UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening everyone, I'm new here (new poster, avid reader) so apologies if I am repeating...threads are so indepth. When I first heard about corrie's disappearance, my first thought was terrorism. Quickly ruled out as no group came forward to claim involvement. But then, because I used to live close to BSE, I couldn't help but think how similar the case was to poor Luke Durbin who has been missing since 2006. He vanished in Ipswich, last seen on cctv at around 4am. Looking at the cctv of corrie passing The Grapes, I don't believe he passed out in the doorway. He was steady enough on his feet to bend down, pick something up, and stand up quite quickly again. Someone on the verge of passing out would surely not be able to bend down and stand up so quickly and steadily. The doorway was only a few doors away from the grapes. The doormen outside also show no concern for his condition. But something happened in that doorway, however distressing it's deemed to be, I think perhaps he vomited. People asked if he was okay, if someone was just sat eating, I'd think they were okay. On the second cctv, looking at corrie's body language, I think he is hiding from someone. Initially I thought he was perhaps looking around as if he were meeting someone, but looking at it closely, the way corrie jots into frame then slows and looks around twice, I think he is hiding. Did he upset someone in the doorway, or did someone threaten him? Or give him cause to hide?

Just a couple of points.

I don't think anyone suggested he "passed out" in the sense I think you mean. He seems to have sat down in the doorway to finish eating his food, and then fallen asleep.

I hadn't heard that anyone spoke to him at this point, but I've only followed the case intermittently. Do you have a source for that?

The people outside The Grapes aren't doormen, btw. Apparently they are friends of the band who was playing in there that night.

And I agree with others, he looks around, but I think he's just looking for somewhere to pee without being seen.

N said he only jogged from Greggs (so, like 20-25 metres) and noone was following him. I think he was just busting for a wee.
Well whether jogging, running, skipping, tripping or doing the highland fling, within 4 minutes he was out of sight and never seen again, by anyone AFAWK except for unconfirmed sightings.

Just a couple of points.

I don't think anyone suggested he "passed out" in the sense I think you mean. He seems to have sat down in the doorway to finish eating his food, and then fallen asleep.

I hadn't heard that anyone spoke to him at this point, but I've only followed the case intermittently. Do you have a source for that?

The people outside The Grapes aren't doormen, btw. Apparently they are friends of the band who was playing in there that night.

And I agree with others, he looks around, but I think he's just looking for somewhere to pee without being seen.
Please see Find corrie website Faq for the doorway interaction.

Hi Cherwell, my apologies, on a previous thread it was discussed that C had passed out in the doorway, and this being the distressing element. But from confirmed reports it says C slept, not passed out. There were news snippets to say people had asked in the doorway if he was okay (I'll find the link and post) I just wonder what makes this footage so distressing. If he was just sleeping, unless, you do get idiots assaulting rough sleepers, inebriated persons, and I can't help but think that there was perhaps an altercation of some kind.

I didn't realise the grapes crowd were with the band, apologies...reading older threads again.

The second footage, the two glances, will divide opinion I think until more details on the interim footage is known/released. I'm 50% hiding, 25% toilet, 25% meet-up.

I'm 100% in hope that news comes soon. And that C's family are not waiting years like poor Luke Durbins family.

On the SP website page for missing persons; all have the date of last sighting on the photo. C's says 7th March. Might just be an error, but found it odd that the date was incorrect.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/staring-piece-hell-corrie-mckeagues-12723109

sure i can hear DS stating that C told people he was walking home around 50 seconds but very poor quality

edit sorry actually 39 seconds in

Thanks Blue bird. I'll see what I can hear.
Edit. See what I can hear ??? Anyway you know what I mean.
Just listened to GT posted interview. Very difficult to hear but I did hear her say C had told people he was walking home. So more than one person he told apparently......

I would link to the full DS Katie Elliott landfill interview where she told a BBC reporter that people i.e. more than one, had told the investigation he was walking home. That interview is only available in a cut down 35 second clip now... (this really bothers me!).

If anyone can find that full interview it would be great. It was like 5-7 minutes long IIRC.

This isn't the full interview, but it's lengthier than BBC's edited version:

[video=youtube;e_ad_PFyK5c]https://youtube.com/watch?v=e_ad_PFyK5c[/video]​

This one includes the reference to Corrie telling "people" he planned to walk home:

[video=youtube;VP8V1JLFfrA]https://youtube.com/watch?v=VP8V1JLFfrA[/video]​

Welcome Marple. Interesting posts especially about the SP last sighting date listed as 7 Mar. It was 24 Sep AWAK.

Hi Cherwell, my apologies, on a previous thread it was discussed that C had passed out in the doorway, and this being the distressing element. But from confirmed reports it says C slept, not passed out. There were news snippets to say people had asked in the doorway if he was okay (I'll find the link and post) I just wonder what makes this footage so distressing. If he was just sleeping, unless, you do get idiots assaulting rough sleepers, inebriated persons, and I can't help but think that there was perhaps an altercation of some kind.

I didn't realise the grapes crowd were with the band, apologies...reading older threads again.

The second footage, the two glances, will divide opinion I think until more details on the interim footage is known/released. I'm 50% hiding, 25% toilet, 25% meet-up.

I'm 100% in hope that news comes soon. And that C's family are not waiting years like poor Luke Durbins family.

On the SP website page for missing persons; all have the date of last sighting on the photo. C's says 7th March. Might just be an error, but found it odd that the date was incorrect.

Hi Marple80. That is the date of the most recent police update on his case, not his missing date. :)

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

Interesting comment at the bottom of this article: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/heartbroken-family-missing-airman-corrie-10009145

"Meanwhile, Suffolk Police are investigating a referral from the Independent Police Complaints Commission over an arrest linked to the case on March 1.

The 26-year-old man involved will face no further action after being quizzed"

Possibly about the fact his name leaked out. Understandable as he wasn't charged with anything.

Interesting comment at the bottom of this article: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/heartbroken-family-missing-airman-corrie-10009145

"Meanwhile, Suffolk Police are investigating a referral from the Independent Police Complaints Commission over an arrest linked to the case on March 1.

The 26-year-old man involved will face no further action after being quizzed"

Interesting. I must admit I always thought him being arrested was odd. I'll say no more for now.

Possibly about the fact his name leaked out. Understandable as he wasn't charged with anything.

Not sure about that. The IPCC is for complaints specifically about the Police and not for something the Sun did?

Interesting. I must admit I always thought him being arrested was odd. I'll say no more for now.

Not sure about that. The IPCC is for complaints specifically about the Police and not for something the Sun did?

I guess the police could have done more to protect his identity knowing full well the Sun and others would be on the hunt.

I guess the police could have done more to protect his identity knowing full well the Sun and others would be on the hunt.

Maybe, but they seem to have done a good job with the bin lorry driver. I just think the Sun found out themselves rather than a leak by Police and if there is a complaint, it will be about his arrest.

Being deaf in 1 ear do have advantages

This isn't the full interview, but it's lengthier than BBC's edited version:

[video=youtube;e_ad_PFyK5c]https://youtube.com/watch?v=e_ad_PFyK5c[/video]​

This one includes the reference to Corrie telling "people" he planned to walk home:

[video=youtube;VP8V1JLFfrA]https://youtube.com/watch?v=VP8V1JLFfrA[/video]​

It's actually 3 glances. C looks to his right, then left before he moves behind the tree, then right again before he disappers behind the wall. I only noticed the glance left the other day; he wouldn't look out of the opposite side of the HS of he was being followed. It looks more like he's seeing anyone is around before doing something private.

ware have all the family updates gone? I'm looking for the update that uncle T was saying that corrie regularly visited RAF marham, I don't seem to be able to find that any ware now,

I'm new to posting here although I've lurked on many high profile UK cases.

Am i I alone in thinking that it's a serious possibility that C was injured by the incoming bin wagon? I just don't buy the sleeeping in a bin theory. And could this account for all the further discrepancies and unknowns about why the waste possibly didn't follow it's expected course?

Is it possible that this is some sort sort of accidental foul play? I think it's a real possibility and possibly why there are so many gaps and discrepancies in the evidence so far.

Just my thought and my opinion. I do hope this is concluded soon for the sake of the family

We have had this word 'distressing' come up a number of times in regards to the doorway, yet we've never been able to find confirmation that word was used.

In the Darroch and Mackeyan live link think they discussed something about the police telling them Corrie was standing in the doorway but then sort of slipped down. And there was some discussion in that video about whether he could have almost passed out or even been drugged.

N has now seen the footage prior to the last cctv and did indeed confirm that he was running finally. None of the public has seen that footage.

I've been looking at the FAQ you directed me to, and for the record it says that C was not running.

Is Corrie running in the 2nd CCTV?

No, Corrie just takes a skipping step on uneven ground.
This is known as the footage of Corrie prior to the clip (unreleased) shows that Corrie is not running.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/is-corrie-running-in-the-2nd-cctv

I've been looking at the FAQ you directed me to, and for the record it says that C was not running.

Is Corrie running in the 2nd CCTV?

No, Corrie just takes a skipping step on uneven ground.
This is known as the footage of Corrie prior to the clip (unreleased) shows that Corrie is not running.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/is-corrie-running-in-the-2nd-cctv

I remember that quote that he was running , IMO it was a reliable source it ether came from a family update that are no longer available or msm, it was a few weeks after the swingers thing came out to what I can remember, IMOIMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222