UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something? Were we looking for two different men on bikes (which some alluded to here I think) As I notice the original bike man pic (with sandbag the dog) has been removed from the FindCorrie website and Suffolk Police website.
I posted on here when the police removed the head on pic. Strange removing a head on shot and asking the public to identify him from the back of his head. He didn't need identifying.

The police have apparently tested a phone in the back of a bin lorry and it was inconclusive.

I believe a good enough signal would pass through the back of a bin lorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it really wouldn't - this isn't down to " a good enough signal" it's down to the laws of physics.

An electromagnetic signal cannot pass through metal if it is earthed, it's like saying if you had your micorwave on a high enough setting maybe it would cook you, in the kitchen.

Inconclusive means "we have neither proved nor disproved it" - although God knows why, but in the absence of the boy, at the last place he was seen, and his phone travelling the same route as the bin truck - for Gods sake - don't you have to start to look the obvious in the face and say - ......?

"A common misconception is that a Faraday cage provides full blockage or attenuation; this is not true. The reception or transmission of radio waves, a form of electromagnetic radiation, to or from an antenna within a Faraday cage is heavily attenuated or blocked by the cage."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

Also, as mentioned above, tests carried out by the police were said to be "inconclusive" as to whether a bin lorry (often with a partly open back and even if not, certainly not a "fully enclosed" metal box) would act as a Faraday cage or not.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense - I am an elecronics engineer - see this: [video=youtube;Zi4kXgDBFhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4kXgDBFhw[/video]

And the Police results cannot be "inconclusive" - either the signal can or cannot get out - it's like saying dropping an apple and seeing if it goes up or down in inconclusive - there is only 1 answer.

Difficult to avoid if this had happened in C's situation since he owned the car (insured for it at any rate), had the keys in his possession, was inebriated, was parked in a restricted zone and 9 miles or so from his base. He would be in charge under those circumstances imo.

So Corrie chose dirty bin because of that?! Rubbish!

Like said, he was already drinking in his car that night, so he wasn't afraid of that....but perhaps he was afraid of something else. It might be something to do with that running I suppose.

And why Corrie didn't take a taxi back to the base, was he out of money?

Although you would think that is the case as did I looking around it appears it's a bit of a grey area

http://drinkdrivingdefences.co.uk/drink-driving-offences/being-drunk-in-charge/

"Being Drunk in Charge of a Motor Vehicle

The offence of being Drunk in Charge is committed if:

“a person is in charge of any motor vehicle on a road or other public place after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in his breath, blood or urine exceeds the prescribed limit he is guilty of an offence”

Whether or not a person is in charge of a motor vehicle is or the facts of each individual case, the key question being whether the person is in control of the vehicle and whether in the circumstances there is a realistic possibility of him taking control of the vehicle. These cases will usually arise in circumstances where a motorist who is above the prescribed limit is found inside a car, but is not driving. The unwitting motorist can easily stumble into this situation, where they enter their car for the purpose of sleeping or with the intention of removing belongings."

Cheers for that :)

The idea that I could get charged for going into my car in the driveway or street to get something out after I have had a few beers in the house is crazy lol

I very much doubt a police officer would intervene unless they seen a danger of the individual driving off later on. Having spoken to a traffic officer about this some years ago I usually say what she said: "If the keys are not in the ignition your fine".

As was already mentioned however Corrie was drinking in his car before going to the bar.

The bin lorry isn't really a totally sealed metal box, the back of the lorry is wide open. As I have said before I have been inside containers with the door shut and the mobile signal worked on my phone. It might not have worked for someone else's however. The signal did weaken as I recall.

And the Police results cannot be "inconclusive" - either the signal can or cannot get out - it's like saying dropping an apple and seeing if it goes up or down in inconclusive - there is only 1 answer.
Would it not make a difference depending on how much garbage was put on top of the phone?

I was just on google earth looking at the bins in the hs area and noticed a car parked their similar to the black one in the cctv pics. Is it same type of car?

This one ? Mentions the areas of search.

https://www.facebook.com/sulsar/?fref=nf

<< SULSAR , Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue (CamSAR), Essex Search and Rescue - Essex Lowland Search and Rescue and Norfolk & Suffolk 4x4 Response. We will again be assisted by cadaver dogs from as far away as Yorkshire

Areas around #Mildenhall, #BartonMills will again be searched including farm land, woodland and heath-land.

On another note I would like to thank Colin Davey of Top the Lot gambling who has very generously donated £5000.00 to the team, and following a meeting with Colin has pledged to help and assist the team further with funding and assistance.>>RSBM

Sulsar has a Press Release on their website, can someone take it across?

Or this one

This Sunday sees the 3rd public search taking place with around 40 public volunteers joining members of SULSAR , Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue (CamSAR), Essex Search and Rescue - Essex Lowland Search and Rescue and Norfolk & Suffolk 4x4 Response. We will again be assisted by cadaver dogs from as far away as Yorkshire

Dottie , Jake and their team will again be their keeping the teams feed and watered with both hot and cold food all day , this is greatly appreciated by everyone , thank you so much.

Areas around #Mildenhall, #BartonMills will again be searched including farm land, woodland and heath-land.
Those of you who have been informed that you can attend the search please come prepared with the appropriate out door clothing, remember no jeans as they wick water so quickly.
Remember to bring gloves, broom handle type pole for thrashing undergrowth, waterproof clothing.
Once out with a team you need to have sufficient liquid and food to last you several hours.

Please do not attend if you are not feeling well on the day as this will take it out of you.

On another note I would like to thank Colin Davey of Top the Lot gambling who has very generously donated £5000.00 to the team, and following a meeting with Colin has pledged to help and assist the team further with funding and assistance.

Thank you Dottie and her fantastic team of ladies who not only go out in all weathers to feed people living on the streets , but also organised a charity function in Mildenhall Social Club last Saturday that raised an amazing £1293.28 for the SULSAR team. Thanks also to Billy John Cornish and code of conduct of the music and John and the social club for the venue.

Thanks to every one who attended, it was a really good night.
Our thanks continues to go to all the people still donating money to our donate page on our web page www.sulsar.org.uk and purchasing items off the amazon page.

All funds that we receive, every single penny goes towards the running of the team for equipment etc.

What we lack is new information in relation to Corrie, we still have no new information now than we did on the first night, so please help us out and give us something to go on, because someone knows what happened to Corrie and where he is. Please tell so we can return him to his family

Thank you all again

Andy King

Chairman
Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue

This one ? Mentions the areas of search.

https://www.facebook.com/sulsar/?fref=nf

<< SULSAR , Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue (CamSAR), Essex Search and Rescue - Essex Lowland Search and Rescue and Norfolk & Suffolk 4x4 Response. We will again be assisted by cadaver dogs from as far away as Yorkshire

On another note I would like to thank Colin Davey of Top the Lot gambling who has very generously donated £5000.00 to the team, and following a meeting with Colin has pledged to help and assist the team further with funding and assistance.>>RSBM

Not usually one for emojis but [emoji15]

Thanks Jessie.

No, it really wouldn't - this isn't down to " a good enough signal" it's down to the laws of physics.

An electromagnetic signal cannot pass through metal if it is earthed, it's like saying if you had your micorwave on a high enough setting maybe it would cook you, in the kitchen.

Inconclusive means "we have neither proved nor disproved it" - although God knows why, but in the absence of the boy, at the last place he was seen, and his phone travelling the same route as the bin truck - for Gods sake - don't you have to start to look the obvious in the face and say - ......?

So as a bin lorry is not earthed (rubber tyres ) it would not act as a Faraday cage. Is that what you are saying? Also, the police have known about the phone signal and the bin lorry for months now so actually it isn't obvious or they would surely have acted sooner and not wasted money on the helicopter, forensics and all the other searches. It seems they do not yet know how C got to landfill, if indeed he is found there.

Or this one

This Sunday sees the 3rd public search taking place with around 40 public volunteers joining members of SULSAR , Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue (CamSAR), Essex Search and Rescue - Essex Lowland Search and Rescue and Norfolk & Suffolk 4x4 Response. We will again be assisted by cadaver dogs from as far away as Yorkshire

Dottie , Jake and their team will again be their keeping the teams feed and watered with both hot and cold food all day , this is greatly appreciated by everyone , thank you so much.

