UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure as I thought that they had to move 6000 tonnes of something before they started the search, I presumed that was the top soil,

I'm still confused about why thousands of tonnes of anything has been left there since The Bin. Do we know yet if the bin lorry went straight to MIlton or whether the whole lot went through the incinerator first?

I'm still confused about why thousands of tonnes of anything has been left there since The Bin. Do we know yet if the bin lorry went straight to MIlton or whether the whole lot went through the incinerator first?

I would assume as SP did not shut the site down asap by discounting the mobile signal/lorry route by the bin weight more landfill went in.

Obviously morality compounds professionalism, police will not issue that info to the public and possibly family in any circumstances until they need to in any investigation, ie when evidence is solid, doing such causes distress that may not have been needed to be caused, esp if they are/were wrong (which may or may not lead to official complaints/legal redress).

I'm only guessing, but I would have thought that when they decided to put a hold on that area that they 'had' to cover it in order to keep the smell and gases from escaping.

I'm only guessing, but I would have thought that when they decided to put a hold on that area that they 'had' to cover it in order to keep the smell and gases from escaping.
I also understand they rotate to use different sectors anyway as part of the normal decomposition process.
@ Cagney. No we don't yet know how The Bin contents got to LF.

Yes I think they moved the topsoil already as part of the preparation work. Hope the 250 per week rate doesn't mean another 15 weeks of searching. If he is there, let's hope they find him soon. Good to see the family support for SP and their methods.

It does not matter the cost given the blunder of bin weight, SP noe have no option but to exhaust this line of enquiry they previously dismissed.

With MM support for SP, given his lack of knowledge N will question things much more, in no way has my criticism of SP been the force as a whole, the many officers following Senior commands I have nothing but praise for them and like MM the officers on site searching, but the Senior officers and decisions handling the case fall below par - even with the incorrect bin weigh issue (a Senior obviously signed off not establishing facts were indeed not facts) to use that as evidence to write-off the limited mobile network data as insignificant was a absolutely poor Senior decision of the team, not the team, the higher structure, and I'm sure it frustrated many of the constables on the ground doing the real instructed leg work.

Like any organisation management it is only as good as the seniors and their performance unfortunately reflects on those below even if the lower in the chain are as good as senior but limited by organisational structure, in a corporate world staff are easy to hold accountable on individual circumstances, public service is quite another - like MOD you are trained to be a unit (even at the expense of those you are employed to serve) to even break rank and even whistleblow in public service one is tarnished for career for upholding proper value/s of employment - TO SERVE - the public (who pay the wage).

The team workers at SP on this case I have no doubt work hard, and have had to work harder based on bad decisions made by Seniors, I applaud the 'workers' but the 'queen bees' well, say no more. All SP staff will feel the wrath of this case on every level, including the financial year incoming because a best use of resources and money was wasted with poor Senior decisions following enquiries that could have scaled back circa bin weight and mobile, either/or.

I cant imagine moral is high (as it could be) in the investigating team with its Seniors activity to date.

Lets hope they find C mobile or C soon for the family, it's not like the Seniors are in there day in day out doing the legwork of a mammoth task in that environment.

It does not matter the cost given the blunder of bin weight, SP noe have no option but to exhaust this line of enquiry they previously dismissed.

With MM support for SP, given his lack of knowledge N will question things much more, in no way has my criticism of SP been the force as a whole, the many officers following Senior commands I have nothing but praise for them and like MM the officers on site searching, but the Senior officers and decisions handling the case fall below par - even with the incorrect bin weigh issue (a Senior obviously signed off not establishing facts were indeed not facts) to use that as evidence to write-off the limited mobile network data as insignificant was a absolutely poor Senior decision of the team, not the team, the higher structure, and I'm sure it frustrated many of the constables on the ground doing the real instructed leg work.

Like any organisation management it is only as good as the seniors and their performance unfortunately reflects on those below even if the lower in the chain are as good as senior but limited by organisational structure, in a corporate world staff are easy to hold accountable on individual circumstances, public service is quite another - like MOD you are trained to be a unit (even at the expense of those you are employed to serve) to even break rank and even whistleblow in public service one is tarnished for career for upholding proper value/s of employment - TO SERVE - the public (who pay the wage).

The team workers at SP on this case I have no doubt work hard, and have had to work harder based on bad decisions made by Seniors, I applaud the 'workers' but the 'queen bees' well, say no more. All SP staff will feel the wrath of this case on every level, including the financial year incoming because a best use of resources and money was wasted with poor Senior decisions following enquiries that could have scaled back circa bin weight and mobile, either/or.

I cant imagine moral is high (as it could be) in the investigating team with its Seniors activity to date.

Lets hope they find C mobile or C soon for the family, it's not like the Seniors are in there day in day out doing the legwork of a mammoth task in that environment.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dad-missing-raf-gunner-corrie-10045241

He continued: "The way in which the Suffolk police have conducted this investigation, and the order in which they prioritised their searches, has and continues to be logical and professional. Trisha and I have been privy to a great deal of information during the course of this investigation that has not been made public since Corrie disappeared, and there were several important leads the police had to follow before this one as priorities.

"Now, if Trisha and I had at any time felt, even for a moment, that the landfill site should have been searched sooner based on the information that was available at the time, then we would have been the first to say this to them, and shared those sentiments with you. But this was not the case.

