UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the temporary bin driver went to the landfill and not the recycle plant at all.

The phone pings continuing at Barton Mills until 8am appear to contradict this.

(ETA: the phone travelling in a car or by bike to Barton Mills is obviously a possibility, that had slipped my mind)

I imagine there would have to be at least one person manning the control room at any one time? More on weekends?

The CCTV control room is at the council office (West Suffolk House) about 1 mile/20 minute walk from the horseshoe.

Many thanks for the info. I would have thought cctv person would viewed all but hey ho perhaps i am wrong

(ETA: the phone travelling in a car or by bike to Barton Mills is obviously a possibility, that had slipped my mind)
Or thrown out the window at Barton mills

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Or thrown out the window at Barton mills

You mean you're saying the bin lorry driver may have pinched the phone?!

The driving route from Bury St Edmunds to Milton doesn't go via Barton Mills btw.

You mean you're saying the bin lorry driver may have pinched the phone?!

The driving route from Bury St Edmunds to Milton doesn't go via Barton Mills btw.

Didn't he do a pick up at Sainsbury's in Mildenhall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the body was spotted by the driver during the sorting process, he has panicked and put into the waste container that went onto the landfill.

Maybe but I'd say it would be too much for one person to move and very likely to be seen by someone else. Would the driver do the sorting?

I'm just wondering if perhaps, unknown to us atm, the CCTV has now been looked at later than the time previously given at the stop-point, or even some more previously overlooked CCTV has come to light? JMO why perhaps the waste is now being searched.

Didn't he do a pick up at Sainsbury's in Mildenhall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as we know, yes, but it would seem odd that the phone pings didn't also travel to Mildenhall if the phone was in the same lorry. All so confusing!

There's the possibility of the phone being thrown out of the window, as another user has pointed out, but that takes us from the phone ending up in the lorry via the bin to it being deliberately taken by the driver. That leads to the question of how he got the phone and, if he was involved in Corrie's disappearance, why he took the phone with him.

JMO but I don't think what we know tallies with the bin man being directly responsible for the disappearance of either Corrie or the phone. Others may well feel totally differently though, opinions being what they are and all that!

Yet wasn't it quite early on in the investigation when the police requested that that area of landfill not have any more rubbish emptied into it? So it seems the idea has been on the backburner for a while?

I don't understand why the waste is said to be at least 8m deep, if indeed they stopped using it early in the investigation. Been trying to find just WHEN the landfill was effectively closed. Were the police slow to take this step?
Anyone remember?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand why the waste is said to be at least 8m deep, if indeed they stopped using it early in the investigation. Been trying to find just WHEN the landfill was effectively closed. Were the police slow to take this step?
Anyone remember?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know the date but I've had a look at the capacity of a bin lorry and I estimate that every metre depth of the 920 sqm might be 40 full lorry loads, so 320 loads for the full 8m depth.

I have no idea how many lorries would empty per day - would it be 30 so approx 10 days worth or 15 and 20 days of further collections

Does anyone have any idea?

It's just common sense. The only bit of evidence the police have ever had is Corrie's phone pinged at Barton Mills within a minute and a half of the bin lorry getting there

so if that is correct then the police have no leads no evidence apart from the phone pinging at bm, so is this landfill search just a last ditch attempt to keep family and public happy!

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...keague-terrified-of-imminent-landfill-search/

Short ITV Anglia interview with Nicola regarding the Milton landfill search.

Have not read today's posts on here so don't know if we have clarified 100% which bin lorry is relevant to this search. There was confusion when I was on here last night, but it seemed to make sense that the bin lorry wasn't the one forensically checked, but a bin lorry that came later that morning.....

But based on that interview it seems that the search of the landfill is related to the original bin lorry that has been forensically checked......is that the thinking on here?

Have we ever been told the last ping was actually in Barton Mills or have we deduced that based on the fact we were told it pinged there. Will have a look at some reports!

Edit- Confirmed by family 8am at the BM mast.

Quote from TTWO:
"Is Nicola a bit confused here? She seems to believe the landfill is at/near BM not over 20 miles away in Milton? Saying that we're all confused right now."

There seems to be a lot of confusion all over the place. As a local I can place both Barton Mills and Milton. To my mind there has to be two different bin lorries - lorry A with the 11kg recycling (and possibly C's phone) trundling its merry way up the A1101 to recycling at BM, and Lorry B filled with waste from the other bins (either from HS or SB) going to landfill at Milton (assume along the A14).

Or am I the confused one here?

I don't know the date but I've had a look at the capacity of a bin lorry and I estimate that every metre depth of the 920 sqm might be 40 full lorry loads, so 320 loads for the full 8m depth.

I have no idea how many lorries would empty per day - would it be 30 so approx 10 days worth or 15 and 20 days of further collections

Does anyone have any idea?

Could it be that there was already 7m of rubbish, the load was tipped on top but in order to thoroughly search they need to go all the way down?

Have we ever been told the last ping was actually in Barton Mills or have we deduced that based on the fact we were told it pinged there. Will have a look at some reports!

I'm going to suggest that the bin lorry in question is the original one.

I am going to suggest that maybe the bin lorry did a lot of collections around Barton Mills.

I am going to suggest that it was a general waste bin and not a recyclables bin as said/suggested.

Corries phone apparently stopped pinging at 8am? - so maybe the lorry was still doing collections around Barton Mills at 8am? Seems a long time (4 hours) to be doing pick ups in one town though. Though the driver may have started work much earlier that night and had a 1 hour break at some point.

Then again I am not clear on how all this pinging works.....could the phone be well outside of Barton Mills and still ping on that mast?

Quote from TTWO:
"Is Nicola a bit confused here? She seems to believe the landfill is at/near BM not over 20 miles away in Milton? Saying that we're all confused right now."

There seems to be a lot of confusion all over the place. As a local I can place both Barton Mills and Milton. To my mind there has to be two different bin lorries - lorry A with the 11kg recycling (and possibly C's phone) trundling its merry way up the A1101 to BM, and Lorry B filled with waste from the other bins (either from HS or SB) going to Milton (assume along the A14).

I'm thinking the same as you!

Is Nicola a bit confused here? She seems to believe the landfill is at/near BM not over 20 miles away in Milton? Saying that we're all confused right now.

There seems to be a lot of confusion all over the place. As a local I can place both Barton Mills and Milton. To my mind there has to be two different bin lorries - lorry A with the 11kg recycling (and possibly C's phone) trundling its merry way up the A1101 to BM, and Lorry B filled with waste from the other bins (either from HS or SB) going to Milton (assume along the A14).

That's my theory. Something happened to Corrie within minutes of the Greenwoods camera turning away (mugging of his phone/wallet that went too far?) and he was placed into one of the general waste bins in the other HS. Phone being old/not iPhone/tatty case/locked it was dumped into the HS recycling bin as the perp(s) walked away? This other bin was then collected sometime that morning. These bins may have been taken for testing late last month during the 'other HS buildings' search and only in recent days got back results?

If it is only the HS bin lorry and the Police have known all along it went to Milton landfill then the questioning about not searching it is quite right given they have spent +£300k. I have no idea how much this search will cost but would think way below £300k. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro