to the defendant to prove he wasn't going to drive, rather than the prosecution proving he did. A very grey area as it's tricky to prove.

Have I missed something? Were we looking for two different men on bikes (which some alluded to here I think) As I notice the original bike man pic (with sandbag the dog) has been removed from the FindCorrie website and Suffolk Police website.

He's been identified by some people on social media

It is also worth noting that it is up to the defendant to prove he wasn't going to drive, rather than the prosecution proving he did. A very grey area as it's tricky to prove.

Difficult to avoid if this had happened in C's situation since he owned the car (insured for it at any rate), had the keys in his possession, was inebriated, was parked in a restricted zone and 9 miles or so from his base. He would be in charge under those circumstances imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member