Those of you who have been informed that you can attend the search please come prepared with the appropriate out door clothing, remember no jeans as they wick water so quickly.
Remember to bring gloves, broom handle type pole for thrashing undergrowth, waterproof clothing.
Once out with a team you need to have sufficient liquid and food to last you several hours.

Please do not attend if you are not feeling well on the day as this will take it out of you.

On another note I would like to thank Colin Davey of Top the Lot gambling who has very generously donated £5000.00 to the team, and following a meeting with Colin has pledged to help and assist the team further with funding and assistance.

Thank you Dottie and her fantastic team of ladies who not only go out in all weathers to feed people living on the streets , but also organised a charity function in Mildenhall Social Club last Saturday that raised an amazing £1293.28 for the SULSAR team. Thanks also to Billy John Cornish and code of conduct of the music and John and the social club for the venue.

Thanks to every one who attended, it was a really good night.
Our thanks continues to go to all the people still donating money to our donate page on our web page www.sulsar.org.uk and purchasing items off the amazon page.

All funds that we receive, every single penny goes towards the running of the team for equipment etc.

What we lack is new information in relation to Corrie, we still have no new information now than we did on the first night, so please help us out and give us something to go on, because someone knows what happened to Corrie and where he is. Please tell so we can return him to his family

Thank you all again

Andy King

Chairman
Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue

All seems good but.. we'll I can't say can I?! But I just will - I find it strange Top The Lot have donated £5000 but if that's all the money they made from using C's name for sign ups to the gambling site - maybe it's their way of saying sorry. God knows.

This case - I don't even know what to say these days. I hope the search goes well, I also hope the land fill search goes well. I hope they don't find him. What I'd actually like is the beautiful boy to be found playing his fave game somewhere and he's absolutely okay - but I am not sure that will ever happen. All options open now...

Let's assume for a minute that Corrie WAS in a bin that ended up at landfill.

Time for a QP - thank the post if...

If he is found in landfill, I don't necessarily think he got there in a bin so I will abstain, but thanks for doing the poll.

I believe his phone was found or stolen while he slept and was lobbed into the bin lorry by the arguing teens in SB. I think C has got an arranged lift (and come to harm or gone awol ) or has stayed in the Hs F12 accommodation (and come to harm or gone awol.) Alternatively he walked out evading cams and came to harm accidentally.

Therefore if he is found in landfill it will be by foul play not accidental, I believe, and not have got there by bin lorry from the H/s area. By that I mean disposed of in household waste/skip/other means. If he is not found in landfill at all, then accidental/foul play en route to base or voluntarily absent/missing.

JMHO of course.

As for the unclaimed reward money, I'm inclined to think that not many people know what happened, one or two at the most, the more people involved the more chance of one of them trying to grass the others up to claim the reward especially after all this time, IMO it looks very well planed to me, not a bit of evidence , IMO I would say that it was not a mugging, robbery or assault, jmo

As for the unclaimed reward money, I'm inclined to think that not many people know what happened, one or two at the most, the more people involved the more chance of one of them trying to grass the others up to claim the reward especially after all this time, IMO it looks very well planed to me, not a bit of evidence , IMO I would say that it was not a mugging, robbery or assault, jmo

Agreed that I think it's better planned than a simple "impulsive" mugging, though by my own personal headcount, I think it's maybe ten or twelve people who know what has happened. JMO and it sounds both unlikely and very disturbing that a ring of silence can encompass that many. But if they know that the people at the top of the chain can "make someone disappear", it may help explain the reticence to come forward with information.

First I've heard of this - when was that ruled out? Can you provide LE/MSM/FC website link for this please? Thanks.

I'll look for the article I seen some time ago.

However didn't the police say that they did not believe a third party to be involved? It was the mum that though there had been?

I might be mistaken but i'm sure 'terrorism' was ruled out, perhaps not abduction.

Terrorists tend to claim responsibility, post a video quickly, of course it could have been botched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman