UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the very beginning I had doubts about correct lorry and weight of bin but as the family were adamant the facts presented about such things were correct I eventually moved to AWOL - gone off to join a circus, to have an adventure. I wish that were true. Thank goodness whoever needed to spoke up - albeit 5 months too late.

I suppose this now poses questions such as a) did the driver follow correct procedure at that time of morning and physically lift the lid and check inside before tipping b) did C get in the bin voluntarily to sleep c) did someone put him in the bin d) did forensics show no signs of C having been in the bin
Also dont forget the weighing equipment was checked and calibrated correctly. Still lots of questions. R

I still want to know how a body was missed though? Was the driver blind?

From the very beginning I had doubts about correct lorry and weight of bin but as the family were adamant the facts presented about such things were correct I eventually moved to AWOL - gone off to join a circus, to have an adventure. I wish that were true. Thank goodness whoever needed to spoke up - albeit 5 months too late.

I have thought from the start he was in the bin, I was never convinced about the weight. Who told the Police that the bin weighed only 11kgs? Before they did not allow anymore waste to be deposited at part of the landfill they must have had enough suspicion months ago about the weight. Surely the claim that it only weighed 11kgs should have been checked out long before now. They categorically said they were satisfied he couldn't have been in the bin. I wonder if the shop was supposed to lock the bin and didn't bother. Injuries and fatalities of this nature could be so easily avoided if the retailer was compelled to lock it at the end of the day. Drivers could have a 'one for all' key to ensure tragedies like these don't happen. How sad is it that he has possibly been tipped and crushed to death, all these months have passed. Was he dead before being tipped in the lorry and put in the bin or was he simply having a sleep not thinking for a minute that the lorry would be there so early. I watched the CCTV again and it does look like the bin caught his eye prompting him to decide to turn right instead of carrying on. How sad is that the Police have constantly asked for people to identify witnesses and all this time there has been a mistake with the weight of the bin??

Does anyone now think he wasn't in the bin?.
I've never believed he was in the bin and I think all this 'new' information is rather suspect.

Did the driver not check the bin as they are supposed to? Did the lorry not weigh or calculate the load correctly? The lorry had a camera to see the load going in, did they not see him? The load should have gone through processing on a conveyor belt, in which case, a body would be clearly seen. Did they not do this with this particular load? Was there no evidence in the back of the lorry to suggest something bad had happened? Why would the load have gone to landfill if it was recycling?

So we are now expected to believe that C was in the bin and that's that? And also that he climbed in the bin voluntarily? I say bs.

I still want to know how a body was missed though? Was the driver blind?
The bin isn't see through. Hypothermic people tend to snuggle down into tiny spaces to get warm. It's likely he would have covered himself with cardboard.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I've never believed he was in the bin and I think all this 'new' information is rather suspect.

Did the driver not check the bin as they are supposed to? Did the lorry not weigh or calculate the load correctly? The lorry had a camera to see the load going in, did they not see him? The load should have gone through processing on a conveyor belt, in which case, a body would be clearly seen. Did they not do this with this particular load? Was there no evidence in the back of the lorry to suggest something bad had happened? Why would the load have gone to landfill if it was recycling?

So we are now expected to believe that C was in the bin and that's that? And also that he climbed in the bin voluntarily? I say bs.

I didn't rule out the bin completely, but I never thought he jumped in there for a kip so, for me, it still aint over. Sadly, I doubt they'll be able to determine a cause of death now, so I reckon it will be chalked up to misadventure and people like me will still think maybe, just maybe, someone put him there.

I hope testing can be conclusive either way.

@ironside.....I more meant at the landfill? I assume someone dumps the load and I'd imagine a body would be very noticeable especially dressed in white and pink!

More information more unanswered questions, it's been a common theme throughout this case! But with the hasty ejection from flex and with its bad reputation for trouble could we be looking at someone placing him in the bin after an altercation?

The bin isn't see through. Hypothermic people tend to snuggle down into tiny spaces to get warm. It's likely he would have covered himself with cardboard.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I agree and a quick search on the internet shows that this type of tragedy is far more common than people think. A mandatory system for bins to be locked would prevent access although it could be difficult to enforce where businesses trade during evenings and early hours. I think he was in the bin and I think he got in voluntarily. He had just wakened up and the little jog could have been to warm himself up, he could have been cold and delirious, he had been drinking and needed to fill in a few hours. A clean dry bin wouldn't have bothered him - he had slept in a doorway so jumping in a bin would not have given him a second thought. It is so sad that it has taken so long for the Police to confirm that the weight was wrong. My question now is how many think a)he got in the bin voluntarily and how many think b)he as 'put' in the bin before the lorry arrived or c)does anyone think that the lorry reversed into him and he was then put in the bin or d)how many think he wasn't in the bin at all

Last night a Suffolk Police spokeswoman said that Biffa had given the wrong information about the weight of the rubbish in the bin due to staff being confused by the collection data.

She said that the company charged customers for each collection, regardless of the weight of rubbish collected, meaning that they had not been familiar with analysing the individual weight of collections.

'The investigation has identified that the company who provided the data usually charge per collection, not per weight of load collected, and it appears that it was genuinely believed by the company that the data provided was correct.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eague-hunt-faces-no-action.html#ixzz4afseeU1n

So it was a genuine mistake?

Cags is confused.

@coach ....Is it a rubbish bin as in food/scraps etc or cardboard bin that we're thinking he was in? If it's the latter I think there's a chance he climbed in himself ☹️ (Sorry I've forgotten how to reply/quote )

Sorry Cag, will find a link, I read there was a 20 minute period where paperwork was conducted. Maybe I was mistaken.

I think that came from a hypothetical timeline made by a member here. He worked out estimated timings based on a potential shift start time (unconfirmed) and journey duration. It was queried several times why it was supposed that the driver filled out paperwork for so long. I always thought 20 mins was bollocks (sorry MD if you're reading), it's a two minute job!

This could cause extensive police searches across the UK landfills incase bodies have went undetected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne