UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there is someone with a weapon telling him to turn into the bin area. Thats why he looks back a few times in a scared manner. Then he goes in there reluctantly. Is there somone further up the street ordering him into the dark area. So he has to stop running....

Ive run out of geusses.

Maybe there is someone with a weapon telling him to turn into the bin area. Thats why he looks back a few times in a scared manner. Then he goes in there reluctantly. Is there somone further up the street ordering him into the dark area. So he has to stop running....

Ive run out of geusses.

He doesn't look scare to me in that clip. He looks like he's checking whether the coast is clear for him to take a quick pee. There are no signs of worry or stress - just of needing a moment's privacy to relieve himself.

Ladies, Gentlemen...this is my first post so be gentle with your constructive critique please.

Having a personal interest in this (but NOT professional), I've been following this case from the very beginning. As time has eroded any thought of a safe return of Corrie, so deeper thoughts to solving this mystery have appeared. My best guess estimates have morphed into different theories as many times as the press releases have been issued. Nothing appears to be simple in this instance. That's backed up by the limited and often contradictory trickle of information being released.

I've read the forum rules, regulations and guidance notes and feel certain I'll still inadvertently tread on someone's toes by giving up my latest offerings! I'll wait for the nod from you guys (and gals) before I begin...brace yersel's'!

Ladies, Gentlemen...this is my first post so be gentle with your constructive critique please.

Having a personal interest in this (but NOT professional), I've been following this case from the very beginning. As time has eroded any thought of a safe return of Corrie, so deeper thoughts to solving this mystery have appeared. My best guess estimates have morphed into different theories as many times as the press releases have been issued. Nothing appears to be simple in this instance. That's backed up by the limited and often contradictory trickle of information being released.

I've read the forum rules, regulations and guidance notes and feel certain I'll still inadvertently tread on someone's toes by giving up my latest offerings! I'll wait for the nod from you guys (and gals) before I begin...brace yersel's'!
Welcome to Websleuths 😊

Interested to hear your thoughts

*drum roll*

I am reasonably local to the area. It could be of no relevance at all, but a few years back there was a temporary ban/curfew put in place which meant base personnel weren't allowed to be in licenced premises in Bury St Edmunds after 11pm. This was reported in one of the local papers & the article mentioned that military police would be carrying out patrols/ visits to enforce this. If other service personnel are involved somehow, perhaps that explains the DA notice & the lack of formal appeal or statement from the base?

The fact that he has likely gone there to pee, makes the whole thing "that bit more" baffling.
He had consciously scanned his surroundings to make sure there was no one there, is something that does get overlooked. The loading bay area (and his immediate surroundings) must have appeared "clear" to him. It would appear that there was no one in his immediate line of sight.

The curious thing about that is, it is possible that the bin lorry collected his phone, which may have been in the rubbish bin at the time. If so, that happened 35 minutes after Corrie had entered that area. If we assume that Corrie wasn't in that area at that time, and he had not walked back to his car (no cctv) or walked to the taxi rank (no cctv), then the only route that he could have taken AND not be seen, would be "down Short Brackland".

A debate is "whether or not Corrie dropped his phone in that area". To be honest, I think it is "more likely" that he did not lose his phone, on that night, or in that area.....but that it was disposed of in the bin that was later collected.

Now, that assumes a lot. How do you walk into an area where someone may be, but you don't see them ?

My first thought was, they were hiding. That would indicate it was likely a "random attack" and that Corrie was not a target. How would anyone "know" he (or anyone else for that matter) would walk up to the bin area and have a pee.

My second thought was, you can't see them because they're in a vehicle. If a car is parked up, with no engine running and no lights on, it can be hard to see if anyone is in it or not.
Being in a car would explain how Corrie left Bury unseen and completely disappeared from sight. But a car would have to pass cctv twice...and on both times be unseen. Even though that area is not watched for 2min 48secs in every three and a half minute period, it's still quite a fluke not to be captured on camera, even just once.

If that is even likely, the big question again is, would a "random attacker" go about his attacks, from the comfort of his own car ? It would have to be "random" as again, no one knew anyone would arrive their for a pee. It seems extremely doubtful indeed.

I think knowing more about that area would be useful. Does it have any other uses at night ? Do cars arrive there during the night for some reason ? Do cars park there during the evening ? Has it had any regular visitor ?

Just some random thoughts

And then there is pressure from "the time of year". Not sure what winter is like in that area, but it could hamper operations, search-wise.

I haven't lived in Suffolk but I did live in Norfolk for a number of years. The coastal areas, the Broads and the Fens tend to get a lot of fog for various reasons to do with proximity to water. The region can get very bitter, strong winds from the east in winter which bring heavy snow. It's often noted there's no high ground between the Urals and East Anglia so there's no reason for the wind to drop much snow on its journey west, and the slightly warming effect of the North Sea tends to make the wind dump a load on East Anglia.

If the bin lorry had picked up a load of mostly paper for recycling, and they do the conveyor belt sorting by hand, I'm surprised that just a few days later none of the staff would remember sorting a mobile phone from the conveyor. It can't happen too often for someone to drop a phone into a recycling bin?

If the bin lorry had picked up a load of mostly paper for recycling, and they do the conveyor belt sorting by hand, I'm surprised that just a few days later none of the staff would remember sorting a mobile phone from the conveyor. It can't happen too often for someone to drop a phone into a recycling bin?

The police said, they searched "the rubbish tip".

P.S. I don't know why they searched the rubbish tip, when the bin contained recyclable items, but that's what they said they did.

