UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a walk at lunchtime to get away from Websleuths and the cases I've been following as they're all frustrating me.

Only to find that the building behind my workplace was receiving a delivery of several new Biffa bins out of the back of a lorry. :banghead: :banghead:

So, I'm back to keep reading the thread. :coffeews:

I didn't know you could drive in or out up Looms? What cams are up that way? Just the CSC one?

Sorry, no idea on cameras. Couldn't tell you where a single one is in BSE other than those mentioned in this case. Usually walking round town and don't look.

Been out all day so just catching up with all the posts now. I meant that it was possible to drive up Brentgovel (past McDonalds) to the HS. It looks possible on google maps street view but after reading the posts I'm assuming there are things blocking the street now which are not showing on street view? That would mean the only access for the lorry would have been by SB, is that right?

Think we've confused ourselves here, Coach! Too many one-way streets - literally and figuratively.

Yes, you're right, you can drive up the side of McDonalds to access the horseshoe.

The street furniture is the other side of the horseshoe, where C was seen entering on cctv.

Think we've confused ourselves here, Coach! Too many one-way streets - literally and figuratively.

Yes, you're right, you can drive up the side of McDonalds to access the horseshoe.

The street furniture is the other side of the horseshoe, where C was seen entering on cctv.

Thanks, that's what I thought. When I went into street view and followed the arrow it took me right down Brentovel past McDonalds and it definitely looks possible to be able to drive up there to the HS. You can see the signs at the end of the road and it shows that lorries are allowed access to unload and load. When I read the posts earlier on about furniture etc I thought the street view wasn't up to date. I def think the lorry had two options to access the HS. I guess the Police will know which route it took if it was captured on CCTV which I assume it was. If the lorry drove up SB it then has a tighter turn to go head first into Brentgovel then an easier reverse more or less straight back to the bins. If the lorry drove up Brentgovel then it would have turned right head first into SB then it would have had to reverse back to the bins at a trickier angle. Whichever way he went, it def would have involved a reverse. If those cars in street view were parked there, it would have made the reverse more tricky, even more so to a driver who hadn't done the pick up before. If you follow the street view right down SB it looks tight on the bend, parked cars etc. The easiest for the lorry would have been to drive up Brentgovel to the HS but the reverse back to the bins would have been more difficult.

attachment.php
Went out for a *advertiser censored* at work tonight and with the night's drawing in. Suddenly I could see the recycling bin. This is my area

Attachments

• 20170313_153322.jpg
    20170313_153322.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 298
I didn't take this picture on the huh lol, neither have it been saved on the huh but somehow it has uploaded on the huh lol

This is an interesting link, it looks like the cab has a camera - this man was only saved when the driver noticed him on the monitor. I wonder if they have these monitors in all of their lorries or only some of them and if the driver has to be back inside the can too watch it. Surely if the lorry had this device on it SP would have checked it all throrougly. I suppose even with this surveillance if a driver is not watching it (texting, having a cigarette - even thought they are not supposed to) then someone in a bin being tipped into the lorry old easily be missed. I wonder if the device actually records and stores data or if it is only a camera, a bit like a reversing camera.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/homeless-man-sleeping-recycling-bin-7491750

Does Biffa sub-contract in other firms? Is there any possibility the lorry was a sub being operated for Biffa?

Earlier tonight I took our two paper recycling household bins side by side. One was about a 1/4 full with only paper and cardboard and the other one was empty. I asked my daughter who is 11yrs old and weighs 39kgs if she would help me carry out an experiment by climbing into the bin. She couldn't wait to get inside and after she climbed into it, I moved the other bin first and then I moved the one with my daughter in it. Needless to say, the bin with my daughter was MUCH harder to move. Corrie weighed how much, about 85kgs? The bin would have felt really heavy to move in comparison to the normal weight of it.

It's interesting how this case gets under our skin to the point that we are carrying out our own experiments.
My son was playing with his new birthday present - a Lego bin truck demonstrating to me the pride of his built toy "it picks up the bin like this, takes it over here and empties it out" looking into his blue eyes and blond hair I just felt real sadness for Corrie.

It's interesting how this case gets under our skin to the point that we are carrying out our own experiments.
My son was playing with his new birthday present - a Lego bin truck demonstrating to me the pride of his built toy "it picks up the bin like this, takes it over here and empties it out" looking into his blue eyes and blond hair I just felt real sadness for Corrie.

Considering a Lego city reconstruction and quoting myself - I've definitely been here too long!

Wouldn't the police have an exact timing of how long the bin lorry was in the HS as on cctv. Assuming the cctv runs 24hours? Also from the cctv isn't it possible that they would've had a fairly clear view of the passenger side. Although i suppose not the drivers side.
Perhaps the driver thought that he hit C if he was on the ground injured or choked when he might have died beforehand.

I have just read a Scottish Sun article from Sunday evening that says N is still hoping C is alive. I don't think it is on here so can somebody link it on here for people to read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee