UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the police update, my bolding

"The area of the landfill site where waste collected from Bury St Edmunds that morning was deposited has not had further items put onto it since police alerted the site, early in the investigation, to the possibility that this may need to be searched"

I have seen some suggestion that Corrie was in one of the other bins that was collected later in the week or that he was kept somewhere for some time before being hidden in the bin. This can't be true, the police are clearly saying that they are talking about the 4am (ish) collection or another one before 12 noon on the 24th September. If they are looking for a body IMO the most likely scenario is that he volutarily got into the cab and something happened to him afterwards and he was moved to the rubbish area at a later stage however I can't see how a perp would hope to get away with this when the body should have been immediately spotted during the sorting process.

I'd hoped that thinkng the search through would have helped me to come to a workable theory but, no, I'm still stumped.

Carry on brainstormng please, I need some more thoughts

The rear window is open. The object you see is obstructing the silver trim/pillar. Am I correct?

I disagree about the rear window but the image is so poor it is hard to tell. When I look at the original picture from Suffolk Police site I don't even see all of what I did in the image with the red box added!

There is so much macroblocking due to the low bit-rate and resolution nothing in the image can be determined to be honest.

attachment.php
corriemckeaguecctv2image8.jpg

I don't even know what it would mean if something was being passed between cyclist and someone in the back. Given the landfill search just announced I doubt there is any connection now with bike man/taxi?

I'm confused with what I see as I think the Police might have altered something in the back with a black pattern. As I see it just now it looks like a Pug or Boxer.

If they have altered it, then they have hidden the face of a person. Does that make sense? I'm talking about what I can see and not what I might think is there. This makes more sense than having a dog in a taxi in the middle of the night.

There is a black haired person hanging out the car directly behind the driver. I can see a change of colour in a dress/top to pink/purple/crimson. That colour would never be there.

There is another person in the rear. Their right arm runs along the window and they are resting their left hand on top of their right wrist to support their head. They are resting their head. It's slightly below the jack russell that everyone seems to see. In my software they seem to be wearing a greenish top.

I'm only writing what I see remember.

Thanks for explaining for me, I can understand why the police might blank out someone in the car to try and make people concentrate on just the cyclist if they are certain that person isn't involved in any way

If it is a dog, it has more of a rottweiler kind of look, to my eyes.

I know it's all very much perception based with such low-res images but I still don't think that's a head with black hair. To me, it looks like the cyclist is holding up the "pool ball in sock" (phone in sock to avoid fingerprints?) looking thing to the dog. It appears to be the same object that's in his left hand over the handlebar in the front-on image. Again JMO.

I disagree about the rear window but the image is so poor it is hard to tell. When I look at the original picture from Suffolk Police site I don't even see all of what I did in the image with the red box added!

There is so much macroblocking due to the low bit-rate and resolution nothing in the image can be determined to be honest.

attachment.php
corriemckeaguecctv2image8.jpg

I don't even know what it would mean if something was being passed between cyclist and someone in the back. Given the landfill search just announced I doubt there is any connection now with bike man/taxi?

BBM, I know I posted a while back that the most likely reason for someone to be cycling round at that time of the night would be that they deliver illegal drugs, I haven't read anything yet to make me discount that as my top theory

JMO

This car has his headlights full on doesn't he? So more like he has stopped very briefly than parked up?

This has become a 'suspected murder' enquiry I suppose now they are searching landfill.?

While there were ongoing searches in the countryside areas I I felt there was still a chance he had met with a fatal accident, but it has moved past that now it seems.

I really hope not - I was hoping he'd run away to a circus on an adventure

"The area of the landfill site where waste collected from Bury St Edmunds that morning was deposited has not had further items put onto it since police alerted the site, early in the investigation, to the possibility that this may need to be searched"

I have seen some suggestion that Corrie was in one of the other bins that was collected later in the week or that he was kept somewhere for some time before being hidden in the bin. This can't be true, the police are clearly saying that they are talking about the 4am (ish) collection or another one before 12 noon on the 24th September. If they are looking for a body IMO the most likely scenario is that he volutarily got into the cab and something happened to him afterwards and he was moved to the rubbish area at a later stage however I can't see how a perp would hope to get away with this when the body should have been immediately spotted during the sorting process.

I'd hoped that thinkng the search through would have helped me to come to a workable theory but, no, I'm still stumped.

Carry on brainstormng please, I need some more thoughts

My thoughts about this were along the lines of one of the general waste bins in the horseshoe taken for testing in December got a hit but Tony updated to say they were all clear but now I'm thinking about the search late last month after Nicola did the video showing the Cornhill cameras. Could the Police have taken the bins in the other horseshoe/car park and got a hit off one of them very recently? Maybe one of those bins were picked up sometime on Saturday?

It may be that the two words are used interchangeably but the use of the word "waste" suggests to me that it isn't the 4:20/4:24 recycling collection that is being referred to.

Is it possible for the landfill to be accessed by anyone, a car, or would there be a security guard and CCTV on the gate to ensure only authorised vehicles access?

I don't know about guards but there are gates which can be closed out of hours close to the entrance from the roundabout on the A10, so surrepticiously dumping a body would mean parking beside a main road and lugging the corpse along the roadway to one of the dumping areas, past a guard point that might or might not be manned overnight. Risky.

Why would you bother? There are thousands of acres of forest fairly nearby in which a body could disappear for decades, possibly forever, at far less risk to a killer or killers.

Is midsummer still a user? I'd love to see a map incorporating the phone mast radius including the Milton refuse site if he's done one?

Is it possible that the police have been waiting all this time for the forensics to come back on bins other than the one collected the night Corrie disappeared, and have just got confirmation of something in there?

Very good point - wouldn't surprise me

Is midsummer still a user? I'd love to see a map incorporating the phone mast radius including the Milton refuse site if he's done one?

<modsnip> Haven't seen them here since early this week. Hopefully they'll come back soon! However, the Milton site does not fit with the radius of the BM mast, suggesting that the phone did not go to landfill and also possibly suggesting that it isn't just the one bin collection that we're looking at here.

I'm assuming the police think that something happened to Corrie in the HS or SB area and he was perhaps put in a car. Maybe just as the people in the car were panicking with what to do with his body the bin lorry turned up. The car followed the bin lorry and disposed of Corrie in the back when it stopped in Barton Mills. Bin lorry went on later to the landfill site which has now been confirmed by police and the SIM card from his phone was thrown away in BM's somewhere hence why it didn't move from there again. That would explain why 2 vehicles are under suspicion. Maybe the unidentified person on the bike went back around 5am to check that they had left no evidence.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Interesting points!

It may be that the two words are used interchangeably but the use of the word "waste" suggests to me that it isn't the 4:20/4:24 recycling collection that is being referred to.

But yet the police update also states:

"It was known, and CCTV shows, that a waste lorry made a collection in the area a short time after the last confirmed sighting of Corrie and the lorry was seized in the early stages of the enquiry for forensic examination. This did not reveal any traces of him, however the waste collection has been one line of enquiry police have persisted with and kept under constant review."

This reads like a reference to the known 4.20ish recycling collection (timing wise) but is referred to as a waste collection.

I think recycling is still waste - it's just recyclable waste!

<modsnip> Haven't seen them here since early this week. Hopefully they'll come back soon! However, the Milton site does not fit with the radius of the BM mast, suggesting that the phone did not go to landfill and also possibly suggesting that it isn't just the one bin collection that we're looking at here.

Yeah that's what I thought. Would still be interesting to see the mast areas for the Milton site. I wonder if the police have deliberately not given all or correct info regarding the pings.

But this update in November referred to the recyclable waste going to a recycling centre for processing, then potentially getting destroyed or going to landfill after that. So what's to say the phone wasn't in the lorry, pinging at BM as previously discussed and was still being processed in BM when the battery died at 8am? After that time, it was taken to landfill but the phone was dead so wouldn't have pinged.

Sorry Mum.
Would you be up for tracing around the objects you can see in the image? I've nearly gone cross eyed looking for them!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I actually think this should have been searched first of all as it is the most logical place to start and not left for 5 months. I can't imagine what the family or friends are gong through. The whole thing is British and totally Fked up without common sence being used by anyone, excuse my french. I am friggin annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298