I am reasonably local to the area. It could be of no relevance at all, but a few years back there was a temporary ban/curfew put in place which meant base personnel weren't allowed to be in licenced premises in Bury St Edmunds after 11pm. This was reported in one of the local papers & the article mentioned that military police would be carrying out patrols/ visits to enforce this. If other service personnel are involved somehow, perhaps that explains the DA notice & the lack of formal appeal or statement from the base?

This happens everywhere frequently. I lived in Germany for 9 years and things were placed out of bounds all the time. Though usually completely out of bounds or on certain nights to avoid culture conflicts rather than curfewed. Sometimes because of bad behaviour from soldiers (even something as small as one squadron failing block inspections can restrict a whole regiment) but also because of the clientele the place attracts would usually try and kick off with soldiers who obviously won't stand there and take it. Bear in mind most singlies drink on camp and go out relatively late because it's cheaper, if they usually go out at 9/10pm and they have to be back by 11 they just won't bother.

Where I am now is a bit more remote and we don't have many places we are allowed to go to (and one of the few we do have was put out of bounds last week due to visiting troops getting smashed and wrecking the place :banghead: ) We are curfewed here and certain areas in the country are put out of bounds temporarily for our own safety but it's a lot more dangerous here than Germany or Bury St Edmonds lol My point is, the restrictions are 99% of the time put in place for things a lot less boring than the imagination will allow.

As it happens, one of the places completely out of bounds was only a few hundred metres from camp on the opposite side of the road purely because it was close enough to walk back to camp but it was a very dangerous road (same road I mentioned on the thread before where a soldier was hit and thrown into the bushes) and they wanted to avoid people getting hit by vehicles and that was the most enforced one. If you were caught there you were severely in the poop.

The police said, they searched "the rubbish tip".

P.S. I don't know why they searched the rubbish tip, when the bin contained recyclable items, but that's what they said they did.

May just be a turn of phrase. Where I live, the 'rubbish tip' (as it's referred to) contains the landfill area, but also recycling collection & sorting.

This happens everywhere frequently. I lived in Germany for 9 years and things were placed out of bounds all the time. Though usually completely out of bounds or on certain nights to avoid culture conflicts rather than curfewed. Sometimes because of bad behaviour from soldiers (even something as small as one squadron failing block inspections can restrict a whole regiment) but also because of the clientele the place attracts would usually try and kick off with soldiers who obviously won't stand there and take it. Bear in mind most singlies drink on camp and go out relatively late because it's cheaper, if they usually go out at 9/10pm and they have to be back by 11 they just won't bother.

Where I am now is a bit more remote and we don't have many places we are allowed to go to (and one of the few we do have was put out of bounds last week due to visiting troops getting smashed and wrecking the place :banghead: ) We are curfewed here and certain areas in the country are put out of bounds temporarily for our own safety but it's a lot more dangerous here than Germany or Bury St Edmonds lol My point is, the restrictions are 99% of the time put in place for things a lot less boring than the imagination will allow.

As it happens, one of the places completely out of bounds was only a few hundred metres from camp on the opposite side of the road purely because it was close enough to walk back to camp but it was a very dangerous road (same road I mentioned on the thread before where a soldier was hit and thrown into the bushes) and they wanted to avoid people getting hit by vehicles and that was the most enforced one. If you were caught there you were severely in the poop.

Yeah I think this was driven out of high spirited incidents which has happened.
My clubbing days in Bury St Edmunds (my hometown) are rare now, but the fact of him driving into town alone & leaving alone at the end of the night doesn't really fit the norm over there

Yeah I think this was driven out of high spirited incidents which has happened.
My clubbing days in Bury St Edmunds (my hometown) are rare now, but the fact of him driving into town alone & leaving alone at the end of the night doesn't really fit the norm over there

Not sure he meant to leave alone. Which in itself is a puzzle.

But hey, since you're local and probably know the "nuances" of Bury and the local area....
....is Short Brackland used for parking at night ?
Also, whats the "drink driving" culture like round there ? Do you get a few "chancers" ?
And if so, what about the local military ? Do they chance it, living so far out of town and in the sticks ?

The weather has already turned - we've had thick fog for the last 2 days (I am around half an hour from BSE).

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

The actual locals could tell you more about the winter weather conditions there, but I'm only about 30 or 40 miles away I think. Fog would be the main potentially problematic condition between here and the New Year. I wouldn't expect a lot in the way of snow or ice until January, but every year is different.

I really hope this isn't going to drag out that long. It's driving me crazy that there's no news yet...and I know it's a million times worse for Corrie's family :-(

Unless it snows or gets really icy the weather here is nothing exceptional.

Last couple of days it's been foggy in the mornings & evenings.

Snow would be a problem.

But hey, since you're local and probably know the "nuances" of Bury and the local area....
Also, whats the "drink driving" culture like round there ? Do you get a few "chancers" ?
And if so, what about the local military ? Do they chance it, living so far out of town and in the sticks ?

No. I don't think people would use Short Brackland to park at night. Most car parks are cheap overnight and the wide majority of people tend to park in them.

Just noticed Uncle Tony has posted that there will be a 'new update shortly', after the Thunderclap ... although I think the Thunderclap is 7pm tomorrow evening, so possibly not *that* shortly.

No I think it's signed up further down as a permit zone/ residents parking only
The area where Corrie "vanished" into is all access to businesses, Superdrug (who I have seen taking deliveries during the night in other towns) Greggs & Carphone Warehouse to name a few.
As for chancing it, I did a few years ago - left a pub over there at 11pm after 3 pints, walked into town for food, went to a friends house to play poker (without any more alcohol) returned to my car at 5am, drove less than a mile, got stopped by police & convicted :-/

I was in Bury on Friday night just gone & pratically retraced his steps - walked from The Grapes to Premier Inn at 3am without seing another soul....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl