UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's not found there then it's back to the H/s and the beginning again I guess.

If he's not found there then it's back to the H/s and the beginning again I guess.
Funny men in the middle of nowhere allegedly trying to set light to a car with foreign plates. (no explanation of why they would do this or how they were then going to get out of the middle of nowhere)

Just covering all permutations!

He has to be found, doesn't he? Mum, dad, police, MIS, Tony all think he's there and they know more than we do. They will know how that lorry got there and when, which route it took, and how many more loads were left there before it was sealed. Honestly, I thought once they took off the topsoil he'd be easy to locate. 6 foot man in pink and white. What the hell?
You have to consider the fact that CM may have been compressed and possibly chopped up by the bin lorry in which case he wouldn't be six foot anymore. The police have to go through all the waste very slowly to ensure they don't miss anything. If they were rushing through the search we'd likely hear complaints it wasn't being done correctly.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

You have to consider the fact that CM may have been compressed and possibly chopped up by the bin lorry in which case he wouldn't be six foot anymore. The police have to go through all the waste very slowly to ensure they don't miss anything. If they were rushing through the search we'd likely hear complaints it wasn't being done correctly.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

My impression is that it's compacted rather than chopped. I believe previous deaths (or lucky escapes) have mainly been attributed to head and chest injuries consistent with the crushing mechanism.

Could be wrong. Not that he will be intact after 6 months lying in rubbish anyway. Makes me feel sick that he might have been there all this time. Initially I hoped he wouldn't be there, now I'm desperate for him to be found asap and hope this search was the right thing to do.

Hi all, I've been following this tthread for a while now, how frustrating each day that passes and he's not found.
I have my doubts that he's actually in the landfill and think he could have been picked up in one of the cars that were there that night, or he could of gone somewhere and even self harmed, he didn't look happy in that last cctv pic of him.
I just hope his family get some answers soon, I think it's understandable his mom is lashing out, it's grief, even if it is directed at the wrong people

As Shire said the Police are professional and wont engage in a slagging match. It will be matter of fact statements.

Does anyone think that N frequent comments in the media is helping? The media are hanging on every word that the family say, some are people are using it to bash the police. The SM comments are very critical of the police.
Judging by comments on the msm articles, many are supportive of the police as they go about the unenviable task of sifting through tons of rubbish under appalling conditions. N's comments seem ill timed and would have been best left until after the landfill search I would have thought.The Media is a Fickle Beast....time will tell.

Cs phone was on the BSE mast from 01.10 to 04.19 yet the bin lorry arrived at 04.20 and left 4 mins later. So as ReallyOdd has said this does not tie up with the bin lorry. It is likely C left the H/s quite soon as no one saw him so I agree he possibly went somewhere in a vehicle in BSE around 03.30 then left for Mildenhall at 04.15 or thereabouts. If the one other vehicle matches these earlier times then it would explain why it is still under investigation. What I do not understand is why SP and family are so sure C is in landfill at Milton.

Cs phone was on the BSE mast from 01.10 to 04.19 yet the bin lorry arrived at 04.20 and left 4 mins later. So as ReallyOdd has said this does not tie up with the bin lorry. It is likely C left the H/s quite soon as no one saw him so I agree he possibly went somewhere in a vehicle in BSE around 03.30 then left for Mildenhall at 04.15 or thereabouts. If the one other vehicle matches these earlier times then it would explain why it is still under investigation. What I do not understand is why SP and family are so sure C is in landfill at Milton.
I like reading your posts Shire, they are always well written, thought about, factual and thought provoking ... and I have to agree totally with you, why are they so sure that C is in landfill. I do understand that the police can not release all info, but so many discussions on here just going round and round in circles, some are almost guesswork, as we all try and tie the facts of what WE KNOW to what could have happened.

Are they sure he is in the landfill or is it more they have removed the myth that the bin weighed 11 kg which made the landfill impossible? the other absolute is he could not walk out of the HS unobserved by cctv. They have yet to dispel that assumption publicly. Now we hear the bin weighted 10 times that, or is that just an assumption too? There is really only a few reasonable possibilities, and if they bin weighed over 200 lbs, then C was most likely in it, by his own action or by the actions of others. I hope he is on some beach pondering life, but I think he is in the landfill. My first belief was he made it out of the HS on foot unobserved and was in a nearby field due to an accident...but now the simplest conclusion is he was in the bin. I can understand the mother's feelings. I share some of them.

Anyone know exactly where the bin was weighed...has that info been released to the public?

One of the garages near us has those red Biffa bins. When I was in the other day I was parked right beside them, they don't look so big when you are up close compared to the photos. Someone 6ft would have to be pretty hunched up to sleep in one.

One of the garages near us has those red Biffa bins. When I was in the other day I was parked right beside them, they don't look so big when you are up close compared to the photos. Someone 6ft would have to be pretty hunched up to sleep in one.

Very hunched up, they are quite small when you see them in real life

it's always bothered me the fact that he went to that doorway to eat and sleep when the bus station was just around the corner from the take away in the other direction, it would have been quiet with nice benches to sit and sleep on instead of a doorway with people walking past ,

it's always bothered me the fact that he went to that doorway to eat and sleep when the bus station was just around the corner from the take away in the other direction, it would have been quiet with nice benches to sit and sleep on instead of a doorway with people walking past ,

I'm not convinced that he intended to sleep, rather that he just dozed off like drunks often do. But I agree that it would be more natural to look for a proper seat to sit down comfortably and eat. He had quite a lot to eat, too. So perhaps he had a purpose in taking the direction he did.

I've posted this before - there's a bench outside Greggs right opposite the Hughes doorway. I know where I'd rather sit and eat.

To this point I think we can say this is was the result of a misfortunate accident. I think Corrie was inside the bin with his celphone and was crushed to death when the bin lorry collected. I think he was freezing and quite confused (drunk enough to sleep 2hs exposed on a doorway, that's way too drunk to think rationally) and decided to sleep inside a bin. At the findcorrie site, there is a faq and in that faq is stated that this behaviour (sleeping on the streets) was common for him.

This became such bizarre mystery for me in the first place because the original claims that the bin was only carryng little weight, but this was proven to be incorrect information. If I am right, his remains will be found at the landfill, but sadly, too much time passed since his demise and it may be imposible to determine CoD.

There has been so many examples in the past of people crawling inside a bin to get some sleep after a wild night that I'm positive this is, sadly, the most logical explanation. IMO

I seem to recall many threads ago someone (Midsummer?) said that Corrie, being military, would have chosen the doorway rather than a bench so as not to leave his back vulnerable.

Also, many bus stations attract homeless rough sleepers when there are no buses coming and going. He would probably not have wanted to risk having to deal with druggies and people with mental health problems.

I seem to recall many threads ago someone (Midsummer?) said that Corrie, being military, would have chosen the doorway rather than a bench so as not to leave his back vulnerable.

Also, many bus stations attract homeless rough sleepers when there are no buses coming and going. He would probably not have wanted to risk having to deal with druggies and people with mental health problems.

But if he was thinking that rationally then why "Climb in a dirty _____ bin" I just don't get it.
Also I've been out late night drinking in Leeds in September many many times and I don't recall it ever been freezing up here especially with him been more down south as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member