UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've got to a point now where,as outsiders, we can't be sure of any of the "facts"There seems to be a lot of double standards here, most of the time the DM gets a slating, people don't believe what they print yet suddenly today it's assumed by most that what MM says is true even though it's been published by the DM. I don't understand that, IMO it seems that because he's choosed to stay silent until now he must be right and NU must be worng.I haven't always been NU's greatest suppporter but there are 2 grown adult men who have clearly choosen to side with her (for want of a better word), the press conference seems to have been the final straw but it doesn't make sense that it was the only factor. We have to remember that this happened when C had only been missing for a few days, no one knew what was going to happen so no stress of living in hell for 6 months to factor in. IMO there must be longer standing familly issues that are none of our business and I feel very sorry for them all that it's become so publicJMo
The family chose to make this public. We have heard very little from MM in comparison to Nicola, but MM gave this interview, just as Nicola has given hundreds of interviews, and answered questions in the manner of her choosing. He has done likewise, answered in the manner of his choosing. What he has stated in the Daily Mail, was questioned here for months and as Scorpio stated, there were sleuths here, who knew that C attended Marnham each week and that it treated depression. TW stated very publicly as soon as C was missing, that he was depressed and this was then denied by Nicola. For me personally, it's not a case of believing what MM is stating over what N is stating, it's that he is as entitled to his views just as Nicola is. He is also confirming, much of what was raised and retracted by N and TW IMO. Whatever issues are going on between them as a family, and I mean with the boys and between ex wife and ex husband, the facts are, that there was information given, then denied in Qand A and many TV interviews. Nothing wrong in that so long as it did not hamper an investigation, and only SP know whether it did or not, and they are quite rightly, saying nothing, as a professional police force, handling a live investigation. MM is blowing his top now, in my view. He has stayed in the background, supported SP all the way, and he is setting the record straight, as he sees it, rightly or wrongly. Why would he state these things now, at this time, if they weren't true? It's not a question of taking sides, for me, it's dealing with facts and only SP, know all the facts, and under these circumstances have done well, to manage thus far, with such public condemnation and scrutiny many times, in such a high profile case, led by one side of the family. Now there is confirmation from his father, that he was being treated for depression, and may, or may not have implications, but this was vehemently denied until now. I now wonder, could he have known someone, who was also being treated for issues, and could anyone he knew have had access to Focus 12, for example. So yes, I agree with MM, that some things may have hampered the investigation, but only SP know this, and I believe MM does not issue anything to the Press, without SP knowing. I feel deep sympathy for any parent and family, whose child is missing, and each member of each family handles things differently, it's how we areMOO

The family chose to make this public. We have heard very little from MM in comparison to Nicola, but MM gave this interview, just as Nicola has given hundreds of interviews, and answered questions in the manner of her choosing. He has done likewise, answered in the manner of his choosing. What he has stated in the Daily Mail, was questioned here for months and as Scorpio stated, there were sleuths here, who knew that C attended Marnham each week and that it treated depression. TW stated very publicly as soon as C was missing, that he was depressed and this was then denied by Nicola. For me personally, it's not a case of believing what MM is stating over what N is stating, it's that he is as entitled to his views just as Nicola is. He is also confirming, much of what was raised and retracted by N and TW IMO. Whatever issues are going on between them as a family, and I mean with the boys and between ex wife and ex husband, the facts are, that there was information given, then denied in Qand A and many TV interviews. Nothing wrong in that so long as it did not hamper an investigation, and only SP know whether it did or not, and they are quite rightly, saying nothing, as a professional police force, handling a live investigation. MM is blowing his top now, in my view, he has stayed in the background, supported SP all the way, and he has had enough. Why would he state these things now, at this time, if they weren't true? It's not a question of taking sides, for me, it's dealing with facts and only SP, know all the facts, and under these circumstances have done well, to manage thus far, with such public condemnation and scrutiny many times, in such a high profile case, led by one side of the family. Now there is confirmation from his father that he was being treated for depression, and may or may not have implications but this was vehemently denied until now. I now wonder could he have known someone, who was also being treated for issues, and could anyone he knew have had access to Focus 12, for example, so yes, I agree with MM, some things may have hampered the investigation but only SP know this and I believe MM does not issue anything to the Press without SP knowing. I feel deep sympathy for any parent and family, whose child is missing, and each member of each family handles things differently, it's how we areMOO
JMO but I think Nicola just didn't want all of C's circumstances to be public knowledge and hence the denials. No mother would want to tell the world such personal things about their son or daughter. As she denied it from the start she could only carry it on and perhaps in the early days she thought C would be back and the last thing he would need is for everyone to know everything.

I too thought of Focus 12, as that would be, it would seem, so easy. I also thought about a man that was found on or near the north coast shortly after C disappeared and who didn't want for anyone to be told who he was and where he was. Other things have come to mind of a similar nature, but are unlikely as I am sure the police would not undertake such a search of the landfill as they are, unless it was absolutely necessary and I am sure they would be informed if C was known to be elsewhere.

It must be sheer hell for the whole family on both sides and I can only hope that they get some answers soon that they desperately need. Only then, can they begin to put their lives back together in some way, albeit with having to deal with what happened to their son/brother/grandson.

The Colin Davey part is quite interesting in that he might feel guilty if CM got booted out of his nightclub for being steaming drunk.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The Colin Davey part is quite interesting in that he might feel guilty if CM got booted out of his nightclub for being steaming drunk.Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
He felt guilty that the circumstances Corrie found himself in, led to him going missing. I can see why he would want to help, by giving the reward money, but I personally feel, they got carried away with the Top The Lot adverts for signing up. But that's just me. Again, different ways of handling situations and N had hardly time to think, I would imagine, just by what she was achieving on a day to day basis. Different coping mechanisms. MOO.

He felt guilty that the circumstances Corrie found himself in, led to him going missing. I can see why he would want to help, by giving the reward money, but I personally feel, they got carried away with the Top The Lot adverts for signing up. But that's just me. Again, different ways of handling situations and N had hardly time to think, I would imagine, just by what she was achieving on a day to day basis. Different coping mechanisms. MOO.

From Davey's perspective he might have genuinely thought he was doing N a favour. I think people like that (a certain type of businessperson) just has a different way of looking at things, and to him it may have just seemed an ideal quid pro quo arrangement, similar to any business giving a small amount of a purchase price to charity. It's unlikely (m)any of those signups who went there because of the promised donation for Corrie ever stayed on the site, so the low conversion rate wouldn't benefit him a great deal, the only real benefit would be in the gross number of 'players' getting inflated by these sign-ups.

I'm saying if it was right or wrong, only that different people have different ways of seeing things and his way of seeing things will have developed along a certain way due to his entrepeneurial involvements, and it might be difficult for other people to comprehend that mindset and have sympathy with it...and Martin is apparently one who doesn't get it, which will be a quite common and valid feeling. Nicola has basically said that if it could help support her fight to find her son then she doesn't care...and I find that also to be perfectly valid.

And another strange twist; flex nightclub is/was owned by Colin davey. Purely coincidental IMO but this case just gets stranger. I believe mm as he is so desperate. Sleeping in his camper to be close to the site. I also feel though that nu may have been mis-advised by the very shady Colin.
I had forgotten about that. It is strange.

Woke up convinced they had found Corrie, jumped out of bed and legged it for a coffee and wifi and to say I'm saddened they haven't found him is an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woke up convinced they had found Corrie, jumped out of bed and legged it for a coffee and wifi and to say I'm saddened they haven't found him is an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious. Where did you think he had been?

I can understand N not giving everything out to the public but did she really keep it from the police?

I can understand N not giving everything out to the public but did she really keep it from the police?
I don't think she kept if from police as when Forces TV? interviewed the woman heading the enquiry she said they knew about all his SM etc accounts. She had a knowing grin on her face as she said it.

if he is not found in the landfill I suspect N will be saying that sp did not do the search corect and will be asking for it to be searched a second time as she has no trust in sp to do anything , IMO

I think you could well be right, I don't think she's thinking straight, so much stress and worry which is natural. A second search would be in her thoughts as she has no confidence in SP and now this has spread like wildfire on the fb page.

You certainly did. Everyone is changing their opinion now from awol to suicide. The landfill is on its way out and incineration is what N thinks now. I can't follow some of it myself tbh.

Im struggling to find out where N got the information from that the 'pick up' was incinerated. I thought I read somewhere way back that the sorting/incineration place was full and that's why bin lorry went onto LF.

There are are so many stories, reports out there that it's no wonder I am confused.

I think you could well be right, I don't think she's thinking straight, so much stress and worry which is natural. A second search would be in her thoughts as she has no confidence in SP and now this has spread like wildfire on the fb page.
Lets get the first search over first. Still another month of that to go, assuming he is not found, that is. I will be very surprised if he is not found as that seems to be the one thing SP, NU & MM do actually agree on that he is there.
Eta. If it comes up negative then surely the other vehicle or the old guy or the F12 connection or the other gf would all be logical leads to pursue IMO.

Thankfully I've never been in that situation but would expect the police found out everything there is to know about C's lifestyle though they would not make it public unless absolutely necessary. I doubt there was any chance of N keeping something back from them - more likely the opposite scenario in fact..

MM also mentions C was not allowed on exercises where live ammo was used. Does anyone know of a scenario in the armed forces where this has happened before? What would be the reasoning behind this? E.g. a worry that a person could harm themself or others perhaps?

Yes, my brother in law was in the army and they took his gun away due to depression and suicide thought's

I think we've got to a point now where,as outsiders, we can't be sure of any of the "facts"

There seems to be a lot of double standards here, most of the time the DM gets a slating, people don't believe what they print yet suddenly today it's assumed by most that what MM says is true even though it's been published by the DM. I don't understand that, IMO it seems that because he's choosed to stay silent until now he must be right and NU must be worng.
From the outset MM has conducted himself in a humble and dignified manner. Apart from the occasional supportive comment about the SP investigation, he has distanced himself from the media circus and stayed quiet. I have no reason to doubt him and believe his only wish is to get the truth out there and find his son. The article, for which he received no payment, I believe was factual and informative. Just to add, I do feel there is something strange about this case and nothing would surprise me.

Yes, my brother in law was in the army and they took his gun away due to depression and suicide thought's
Right so it is probably if/when someone is diagnosed that would happen pretty much automatically as a safeguard.

[FONT=&amp]“If anyone could come back in two weeks, three weeks time and say ‘you won’t guess what happened’ it’s him.”....NU...... six months on, does anyone think this could still happen? [/FONT]

Why would N lie about Corrie knowing about the pregnancy? I totally understand why they kept it a secret for so long and am fine with that but I really don't get why she would claim he did not know about the baby.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member