UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Bin scenario was simple - All waste went to a transfer center. The transfer center is where they sort Cardboard, Glass , General waste etc - General waste ends up separately at the Landfill via another lorry which goes to Milton.

So the question would be having been told in detail how the sifting and searching goes on at the transfer center. Why do they now think Corrie may be in the land fill? There are only two conclusions

1. He was missed at the transfer station and all their sifting and searching and ended up being taken to Milton (Via a different general waste lorry)
2. He was taken to the Landfill site independently of any sifting or Bin Lorries

http://www.fccenvironment.co.uk/milton.html

Just my Humble Opinion and I really hope this hasn't happened.

KR
Reacher

@Cagney

No your not. It is a belt and braces approach by the police.
They are looking for a body. They may find a phone. They must ***** or get off the pot regarding the held landfill.

Ok. Remember D and M q and a they said that all of the buildings in hs and surrounding area had been searched all except one. Which i believe was being carried out within the week of this live update. Did we ever hear the results bk from that building i dont think we did? Did they find something in that building which connected to a bin nearby. Hence the landfill search.

This is what I'm thinking too. Maybe not a forensic / DNA hit as such, but a potential cadaver alert by one of the dogs. It was weeks before those bins got tested and there will have been loads of rubbish through them in that time, but a cadaver dog should still pick up the scent of human death regardless.

FFS seems to me like it was NEVER the horseshoe, NEVER the Biffa lorry, and NEVER Barton Mills. If only someone had thought to concentrate all this effort at the other bin area round the corner.

Anyone fancy a group tantrum?
:tantrum:

Where are all those who said it was impossible to leave the horseshoe on foot but then agreed and proceeded to search all routes to Hon and BM then? This is just another avenue. Those of us who still think awol are looked on as nutters. I remember when being in the bin was looked at like that. All that can be done is elimination of possibles etc.

Also seen as it was close to bin day. Surely If C was put in a bin he would be near the top?? Surely then someone would have seen him. I cant get my head around him getting in a bin voluntarily recycling one maybe, but not general waste. Loving the frustrating emojis it really sum up how this whole thing makes me feel like

With this still being a missing person inquiry (with all the funding and investigatory limitations this brings), there's no crime to actually arrest anybody for as yet.

JMO but I think a criminal investigation should be announced ASAP to enable the police to start questioning under caution (though I guess the finding of a body in this search might be what they're banking on before announcing a formal criminal investigation)

Where are all those who said it was impossible to leave the horseshoe on foot but then agreed and proceeded to search all routes to Hon and BM then? This is just another avenue. Those of us who still think awol are looked on as nutters. I remember when being in the bin was looked at like that. All that can be done is elimination of possibles etc.

Actually I think AWOL is still a possibility but just moving down my list of possibilities, suffice to say not dismissed totally.

R

Also seen as it was close to bin day. Surely If C was put in a bin he would be near the top?? Surely then someone would have seen him.

Some businesses such as McDonalds and possibly Greggs get their waste taken away every day or every couple of days rather than once a week. It's council collections that are weekly, whereas Biffa and other commercial waste operators will collect as often as you pay them to!

Maybe they're THAT sure that he will be in the landfill that's why they closing the 50k, if they're almost certain they'll find him why would they give 50k away

The fact his family is going to visit to site scares me, surely that means he's there? The next 10 weeks are going be hell waiting for news

You mean you feel it was unhelpful to mention the "3 local men" as in he shouldn't have made such comments publicly? I think it's certainly helpful to armchair sleuths but if you meant in terms of giving those people a heads up that they're possibly in the frame, then I think I can understand what you mean, even if I'm not necessarily in full agreement.

ETA: There only has to be motive for a punch/beating/"teaching a lesson", not necessarily any intent to kill.

Even something as simple as this case on BBC News today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38961189

Lurker here so apologies if I break the rules. The whole case is interesting but one particular recent detail stands out

"On-site preparatory work is already underway and the full scale search likely to commence around Wednesday 22 February once this initial work has been completed" https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

Why wait until the 22nd February to search the landfill from date of announcement? Yes there's 'preparatory work' that needs to be done but it still seems a very long time. Is it a possibility that police have received information on a body location but no perp details? Could they be delaying to see if a movement attempt is mounted by guilty party/s?
This is my very first post here so apologies if I do it wrong! I think you are right, it seems to be to police are trying to "flush" someone out.
Such a confusing and intricate case. I just hope answers are found very soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would like to know why the CCTV operators didn't check on Corrie. Blimey young man asleep in a doorway having appearing to have followed him quite well until he disappeared. Why would you ignore this? The list is endless of odd and strange things in this case.

Albeit the sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2611576/raf-airman-corrie-mckeague-mystery-seven-clues/

The council’s CCTV monitoring unit, manned on Friday and Saturday nights, should have sent wardens to check on Corrie at this point. However no checks were made.

Question is Why weren't checks made?

KR
Reacher

Ok. Remember D and M q and a they said that all of the buildings in hs and surrounding area had been searched all except one. Which i believe was being carried out within the week of this live update. Did we ever hear the results bk from that building i dont think we did? Did they find something in that building which connected to a bin nearby. Hence the landfill search.

Was Focus 12 residential accommodation forensically searched internally?

With this still being a missing person inquiry (with all the funding and investigatory limitations this brings), there's no crime to actually arrest anybody for as yet.

JMO but I think a criminal investigation should be announced ASAP to enable the police to start questioning under caution (though I guess the finding of a body in this search might be what they're banking on before announcing a formal criminal investigation)

Don't hold your breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this case is very unusual. If this case were in the USA we would probably have very little if any cctv video. Certainly not good quality. We might catch a glimpse of someone if they walk near an atm, or perhaps inside stores. So if there was no cctv to show C moving around town, we would only have the cell phone data. We probably would not be able to associate it with the HS or the lorry...

I think if there is a police weakness, and i say if, it might be they have made some assumptions and will not give them up. Such as he could not leave the HS on foot unobserved by cctv. and that the bin weight was correct. There might be others. In cases where a crime or mysterious disappearance is not solved in a timely manner, and years later some cold case detective reopens it, the solution is often right there in the files. some name, some tip, some circumstance noted by the original investigators but not followed up. I am not saying it happened here...but the landfill search sounds like one of those leads that almost got filed away because they were convinced it was not likely. I still think he is in a field though, dead of an accident, north of BSE more east than west. Some farmer or hiker will probably find him in the late spring or early summer sadly.

Assume he couldn't leave the HS on foot, and the bin weight was correct, his phone was tracked following the route of the bin truck, but in a metal container wouldn't be able to transmit out.

What possibilities does that leave?

We know he isn't still in the HS, we know his phone followed the route of the bin truck, we know it can't have transmitted from inside a metal bin truck waste pod (or would if the Police had bothered to check it), so what does that leave?

He left the HS at the same time as the bin truck, his phone pinged so can't have been in the back of the bin truck, so it must have been in the front of or the exterior of the metal bin truck pod, so ....?

If his phone had been on the outside of teh bin truck then it would have either been found by the Police in situ, or would have fallen off and presumably been found on the raod, so...?

So, who and where should the Police be looking at?

Henty, the mild mannered janitor.

The tip, that needs £milions spending digging it up?

Or Mr XX, the bin truck driver who is the only common factor between the HS, the route, and presumably the only possible way CM could have left the area?

Assume he couldn't leave the HS on foot, and the bin weight was correct, his phone was tracked following the route of the bin truck, but in a metal container wouldn't be able to transmit out.

We know he isn't still in the HS, we know his phone followed the route of the bin truck, we know it can't have transmitted from inside a metal bin truck waste pod (or would if the Police had bothered to check it), so what does that leave?

He left the HS at the same time as the bin truck, his phone pinged so can't have been in the back of the bin truck, so it must have been in the front of or the exterior of the metal bin truck pod, so ....?

If his phone had been on the outside of teh bin truck then it would have either been found by the Police in situ, or would have fallen off and presumably been found on the raod, so...?

Or Mr XX, the bin truck driver who is the only common factor between the HS, the route, and presumably the only possible way CM could have left the area?

I don't know if the metal would block a signal. Perhaps they should toss a similar phone in the truck and track it. I think they said C phone was updating apps, and that is why it was pinging. Maybe they have already tested this. I think he walked out of the HS in the direction he was headed. If that is not correct, I think he was in a bin. If that is not true, I have no idea where he is.

We do know he is no longer in the HS. We know his phone went to BM. We know where he isn't. That's about it.

I don't think the metal would block a signal totally. I have been in containers and the signal was only slightly affected.

Personally someone with knowledge of access to the Milton tip. I wouldn't say a Lorry Driver knowingly took him there if that is where he is.. But that is my own personal opinion..

KR
R

I don't know if the metal would block a signal. Perhaps they should toss a similar phone in the truck and track it. I think they said C phone was updating apps, and that is why it was pinging. Maybe they have already tested this. I think he walked out of the HS in the direction he was headed. If that is not correct, I think he was in a bin. If that is not true, I have no idea where he is.

We do know he is no longer in the HS. We know his phone went to BM. We know where he isn't. That's about it.

The police have apparently tested a phone in the back of a bin lorry and it was inconclusive.

I believe a good enough signal would pass through the back of a bin lorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel it is finally time to post, having read every post from the beginning .... As my profile says, my background is 25 years in Science, analytical, problem solving ... systems .. procedures .... and the rule i lived by ... Assumption is the Mother of all F&&&Ups ..and believe you me, many an assumption by someone was the root of a problem...,, so as boring as it may seem, emotion and belief do not come into my thought process.

I will add that as a member of the public, I hope that Corrie is still alive, hope that he may have just run away from the life he had ...... but for now I will keep to the facts (as I have seen them). One comment i would add is the continual reference to the Horseshoe being a culdesac, a one way in, one way out location. So a detailed study of the Street View/Google Maps has shown that the Horseshoe is Not a 'owiowo' culdesac, but the bin area off of the Horseshoe is. There are actually multiple ways out of the Horseshoe itself.

Facts :
Corrie entered the Horseshoe - picked up on camera FACT
Corrie was not picked up on camera leaving the Horseshoe. FACT
Corrie's phone was tracked beyond the Horseshoe for over 4 hours after his last confirmed sighting. FACT
For Corrie not to be in the Horseshoe now, he must have left the HS. FACT
Corrie left the HS on foot OR in a vehicle OR carried. FACT

So what do those facts tell us :
The only real facts we have are that i) we know when he entered the HS voluntarily
ii) his phone left the HS
iii) Corrie was not picked up on camera leaving the HS

So what don't we know :
We don't know if the phone left the HS with Corrie
We do not know if he is missing voluntarily or involuntarily
We do not know how he left the HS
If he left the HS by vehicle it has to be one of the vehicles that left the HS .. FACT (when the vehicle left the
HS with Corrie is not known FACT)
If he left the HS on foot there are two options : he left the HS in the small window of opportunity that
exists to avoid the cameras, or 2) he left the HS at a later time having hidden away. Note : this would be after
the last time the police viewed on the cameras.
If he was carried away this would have to be done in the small window of opportunity as per above, or
conceiled and carried away at a later time.

As 'unhelpful' in solving this case as all this is, it does lay out the facts. The cyclist, old man, dog, door men and so on, may all have their places in this, but they would all be guesses and guessing is something i have never done.
Perhaps the police have made assumptions (should NEVER ever make assumptions), have excluded various people, have excluded scenarios, have assumed that the 1 or 2% chance of leaving the HS without being seen makes it impossible (wrong assumption) ... but reality is Corrie is Missing ... Is that voluntary or not, we do not know.

The reality is, a young man on a night out disappeared ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reconman