UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the people convinced he didn't go and sleep in his car as he was just abiding by the law- then you have to also accept he wouldn't wee on the street and therefore he wasn't going to the HS to urinate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very good point Ruth. And also as drinking in his car didn't bother him either but his car was just a two seater and possibly he could be tempted to drive if he did that.

So what are the chances that he walked out of the HS without being seen? Less than zero?

What vehicles left the HS before 8am the following morning?

Possible that someone he met online doesn't want to come forward because they are married?
I have been looking at the early police reports ( they are on media thread at the beginning of this thread) and police said several times that it is not 100% impossible to walk out unseen and concentrated on that in the early weeks. I think the Greenwoods cam is pointed elsewhere at least 20% of the time and nothing yet has convinced me cctv exists from SB for that night. He also could have stayed at F12 and gone out the Thorntons exit IMOO.

Re your vehicles question there would be a lot more vehicles towards 8 a.m. as it was market day so I don't know if police have looked at that.

Last question is possible.

For all the people convinced he didn't go and sleep in his car as he was just abiding by the law- then you have to also accept he wouldn't wee on the street and therefore he wasn't going to the HS to urinate.

I must disagree. The former, on a very public highway, could easily attract a 12 month driving ban, which wouldn't be a good career move. The latter, given that Corrie sought out a secluded spot, would be punishable by a slap on the wrist from the judge, and a warning from his Sergeant not to get caught again. Very different.

I have been looking at the early police reports ( they are on media thread at the beginning of this thread) and police said several times that it is not 100% impossible to walk out unseen and concentrated on that in the early weeks. I think the Greenwoods cam is pointed elsewhere at least 20% of the time and nothing yet has convinced me cctv exists from SB for that night. He also could have stayed at F12 and gone out the Thorntons exit IMOO.

Re your vehicles question there would be a lot more vehicles towards 8 a.m. as it was market day so I don't know if police have looked at that..

I agree with all of that. I think there are endless possibilities for C to have exited the HS, especially via SB. If the camera at the back of the Cornhill Shopping Centre wasn't working or pointed at SB, then the whole area is just a sieve. Even in the best of circumstances, the most that camera is going to pick up is the side view of a car some 40 metres away.

As Nicola herself discovered, F12 seemed to be being used by all and sundry, without the manager's knowledge. <next part already removed to prevent modsnip>

Had C been given a lift out of SB even quite innocently, there are still reasons why the lift-giver may be unwilling to come forward (I was over the limit, it was a company vehicle and I'll get fired, Daddy will never give me the car keys again, my other half will go ballistic etc.).

All a bit mind-boggling, if you ask me.

Based on the recent search details for Sunday, Mildenhall and BM are the locality. I am wondering what logic or evidence this is based upon. Just the phone movements indicate this location, no sightings AFAIK.

A lot of people have said that the police botched this from the start, they say that about lots of investigations, however the police know (most of the time) what they are doing. From very early on its possible that the police knew they were dealing a death and have been trying to manoeuvre suspects or witnesses out into the open.

I must disagree. The former, on a very public highway, could easily attract a 12 month driving ban, which wouldn't be a good career move. The latter, given that Corrie sought out a secluded spot, would be punishable by a slap on the wrist from the judge, and a warning from his Sergeant not to get caught again. Very different.

But he was drinking in his car when sober earlier in the night and on the phone to his brother. If he wasn't bothered about getting caught then when it was busier, would he be bothered taking a nap later in the early hours?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/corrie-mckeague-missing-raf-airmans-9829207

by the sounds of it the police have told the family that they don't think that he is still alive, I suspect that the police must be working on some kind of lead for them to think that, IMO

I read it as the family accepting the inevitable rather than the police specifically telling them any details of the investigation. It's the obvious conclusion for C's dad IMO.

It appears that they haven't told N any details of what they've been doing or not doing during the investigation, I'd hope they treat both sides of the family the same.

The fact that the search is still going ahead this weekend suggests to me that N does not have any conclusive info that the landfill is the answer. If C had been in a bin what would they be looking for in the wooded areas?

JMO

But he was drinking in his car when sober earlier in the night and on the phone to his brother. If he wasn't bothered about getting caught then when it was busier, would he be bothered taking a nap later in the early hours?

I tend to agree, the not going back to the car IMO is nothing to do with whether it was illegal, I honestly don't think that thought would have even crossed his mind

JMO

I read it as the family accepting the inevitable rather than the police specifically telling them any details of the investigation. It's the obvious conclusion for C's dad IMO.

It appears that they haven't told N any details of what they've been doing or not doing during the investigation, I'd hope they treat both sides of the family the same.

The fact that the search is still going ahead this weekend suggests to me that N does not have any conclusive info that the landfill is the answer. If C had been in a bin what would they be looking for in the wooded areas?

JMO

Agree with all of the above!
I do think the landfill has to be searched, if I was in N's shoes I'd be thinking 'what if' forever more if it was covered over and never searched. I wouldn't care about the cost or public opinion if there was any chance of getting my boy back, inconclusive or otherwise.
There can't be any definitive evidence though, why carry on with the SULSAR search if there's a lead that C has a good chance of being in landfill... and why search the landfill when there must be a good reason to get the dogs and search teams out round the BM area? Repeating what you've said really Suzy, just can't get it straight in my logical thinking head unless I say it out loud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tend to agree, the not going back to the car IMO is nothing to do with whether it was illegal, I honestly don't think that thought would have even crossed his mind

JMO

I agree, so this leads me to think that he arranged to meet someone, a lover, a one night affair, or someone he planned to run off with.

He was still parked illegally and I doubt the RAF would be too pleased about him drinking in his car. Anyway, it's by the by, I'm not sure what it has to do with his disappearance?

It may have absolutely nothing to do with his disappearance, but we should stick to facts regardless.

I cannot find anything that says drinking alcohol in your vehicle whilst not being above the drink drive limit is illegal. Could you quote the relevant section please?

I don't believe it is illegal, as long as you don't have your keys in the ignition with the intention of starting the engine.

If you are sleeping in your own vehicle then you cannot be charged, that is what a traffic officer told me a few years ago.

There appears to be a number of grey areas on the matter but unless the police believe that you may drive off whilst drunk there is little they can do.

He clearly didn't want to go back to his car. Possibly because he was due to meet someone.

A lot of people have said that the police botched this from the start, they say that about lots of investigations, however the police know (most of the time) what they are doing. From very early on its possible that the police knew they were dealing a death and have been trying to manoeuvre suspects or witnesses out into the open.

If you read the police reports on the media thread you will see LE were concentrating on reports he often walked back to base, supported by the family themselves, so I don't think this was or is the case.

If you read the police reports on the media thread you will see LE were concentrating on reports he often walked back to base, supported by the family themselves, so I don't think this was or is the case.

So the police are looking at him walking back and getting into trouble or had an accident?

Could this then tie in with the suspicious car that three men tried to burn? Was he picked up on the way back? Kidnapped?

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member