UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, my background is in electronics and actually in measurements of tiny signals where calibration is essential, and I actually spoke to CM's mum and told her, and told her, and told her all of the reasons why the recorded bin weight should NOT be taken as gospel, and that it was probably wrong and I did that weeks and weeks ago.

When combined with what was known - it was clear that he HAD to have left in the bin truck

The over-riding message from the overall investigation was - "the machine says X so it must be X".

Looks like it wasn't X after all, and sadly the whole thing has been drawn on for ages longer than it had to be to the detriment of the family.

Very sad, but instead of focusing on the "mystery" they should have focused on the obvious FACTS - they'd have come to the solution much earlier.

If anyone wants a list of the possible reasons the weight recorded by the machine shouldn't have been trusted for future reference / investigations, I'll post a brief summarised checklist that you can use.

Spot on, we live in a world where we take a reading from a screen and move on.

The police have made a monumental **** up

Would I be right in saying that all refuse vehicles have to go over a weighbridge at a WTS?
I do know that businesses who are disposing of waste have to go on one & are charged according to how heavy their load is.

Would I be right in saying that all refuse vehicles have to go over a weighbridge at a WTS?
I do know that businesses who are disposing of waste have to go on one & are charged according to how heavy their load is.

You'd imagine so, so that the LF site can charge the appropriate amount - that is why I STILL think there is more to this than meets the eye.

Let's hope it meets the eyes of the Police - they appear to be blind to even the obvious facts.

Listen, my background is in electronics and actually in measurements of tiny signals where calibration is essential, and I actually spoke to CM's mum and told her, and told her, and told her all of the reasons why the recorded bin weight should NOT be taken as gospel, and that it was probably wrong and I did that weeks and weeks ago.

When combined with what was known - it was clear that he HAD to have left in the bin truck

The over-riding message from the overall investigation was - "the machine says X so it must be X".

Looks like it wasn't X after all, and sadly the whole thing has been drawn on for ages longer than it had to be to the detriment of the family.

Very sad, but instead of focusing on the "mystery" they should have focused on the obvious FACTS - they'd have come to the solution much earlier.

If anyone wants a list of the possible reasons the weight recorded by the machine shouldn't have been trusted for future reference / investigations, I'll post a brief summarised checklist that you can use.

I would think that would be helpful Dave. Any thoughts why forensics gave up no trace of C in the lorry? Or why he was not found at other stages?

Totally agree Hex. How do they know C is in LF anyway? He could have ended up in cardboard/paper bales for export and/or incineration like the poor guy in NZ that was linked earlier today.

It wouldn't surprise me at all Shires if C isn't there! This whole case has been a total shambles from the start :(

Personally I would be really interested as we were told the weighing machine was checked and callibrated

maybe forensics checked the wrong lorry.....if they got the weights wrong, then they may have got more wrong...

After what we've heard today can we be confident that the CORRECT bin was forensically tested.
Call me a pessimist but I'm beginning to have my doubts now.

"Police have been carrying out extensive work to check and re-check data provided to officers. As a result of this comprehensive checking process and analysis it was discovered that the initial weight of the waste pick-up supplied to the investigation was incorrect and that it was far higher than originally thought"

Well, well, well...
I'm thinking that this may be the inconclusive tests carried out on the bin lorry an it wasn't the phone they were testing and the police have been working on the bin weight for quite some time , IMO

where does his phone fit in with this? it would still ping?

I'm not sure the machine/scales were wrong here? Biffa admin/accounts were asked to provide weight details which they wouldn't normally do (charge per collection rather than weight) and miscalculated/misinterpreted the data somehow? Otherwise the over 100KG could also be wrong.

I agree all this should have been figured out a lot sooner, though.

Cags, please can we have poll results as they were before this news ? Then we do another poll did you say?

It would only ping whilst the battery was still charged. He had made a long call to his Brother the previous night plus I think it was an old phone so probably died during the early hours of the morning.

It would only ping whilst the battery was still charged. He had made a long call to his Brother the previous night plus I think it was an old phone so probably died during the early hours of the morning.

Was 8am not the last ping?

Regardless of bin weight, how did the contents of a recyclables bin end up in landfill?

Are we certain it was a recycle bin?

This landfill search seems to suggest he was in a general waste bin and the police seem to have known that for some time.

The landfill search did not happen just with the news of the possibility of a wrong bin weight as of today. Preparation have been going for a while now.

Police are not telling us everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member