UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen bins in Brighton clearly labelled with a warning about not sleeping in them. I always found it a bit of a joke but I guess it's a thing.

I agree that bins/the waste collection system don't need a radical redesign based on this case.

I've seen somewhere N has an FLO, but how much have they been used when N is an FLO herself? Surely a second set of eyes and ears is needed to take the stress off the family and make sure they understand the briefings they are given.

This has got to be so difficult for NU as a FLO and for any FLO that may have or not have been allocated to the U side of the family. Forgive the flippant take on it. It would be a bit like a bus-mans holiday for NU knowing every next move and what every sentence meant and knowing when FLO was being tactful, not saying everything and keeping entirely loyal to their Force. What a difficult job for all concerned if in fact NU has a FLO. Hopefully she has and there is a mutual respect of each others knowledge and understanding alongside some of the pressures this unusual situation would bring

I can't find that bit?? Maybe it got edited out already.

It's the para under the picture of Nicola

"The landfill search follows the discovery of CCTV footage this week, showing that a bin lorry was stationed near Brentgovel Street in the town around the same time that Mr McKeague was last seen."

I have seen bins in Brighton clearly labelled with a warning about not sleeping in them. I always found it a bit of a joke but I guess it's a thing.

I agree that bins/the waste collection system don't need a radical redesign based on this case.
It may not for this one case however what this one case has done is highlighted how big the problem is getting and brought it to the attention of the likes of you and I. I for one will never open one of the bins at work again and sling a cardboard box into it without looking.

How do you stop the handful of people, usually drunk, from climbing into a bin for sleep and warmth in a way that makes sense? I saw an article that in a five year period 11 people died in the uk due to sleeping in a bin. Hundreds were discovered sleeping in them by drivers over that period. So given the number, what is the solution? I am assuming most happen in cold weather, perhaps some in wet weather, and most occur at night. Not sure how many are homeless, partiers who had too much, or mentally ill, etc. How much would you spend to fix this issue? there has to be 10's of 1000's of bins in the UK. Maybe they should have a lock? or maybe a redesign making them impractical for shelter. Like a mailbox maybe. idk. You are not fixing it for the majority of people, but just a few hundred not thinking clearly when they do it.

If this is true "[FONT="]T[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT="]he landfill search follows the discovery of CCTV footage this week, showing that a bin lorry was stationed near Brentgovel Street in the town around the same time that Mr McKeague was last seen." it is rather odd, following the bin lorry weight revelation. I know that near where I live, bin collection lorries are 'stationed' shortly before the end of an event, ready to empty all the bins as soon as it safe to do so when people are making their way home, so it may just be something like that ready to pick up the contents of waste bins.[/FONT]

That bit in the article is incorrect, it seems we can't even rely on the Telegraph to fact check nowadays. It's been known since the start that the bin lorry picked up not long after C was last seen.

How do you stop the handful of people, usually drunk, from climbing into a bin for sleep and warmth in a way that makes sense? I saw an article that in a five year period 11 people died in the uk due to sleeping in a bin. Hundreds were discovered sleeping in them by drivers over that period. So given the number, what is the solution? I am assuming most happen in cold weather, perhaps some in wet weather, and most occur at night. Not sure how many are homeless, partiers who had too much, or mentally ill, etc. How much would you spend to fix this issue? there has to be 10's of 1000's of bins in the UK. Maybe they should have a lock? or maybe a redesign making them impractical for shelter. Like a mailbox maybe. idk. You are not fixing it for the majority of people, but just a few hundred not thinking clearly when they do it.
http://resource.co/article/three-people-week-found-sleeping-biffa-bins-10919

The bins come fitted with locks, and clients are told to ensure they are locked at night, but a driver interviewed for the programme said that around half of the bins are left open.

Part solution make locking the bin part of closing procedures and unlocking the bin part of opening procedures

This has got to be so difficult for NU as a FLO and for any FLO that may have or not have been allocated to the U side of the family. Forgive the flippant take on it. It would be a bit like a bus-mans holiday for NU knowing every next move and what every sentence meant and knowing when FLO was being tactful, not saying everything and keeping entirely loyal to their Force. What a difficult job for all concerned if in fact NU has a FLO. Hopefully she has and there is a mutual respect of each others knowledge and understanding alongside some of the pressures this unusual situation would bring

N has said she has a FLO, I agree with you, that person has a very difficult job to do

I'm really, really sad about all of this. I even hope he's not found and I know that prob seems bad. How unfortunate is it though to get missed out on the ride to the clubs in the first place by your work mates, and have to drive yourself, get thrown out of the club when there's prob other drunk people there, fall asleep, get in a bin (own decision or put there), get picked up by a bin lorry, no one notices, no one notices on checking at recycling, straight to landfill, incorrect weights, whole life stories come out in the press, I just think.... so many things that just makes you think - how could all of these misadventures on one single night actually happen?! It is so sad. And I know this may get deleted but as I'm not stitching anyone up and we may unfortunately be near the end, I'll just say it - <modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really, really sad about all of this. I even hope he's not found and I know that prob seems bad. How unfortunate is it though to get missed out on the ride to the clubs in the first place by your work mates, and have to drive yourself, get thrown out of the club when there's prob other drunk people there, fall asleep, get in a bin (own decision or put there), get picked up by a bin lorry, no one notices, no one notices on checking at recycling, straight to landfill, incorrect weights, whole life stories come out in the press, I just think.... so many things that just makes you think - how could all of these misadventures on one single night actually happen?! It is so sad. And I know this may get deleted but as I'm not stitching anyone up and we may unfortunately be near the end, I'll just say it - <modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The phrase I used earlier on in the case is 'a series of unfortunate events'.....I didn't think it would turn out this bad, though :(

Report that as a H&S breach in charge of dangerous machinery.

The fact noise reducing headphones are provided using such machinery by some councils in public places is questionable - it puts the pubic at risk more so over the operatives long term hearing - it is a known risk of the job and anyone reading this who sees bin lorry operatives wearing protective headphones should note the operator and raise a complaint through your MP, H&S is about risk management, the immediate risk to the public over moving heavy machinery a employees long term hearing is paramount, that's balance & that is correct H&S management .
Of course you mean public?

Why have they not spoken about the Wts process to confirm what happened and how are they so sure C is in landfill rather than a cardboard bale? Have they checked the Wts? It seems to me that would be as or more important than checking the weight. And why no trace of C in or on the lorry? These things need to be explained. Why has UT not done an update to explain these anomalies?

About those two missing "potential witnesses"...what if they are dead too?

Are they still required to be identified being as SP are so sure that C will be in landfill? They are not likely to have seen anything given that the bin lorry was long gone by the time those potential witnesses arrived nearby.

Just supposing he is not in the landfill. Do we know if the police have other lines of enquiries to follow should the search draw a blank?

Why have they not spoken about the Wts process to confirm what happened and how are they so sure C is in landfill rather than a cardboard bale? Have they checked the Wts? It seems to me that would be as or more important than checking the weight. And why no trace of C in or on the lorry? These things need to be explained. Why has UT not done an update to explain these anomalies?
It's not the time for answers yet. These are all the things that would be investigated at an inquest. His body hasn't been found yet.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Signage might work for the sober i suppose. Maybe put the days and times of the pickup, as well as location of an open shelter for warmth. IDK. if you are willing to crawl in a bin, maybe even if a cop was sitting on top of it, you might ask him to hop off so you can climb in. Does make you wonder when young men go missing after a bender, how many end up in some landfill undetected not to mention bodies purposely disposed of in bins.

Surely not....

I will say that surely 'no entry' person is completely irrelevant now because that person is known to have walked from St Andrews car park to past CSC in ~4 minutes (a hour after bin pickup). Old guy would be the same assuming he wasn't anywhere near the place/time Corrie is thought to have got into the bin?

ETA: Add additional info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member