UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens to the bins that get a red label put on them because the contents are wrong ?

Personally I don't really mind how much it costs as long as what is being done is being done properly and all avenues explored and all missing people treated the same. If I previously offended you for any reason apologies :fence:
no probs i thought you were lolling at my comment and didn't know why. I do mind how much they spend as it doesn't seen fair on the others IMO. Re the McCann case - that should stop now IMO.

Not collected. The owner of the rubbish is supposed to resort it until it meets requirements.

Did anyone see the update from his dad saying the searchers are finding letters from around that date C went missing and that they are getting in the right place? I thought as they hadn't found anything he wasn't there but if they're only now getting into the right place I feel sick with nerves all over again :(
Yes, really odd mentioned it first thing and we've bin discussing recycling and how long search will take. Hopefully not much longer now.

What a pity that wasn't done with the bin that it is thought to have had C inside it?

Interesting poll results thanks Cagney.

It was the general waste bin so there is no need for a sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any links to prove it was a general waste bin? I always thought it was a recycling bin that happened to be treated like general waste.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

They originally said it was recycling from Greggs but it got changed to 'household' refuse.

"They" = Nicola if I remember correctly. I think it's just imprecise use of language. It couldn't possibly have been household waste as there are no households there, only commercial bins.

My thoughts were that possibly the lorry should have collected paper recycling, but emptied a general waste bin by mistake. I think it's been said that it wasn't the regular driver, so that might increase the chance of error.

It was the general waste bin so there is no need for a sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was tongue in cheek comment really. Whatever type of waste, it isn't meant for people so should have had a red sticker, then it would have been sorted and C found -in an ideal world of course.

But if the person had moved and just chucked everything out property/business. There would be a procedure for this for a special collection

"They" = Nicola if I remember correctly. I think it's just imprecise use of language. It couldn't possibly have been household waste as there are no households there, only commercial bins.

My thoughts were that possibly the lorry should have collected paper recycling, but emptied a general waste bin by mistake. I think it's been said that it wasn't the regular driver, so that might increase the chance of error.

Bins have the same colour body (red) and are distinguished by the colour of the lid (black = general waste, red = recycling); it's also written on the bin whether it's general waste or recyclables. It might not have been the regular driver, but Biffa worker would know the difference. Has driver been given the incorrect info on what to collect?

Bins have the same colour body (red) and are distinguished by the colour of the lid (black = general waste, red = recycling); it's also written on the bin whether it's general waste or recyclables. It might not have been the regular driver, but Biffa worker would know the difference. Has driver been given the incorrect info on what to collect?

No idea, it's just a suggestion as people can be careless. Colours can also be deceiving in the dark under artificial light, and it's surprisingly common for people (especially men) to have trouble in distinguishing certain colours. (Just speaking from my own experience there)

Your right Cherwell. The number of times I've mixed my blue and green bins up....! ( and I'm female)

OK So I will be brave and say no matter what sort of bin, If that is where Corrie ended up the questions are quite simply why and how did he end up there. The answers are quite simple
He choose to take a nap in a bin or he was put there.

I personally don't see Corrie getting into a bin unless he was put there or hid which both amount to the same thing. If he was put there he was hidden, If he climbed in he was hiding which = avoiding someone or something.

Alternatively he has quite simply done a runner (reasons unknown) and a damn sight more switched on than people give him credit for. I sincerely hope it is the later and like many I don't want him to found at the landfill site although reality suggests he may be.

KR R

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-corrie-mckeagues-mum-says-10217187

I still can't work out the total over all search tonnage , so it must be under 2000 tonnes as they have done over 800 tones and are past the half way point , has it ever been said what the total search tones actually is as I thort it was around 8000 tonnes at the start but that can't be right it must be a lot less , IMO,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-corrie-mckeagues-mum-says-10217187

I still can't work out the total over all search tonnage , so it must be under 2000 tonnes as they have done over 800 tones and are past the half way point , has it ever been said what the total search tones actually is as I thort it was around 8000 tonnes at the start but that can't be right it must be a lot less , IMO,
I think you got that figure as it was reported that 8000 tons had to be moved to make the area safe to work in. The amount of waste they need to sift through has only ever been reported by depth and size of the area rather than it's weight.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

IMO I think that the chance of him now being found in the landfill are getting less likely at this stage of the search , so I'm back to the vehicles , I just don't trust that they even know exactly what bin was collected that morning and what it's normal average weight would have been, IMO

IMO I think that the chance of him now being found in the landfill are getting less likely at this stage of the search , so I'm back to the vehicles , I just don't trust that they even know exactly what bin was collected that morning and what it's normal average weight would have been, IMO

I'd say the opposite, the further down the LF they get the more likley they are to find something

IMO they have so far been searching through rubbish that was dumped after 24 Sep and will now be getting nearer to the waste from that weekend

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member