UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Truth and Northern for the info on the BBC interview.

I do think it's odd that there would be no sign of Corrie if he was in a bin for 2 days. I even find it odd that someone would beat him up, the phone would fall out of his pocket and they'd bother to pick it up and place it neatly in a bin -- neat freak attacker?

Maybe one of the later potential witnesses they needed identifying did say they heard something from the horseshoe that might have been a fight or altercation...maybe the sounds had earlier been attributed to the three teens who were hanging around?

I don't entirely blame the police for leaving the landfill 'for last' on the list. If they'd gone and spent 10 weeks on a landfill and then Corrie was found at the side of a road, they'd have been blasted for that. It's understandable that everyone wants answers asap, but I think it makes sense to do investigations and searches, and look for possible witnesses before a massive landfill search.

8000 tons of rubbish to be moved before they can even start searching, according to the latest Suffolk Constabulary release!

I do think it's odd that there would be no sign of Corrie if he was in a bin for 2 days. I even find it odd that someone would beat him up, the phone would fall out of his pocket and they'd bother to pick it up and place it neatly in a bin -- neat freak attacker?

Maybe one of the later potential witnesses they needed identifying did say they heard something from the horseshoe that might have been a fight or altercation...maybe the sounds had earlier been attributed to the three teens who were hanging around?

I don't entirely blame the police for leaving the landfill 'for last' on the list. If they'd gone and spent 10 weeks on a landfill and then Corrie was found at the side of a road, they'd have been blasted for that. It's understandable that everyone wants answers asap, but I think it makes sense to do investigations and searches, and look for possible witnesses before a massive landfill search.

8000 tons of rubbish to be moved before they can even start searching, according to the latest Suffolk Constabulary release!
Oh my that's a lot of rubbish! I can't see them getting permission, for the landfill search, without doing everything else first as per your post.

I find it hard to believe that he could have been in a bin in the HS at all or for 2 days.
I don't think C was in the HS for very long at all. Dogs picked up nothing as far I'm aware, that tells me he wasn't there very long. The bins were tested and came back inconclusive, if he had been in the bin then there would surely be some trace of him, and especially if he had been in there for 2 days.

There is the theory he went into the HS to urinate, but after a quick search I came up with a lot of information suggesting that cadaver dogs can even be trained and some are to detect urine as well as all the other human scents. I don't know enough to speculate further myself but putting it out there for others to think about?

It's a longshot, but this is what I'm thinking: Corrie spent 2 hrs sleeping in the street, he is wearing a shirt and the avg temperature for that night was fairly low (http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/barton-mills/ip28-6/month/330888?monyr=9/01/2016), so he starts freezing. He is also drunk, so at first he does not quite feel it. But when he awakes, he is in a mixed state of drunkness and moderate hypothermia. He is not thinking straight, so he decides to take a nap inside a bin. He also might lost track of time.He crosses the street, takes out his cellphone, opens the first bin and uses the screen light to check the insides to see if is somewhat clean, it is full of recyclabe garbage, and while looking his cellphone slips off his hand. He, in his current state, realises is not worth looking for it, and a) takes a nap in a different bin b) keeps walking and by luck is not catched by any cctv footage c) climbs a wall or gets inside a building in desperation.

After taking a while to catch up here and in MSM, and picking up on some of the things mentioned, as well as what we have been told before, I have two possible scenarios in my head. The following are JMOs

1. C's drink/s could have been spiked, which could explain in part why he passed out/slept in the doorway and why he appears more than just a bit wobbly in the first video. It could also explain it in the second video after his sleep, given the interval of time. Now think of the possibilities we came up with for the cyclist, i.e. possible job and the possible reasons for him being where he was and riding around. Add into that, that there was a chance C was in the back of the car. Now think of today's news in that the police have identified and traced the cyclist. It sounds very much as though they already knew him, but were waiting for someone to recognise him and say so, in order that their suspicions were confirmed. The phone and/or C could have been in the car. I wonder where the car went.....well, I don't wonder, I could make an educated guess. (The first part of this could be what UT meant in an incident having taken place in one of the venues more recently that although not connected to C, it is a possibility) So what if he was drugged and that led to his demise?

2. If all was fine and totally normal for C, as we've been told it was, then off he goes with a lift to have a bit of fun, either at a local party for a while until something goes wrong, or perhaps directly to BM? If something happened at a party, C could have been put in household rubbish and ended up at the landfill, or elsewhere.
The possibilities with the phone in this one being as we were told it went off the mast at 8.00am (such a precise time surely must coincide with something) are: it stayed with him in this place; it was somehow in a bin lorry, maybe picked up in a bin either at BSE or at BM and the reason for it going off the BM mast was that it then went out of the mast range and into another towards the landfill.

3. As in no. 2 for the first part and friends have helped him go awol, disposing of the phone in a bin or just throwing it anywhere.

We've been told several times that Suffolk County Council sends rubbish for incineration, not to landfill. So I'm thinking that any rubbish that ended up at Milton in Cambridgeshire would likely be a private collection of a bin like the ones in the horseshoe.

If you get on G maps, you can see that there are a couple of potential routes that could even take the same bin lorry to Milton on that same collection.

It goes from BSE to BM, then up to Mundford, Swaffham, Kings Lynn, then down again via Downham Market, Littleport, Ely, and then to Milton. (or a slight variation on that, such as crossing to Ely earlier without going to Kings Lynn)

Might any of these places have a transfer station where lorries are unloaded and then loads go onto a larger artic for transport either for sorting or landfill? Or it could be one round trip where the actual bin lorry unloads at Milton and then the driver goes back to home base?

It does seem to make slightly more sense if the original bin lorry was recycling and that took the phone and weighed 11kg, and then a second bin from the larger horseshoe area contained Corrie. But that would probably lead me to think that there was some kind of fight and that another person(s) was involved?

If there was a fight that involved something like broken bones, then that will show on autopsy 'when' they find Corrie.

We're all on tenterhooks with Corrie's mum, dad, brothers, girlfriend, and all his family, waiting for answers.

Yes as TaskForce88 said, it is not a question of whether they do or don't have the phone data. 100% they do. It is very easy to obtain, very easy to understand and very detailed. They will know whether he made calls, messages or internet access.
There was a photo message sent; if you look back they didn't ask for info on who received it, they knew he sent it and to who. What didn't tie in was that the CCTV evidence didn't show him using his phone at the time it was sent. The police have assumed that the picture was sent once a decent signal was available, which is how phones work.
I have just re-read my supposed contradictory statement and yepp, bad English, i used two negatives in one statement.
It meant that all phone data is stored by the network provider and easily accessed by the police.
It does raise the question of whether he did have his phone in the Hughes doorway ... it does raise the question of maybe it wasn't him that sent the photo (strangely it was one of a previous night out) .. but prefer to stick to the facts .. and the facts are
The police know all his phone/internet useage ...

The pic message was sent earlier , apparently waiting to be sent once the phone got a signal or wi-fi connectivity.

Now then, the police will know where the phone was when the message was sent I.e the mast or wi-fi near Hughes or indeed else where , if it's else where then C didn't have his phone at the time hence the reason why they can't see him using it

The pic message was sent earlier , apparently waiting to be sent once the phone got a signal or wi-fi connectivity.

Now then, the police will know where the phone was when the message was sent I.e the mast or wi-fi near Hughes or indeed else where , if it's else where then C didn't have his phone at the time hence the reason why they can't see him using it

This all very confusing so forgive me if I am......but!

Would it not make more sense that Corrie did indeed send the message earlier but it was April that had her phone off and then when she switched it on then received the message at 03:08 UK time? So Corrie could still have had the phone on him all the while he was in the Hughes doorway?

My explanation for this would be that April being in America she would want to limit the amount spent on roaming charges?

There have not been many comments regarding the point made today that the phone may have been in use while on it's way to BM. I wondered what theories people have regarding this which is hardly likely to have been C using his phone whilst in a bin or bin lorry? Myself, I could only see that fitting an awol scenario unless a perp used C's phone, which would be pretty stupid, or it being a tindr or fab swingers situation which was consensual initially but ended badly. What do others think about this apparent new possibility? (Theories JMOO)

If he is found in landfill then based on my opinion that I believe he looks like he is meeting somebody in the horseshoe I would have to say I believe foul play was involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What all Corries actions tend to suggest to me personal opinion

He is waiting for a lift home or he was hanging around with the purpose of meeting someone who didn't finish work or wasn't available until pub/club kicking out time. Therefore the arrangement was known about prior to kicking out time as Corrie was reportedly not seen using his phone in the Hughes doorway.

Just thinking- I promised myself I wasn't going to post on this but I couldn't help it.

R

Oh and with reference to the text/photo being received by the recipient at 03:08 hours if it was sent from the UK to the USA. It would have been sent 22:08 UK Time I think Corrie would have been in parked car at 22:08 uk time and the message received 03:08 in USA time. I have used NY and the time will differ depending on what state the possible recipient was in.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

KR
R

Oh and with reference to the text/photo being received by the recipient at 03:08 hours if it was sent from the UK to the USA. It would have been sent 22:08 UK Time received 03:08 in USA time. I have used NY and the time will differ depending on what state the recipient was in.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

KR
R

No I think it was explained that the 03:08 time was UK time which worked out to 19:08 PST?

No I think it was explained that the 03:08 time was UK time which worked out to 19:08 PST?

Was it explained if the recipient received it at 03:08 hours their time where ever they may be in the world or that Corrie sent it at 03:08hrs which I believe is questionable as he wasn't reportedly seen as using his phone in Hughes

Was it explained if the recipient received it at 03:08 hours their time where ever they may be in the world or that Corrie sent it at 03:08hrs which I believe is questionable as he wasn't reportedly seen as using his phone in Hughes
I thought that maybe it was A who had no signal or wifi.

It was said that April received it at 03:08 UK time IIRC.

It's a longshot, but this is what I'm thinking: Corrie spent 2 hrs sleeping in the street, he is wearing a shirt and the avg temperature for that night was fairly low (http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/barton-mills/ip28-6/month/330888?monyr=9/01/2016), so he starts freezing. He is also drunk, so at first he does not quite feel it. But when he awakes, he is in a mixed state of drunkness and moderate hypothermia. He is not thinking straight, so he decides to take a nap inside a bin. He also might lost track of time.He crosses the street, takes out his cellphone, opens the first bin and uses the screen light to check the insides to see if is somewhat clean, it is full of recyclabe garbage, and while looking his cellphone slips off his hand. He, in his current state, realises is not worth looking for it, and a) takes a nap in a different bin b) keeps walking and by luck is not catched by any cctv footage c) climbs a wall or gets inside a building in desperation.

I find this very believable. Very well put.

What all Corries actions tend to suggest to me personal opinion
He is waiting for a lift home or he was hanging around with the purpose of meeting someone who didn't finish work or wasn't available until pub/club kicking out time. Therefore the arrangement was known about prior to kicking out time as Corrie was reportedly not seen using his phone in the Hughes doorway.
This fits perfectly with the time we last see him as if he was waiting for someone to finish work in a bar for example, there would be a clearing up time once the bar is closed. He may have been looking around for the person to arrive at HS or SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3