"And for those who have sought to mislead the public to make people think otherwise, and openly criticised the efforts of the Suffolk police, I can tell you as Corrie's father that they should not have done this. The lies have to stop."

With the limited mobile network data, it has been public about the odds of the refuse truck & signal leaving BSE, but what about data prior ? A mobile jumps base station transmitters esp in built up areas, what has been made public about the route the truck took up to Waitrose etc and did C mobile ping off any base stations near that collection ? Surely the signal must have bounced between base stations as the refuse truck navigated itself. Its not the Cairngorms National Park where base stations are few and far between, it is a area of several built up areas in the land mass.

Do we also know what mobile network ? Cornerstone & MBNL joint ventures both serve all the big 4 (and their resellers) and obviously Cornerstone/MBNL serve base stations on/from sites only for both their 2 owners.

Thanks for posting that Scorpio. Says it all really with great aplomb as usual.

With the limited mobile network data, it has been public about the odds of the refuse truck & signal leaving BSE, but what about data prior ? A mobile jumps base station transmitters esp in built up areas, what has been made public about the route the truck took up to Waitrose etc and did C mobile ping off any base stations near that collection ? Surely the signal must have bounced between base stations as the refuse truck navigated itself. Its not the Cairngorms National Park where base stations are few and far between, it is a area of several built up areas in the land mass.

Do we also know what mobile network ? Cornerstone & MBNL joint ventures both serve all the big 4 (and their resellers) and obviously Cornerstone/MBNL serve base stations on/from sites only for both their 2 owners.
Have you ever been to East Anglia?

Given N's comments in the Q & A about what would happen if the rubbish has been through the incinerator my guess is that it hasn't. As far as we know the BL parked up on the Sat night and the contents were dumped during the week once the LF was open.

I can't imagine the police are searching piles of ash

JMO

We do which mobile network it is but my mind has gone blank. if you look back at the work Midsummer did on previosu threads there is loads of info on masts etc

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dad-missing-raf-gunner-corrie-10045241

He continued: "The way in which the Suffolk police have conducted this investigation, and the order in which they prioritised their searches, has and continues to be logical and professional. Trisha and I have been privy to a great deal of information during the course of this investigation that has not been made public since Corrie disappeared, and there were several important leads the police had to follow before this one as priorities.

"Now, if Trisha and I had at any time felt, even for a moment, that the landfill site should have been searched sooner based on the information that was available at the time, then we would have been the first to say this to them, and shared those sentiments with you. But this was not the case.

"And for those who have sought to mislead the public to make people think otherwise, and openly criticised the efforts of the Suffolk police, I can tell you as Corrie's father that they should not have done this. The lies have to stop."
What's with the over unobjective attitude towards SP ?

If you read my post correctly it said N being a officer is in much more a professional mind set than MM - a ex bin man who has no professional police experience or compass. Has his wife Trisha served either ? N knows procedure and has question many things she should have. That is no slant on MM or his wife, if you don't know differently or have the knowledge how can you question.

Again your unobjective view of SP comes into play, dismissing a mother & serving officer by re-quoting a father with no professional police experience.

One thing that perplexes me is "the lies have to stop" ? What lies ?

If that relates to public opinion on SP then the substance to shut that down as such should have came from N herself as a serving experienced officer (who has questioned SP and pushed continually SP) but N did not do that statement, neither is there any comment N in part or full that she supports her ex partners statement.

The tension this must be putting on a ex partnership probably already strained before C going missing cannot be easy for either party, but MM is almost dismissing N and her experience of police matters with praise of SP when all along N has questioned things, perhaps confusing his personal experience of N with professional police experience N.

It will be interesting if N publically supports fully or part of MM statement, dismisses or says nothing, because her past interviews/statements do not point to anywhere near the same opinion as MM. So are SP leading MM down the garden path ? N (through work) would know if they even tried, MM would not so much so, SP even reinforcing MM personal experience/opinion of N to show SP in better light than N has done previously. Manipulation.

I look forward to any future statement from N herself and its content, or lack of.

Is this the first time his father has made such a statement? I haven't really heard much from him in the media as it is always dominated by his mum.

While I still have some reservations I have to agree with the dad on the criticism of the police being unhelpful.

Have you ever been to East Anglia?

I have been all over the UK, but I did not takes notes of every transmitter I ever seen, but I know how land mass and base stations & different frequencies are used in different terrain. Preferable the lower the mobile frequency used the longer it travels (800Mhz) in sparse areas, 1800/2100/2600Mhz (as BT/EE use) in built up areas, so its not just about tracing usage data, pings & base station connections but the hardware and frequencies used on identified base stations a mobile transmitted data with. Their is simple triangulation data from a network, then there is more specific triangulation data.

Is this the first time his father has made such a statement? I haven't really heard much from him in the media as it is always dominated by his mum.

While I still have some reservations I have to agree with the dad on the criticism of the police being unhelpful.

Martin McKeague has made considered and informative (also emotional of course) statements on his own public facebook page over these months. These are not copied here in accordance with TOS. Fortunately this last communication has been printed in MSM.

Are you privy to the inner workings of the police investigation? If you are not, you're just pontificating from a position of ignorance.

Would it be safe to say that the criticism of the police has been drummed up via social media and the general media from a certain source?

I'm not really sure what you mean TF. Everyone loves to have a pop at public service these days. In this case it is too soon to judge especially, when we don't have all the facts, whereas MM and NU do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member