UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. What I meant was that they don't usually announce these things in isolation, rather they can get slipped in as part of a renewed appeal. It's been a week since 8 March so something may have turned up in the meantime.

I suspect the older gentleman might have been in transit or visiting, so may be entirely unaware of the situation. Out early to pursue a hobby like photography or birdwatching, perhaps, rather than out late.

Which makes you wonder why SP don't have fliers everywhere so any hotel workers etc may recognise them as a visitor, only 2 people unidentified they need to rule out, a missing serviceman - given attacks and attempted possible attacks in recent years you would think SP would be emailing Associated Press UK, BBC NEWS & ITN as a minimum asking them to ask the UK people to help identify these final 2 people in the search of the missing RAF serviceman investigation but no, perhaps N should get on BBC News at 6 and do SP job for them.

Which makes you wonder why SP don't have fliers everywhere so any hotel workers etc may recognise them as a visitor, only 2 people unidentified they need to rule out, a missing serviceman - given attacks and attempted possible attacks in recent years you would think SP would be emailing Associated Press UK, BBC NEWS & ITN as a minimum asking them to ask the UK people to help identify these final 2 people in the search of the missing RAF serviceman investigation but no, perhaps N should get on BBC News at 6 and do SP job for them.

Believe it or not, lots of people don't watch the TV news.

I'm sure the police have done plenty behind the scenes, they have managed to identify all the other people after all. I'm not sure I would recognise anyone from those images even if I did know them.

Believe it or not, lots of people don't watch the TV news.

I'm sure the police have done plenty behind the scenes, they have managed to identify all the other people after all. I'm not sure I would recognise anyone from those images even if I did know them.
Less buy papers, its a digital world.

I'm not taking about what SP have done I'm talking of what not - the news last week of the site going to be searched was the ideal time to get them two peoples images splashed across the media in print, tv & online, whilst Elliot was giving her spaghetti junction interviews to all them outlets at least the pixels of them pictures would have been consistent between them all.

You wouldn't notice your dad, uncle etc, the guy you served coffee to for several days on holiday - not a resemblance ?

Universities have the best software and people to clean up images not police forces with run out tech of yesteryear and trained at the same time. It was the perfect time to have the images cleaned up and out in all press. But NOPE

Did SP DNA/fingerprint test all the rehab flats ? I expect not given they didn't follow the mobile clue nor the Biffa data in best professional procedure investigational practice, but I will give weight to the fact I might be wrong, but doubt I am.

It is harrowing enough to have a missing loved one, but SP poor investigation & decision making and on top so long after, and now to looking around visiting a refuse site. My heart and soul goes out to both C parents. It is a indescribable situation just reading about it, the experience of just reading about it is heart wrenching, I know its nothing to do with me being Scots its the humanity of the situation most of if not all of us feel.

Buildings in the HS were forensically checked. The rehab accommodation is the only residential part of that set of buildings; no alarms were triggered or reset in the shops/museum that would indicate access by anyone.

Did SP DNA/fingerprint test all the rehab flats ? I expect not given they didn't follow the mobile clue nor the Biffa data in best professional procedure investigational practice, but I will give weight to the fact I might be wrong, but doubt I am.

It is harrowing enough to have a missing loved one, but SP poor investigation & decision making and on top so long after, and now to looking around visiting a refuse site. My heart and soul goes out to both C parents. It is a indescribable situation just reading about it, the experience of just reading about it is heart wrenching, I know its nothing to do with me being Scots its the humanity of the situation most of if not all of us feel.
I disagree that they did not follow the phone or bin data. They had the info early on but followed the walking home line that they had info about. They could not justify searching landfill when no evidence at that time existed that his body was there. Not until other leads had been pursued did they look at the lanndfill search. MM has been fully supportive of the police actions.

I'm not taking about what SP have done I'm talking of what not - the news last week of the site going to be searched was the ideal time to get them two peoples images splashed across the media in print, tv & online, whilst Elliot was giving her spaghetti junction interviews to all them outlets at least the pixels of them pictures would have been consistent between them all.

You wouldn't notice your dad, uncle etc, the guy you served coffee to for several days on holiday - not a resemblance ?

Universities have the best software and people to clean up images not police forces with run out tech of yesteryear and trained at the same time. It was the perfect time to have the images cleaned up and out in all press. But NOPE
Maybe they're not from this country? Tourists or foreign workers for example. SP have identified 37 out of 39 so far, and these two are the latest in time from C's last sighting, both after 05.00 a.m. so if none of the others saw him then it is unlikely these two did IMO.

the two people are probely no longer inportent as they were after 5am, if they think c is in the landfill the bin lorry was well gone before the two people were about so unlikely to be much need to identyfy them now, IMO

Buildings in the HS were forensically checked. The rehab accommodation is the only residential part of that set of buildings; no alarms were triggered or reset in the shops/museum that would indicate access by anyone.

Thanks for confirming that. It is such an obvious lead that I cannot understand why anyone would think the police hadn't explored it.

SP have identified 37 out of 39 so far, and these two are the latest in time from C's last sighting, both after 05.00 a.m. so if none of the others saw him then it is unlikely these two did IMO.

Exactly.

Thanks for confirming that. It is such an obvious lead that I cannot understand why anyone would think the police hadn't explored it.
The Police also said he wasn't in the bin - For 5 months !

The Police also said he wasn't in the bin - For 5 months !
Well as the contents were only 11kg that's what we all said tbh which is why everyone, including family, focused on the other bins and buildings. Was that wrong too? I don't think so. IMO SP have bent over backwards in their efforts, especially if he got in the bin voluntarily.

I disagree that they did not follow the phone or bin data. They had the info early on but followed the walking home line that they had info about. They could not justify searching landfill when no evidence at that time existed that his body was there. Not until other leads had been pursued did they look at the lanndfill search. MM has been fully supportive of the police actions.

The walking home theory is a bit of a puzzle, initally N and the family said he'd done it before then that was previously changed to never in BSE, then we heard that he might have told a homeless man he was walking home and now out of nowhere SP/Ms Elliot say C told many people he was going to walk home.

I have a suspicion she's saying that just to justify not searching the LF - who are these people and why haven't we heard about them before now and why did N not seem to know about them?

Well as the contents were only 11kg that's what we all said tbh which is why everyone, including family, focused on the other bins and buildings. Was that wrong too? I don't think so. IMO SP have bent over backwards in their efforts, especially if he got in the bin voluntarily.

Unless we hear much more detail about the initial investigation, which I don't suppose we will, we'll never know if SP were justified to accept the bin weight as accurate for so long

JMO

The walking home theory is a bit of a puzzle, initally N and the family said he'd done it before then that was previously changed to never in BSE, then we heard that he might have told a homeless man he was walking home and now out of nowhere SP/Ms Elliot say C told many people he was going to walk home.

I have a suspicion she's saying that just to justify not searching the LF - who are these people and why haven't we heard about them before now and why did N not seem to know about them?

Weren't quite a number of in-depth searches carried out along his inferred route home? There must have been good reason to think that he might have set out and then come to harm along the way. Some of these searches were organised by the family IIRC. If there was a chance of finding him alive then I'd say it was right to give priority to that line of investigation.

Again I'm getting tired of the police-bashing on here. We don't know everything they know, we don't know every detail of every interview and investigation they've done, and that is normal.

From the SP update 30th September.."It’s known Corrie liked to walk home following a night out and police are continuing to ask anyone who may have been out in the area around Bury St Edmunds from 3am on Saturday onwards to get in touch if they think they may have seen him or anything that may assist the investigation.".....so how did the police KNOW this? Interesting that DS Eliot repeated this recently. Perhaps she wanted to remind everyone that, based on information they had received, SP initially focused their search on the route back to Honington.

From the SP update 30th September.."It’s known Corrie liked to walk home following a night out and police are continuing to ask anyone who may have been out in the area around Bury St Edmunds from 3am on Saturday onwards to get in touch if they think they may have seen him or anything that may assist the investigation.".....so how did the police KNOW this? Interesting that DS Eliot repeated this recently. Perhaps she wanted to remind everyone that, based on information they had received, SP initially focused their search on the route back to Honington.

And yet in this article it says

"The mother explained that in three years of living at RAF Honington, Corrie had never tried to walk home. His car had been parked in Robert Boby Way at 10pm so he could always have fallen asleep in that."

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/mother-missing-raf-serviceman-corrie-12156971

tbh I don't we can rely on something SP said less than a week after C disappeared that was later corrected. While he may have walked home from other places IMO it's not very likely that he decided to do something he's never done in 3 years when I think it's safe to assume he'd probably been out in BSE many many times

JMO

So you think she's lying on camera? SP have interviewed many people including his friends whom he went out with and we all heard his brother say that he had walked before but not all the way. Does anyone believe they should have searched LF rather than routes back to base initially?

Weren't quite a number of in-depth searches carried out along his inferred route home? There must have been good reason to think that he might have set out and then come to harm along the way. Some of these searches were organised by the family IIRC. If there was a chance of finding him alive then I'd say it was right to give priority to that line of investigation.

Again I'm getting tired of the police-bashing on here. We don't know everything they know, we don't know every detail of every interview and investigation they've done, and that is normal.
Completely agree. Let SP do their job. One side of the family has always been supportive - the difference is striking between the two.

So you think she's lying on camera? SP have interviewed many people including his friends whom he went out with and we all heard his brother say that he had walked before but not all the way. Does anyone believe they should have searched LF rather than routes back to base initially?

Lying is a strong word and not one I'd use.

From the SP update 11/11/16, walking home wasn't a key line of enquiry so it's surprising to me that it's being said now as a reason not to have looked at the bin possibility sooner.

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said; “We have to keep an open mind as there is no key line of enquiry to take us in any one direction. We can’t rule anything out and therefore we have to continue to investigate all possibilities. Despite extensive searches, CCTV viewing, media appeals and many behind the scenes enquiries we still do not have a lead which takes us forward. Many theories are being explored and work is ongoing to trace everyone who was in the area around the key time as they may have information that may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3