UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The radio interview was interesting, particularly as Nicola said it was initially thought that the Greggs bin was recyclables only, but it turned out it wasn't and was 'mixed household' rubbish. That being the case, could it not have held some heavy stuff that could account for the extra weight? She also says that the phone was the only evidence they had, which, like Shiressleuth says, I wonder about those phone pings. Then again, with heavier stuff in the Greggs bin, the phone maybe there, but not C.

If C was going to disappear voluntarily, he wouldn't keep the phone and could have gone into the HS to put the phone in a bin. There's still several vehicles to be accounted for and if they are so certain that he is in LF, perhaps because they have intelligence to say he is, why have they not yet been discounted?

I don't think we know how often the Greggs non-recyclables are picked up.

IMO if it's every day there's no way they would generate 15 stone of rubbish and even it it's (say) twice a week it's a huge amount.

IMO a normal branch of greggs is going to be throwing away packaging, contents of the shop bin for customers maybe and some out of date pasties, what else might they have? Is it likely that someone was using their bin illegally to dump rubbish after hours?

IF the second bin weight is correct I can totally see why the police and family are now sure C's in the LF.

Until we knew about the weight error I never thought C had been in the bin lorry but I can't see another conclusion now sadly.

JMO

I don't think we know how often the Greggs non-recyclables are picked up.

IMO if it's every day there's no way they would generate 15 stone of rubbish and even it it's (say) twice a week it's a huge amount.

IMO a normal branch of greggs is going to be throwing away packaging, contents of the shop bin for customers maybe and some out of date pasties, what else might they have? Is it likely that someone was using their bin illegally to dump rubbish after hours?

IF the second bin weight is correct I can totally see why the police and family are now sure C's in the LF.

Until we knew about the weight error I never thought C had been in the bin lorry but I can't see another conclusion now sadly.

JMO
Well why do you think they have found neither C, his phone or even the Greggs rubbish? I think LE need to speak to the bin lorry driver and dispatcher again. Maybe there has been another "mistake" ?

The radio interview was interesting, particularly as Nicola said it was initially thought that the Greggs bin was recyclables only, but it turned out it wasn't and was 'mixed household' rubbish.

Perhaps I'm being too pedantic, but again she has said "household" rubbish when it has to have been commercial rubbish. There are no households in the area, it is all commercial bins there. Just proves that she is not very precise in what she says, so things can easily get misreported or garbled. I think we can only trust what we hear directly from the police. Also bearing in mind that the police may not be telling her everything.

Could the unidentified vehicle still to be traced be important ? I don't know how to equate the excess bin weight with an as yet unidentified vehicle leaving the same area. Could C have been in that vehicle and the heavy bin didn't contain C? Maybe it contained a rough sleeper? Bit of a wild thought I suppose.

I linked to this article a few days ago http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/i-cant-bring-myself-remove-10282794 that has a screenshot of a post by Nicola. I cannot copy it over, but in it she writes :-

"Although other enquiries are still ongoing the other vehicle in the horseshoe after the bin lorry has still not been ruled out but the search is taking absolute precedence. Details were passed weeks ago to police to try to assist with the final identification police are asking for, they have not completed their enquiries as yet."

I thought that all the vehicles had been identified and traced. (TW hinted that one was connected with USAF personnel.)
I think she is talking about two separate things there.

"Details were passed weeks ago to police to try to assist with the final identification police are asking for"

As far as I'm aware, "the final identification police are asking for" is the man seen on CCTV at McDonalds.

I thought that all the vehicles had been identified and traced. (TW hinted that one was connected with USAF personnel.)
I think she is talking about two separate things there.

"Details were passed weeks ago to police to try to assist with the final identification police are asking for"

As far as I'm aware, "the final identification police are asking for" is the man seen on CCTV at McDonalds.
I think there are still too many uncertainties here and if the LF search comes up negative it will have been a wild goose chase and waste of police resources IMO.

Could the unidentified vehicle still to be traced be important ? I don't know how to equate the excess bin weight with an as yet unidentified vehicle leaving the same area. Could C have been in that vehicle and the heavy bin didn't contain C? Maybe it contained a rough sleeper? Bit of a wild thought I suppose.

Just imagine if they find a body at the landfill, and it's somebody else's. :eek:hoh:

Just imagine if they find a body at the landfill, and it's somebody else's. :eek:hoh:

Cherwell!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I find this all very confusing.

The real weight of the bin was always what it was.
The mistake was made when someone told LE it was very little.
Next they find out it was in fact a lot more, and the difference between real weight and wrong weight is enough to include Corrie.

However, the reason a company has a huge bin in the first place, is because they have a lot of garbage anyway. But somehow you get the impression that the actual weight was a lot more than the usual - so why do they need the big container?

His phone apparently travelled the track of the lorry. I am not so sure that you can conclude that If Corrie was in the back of that lorry too, that must have been because of the weight.

Plus, I still find it hard to believe that Corrie would have gone into that bin of his own free will, given what he was wearing. White pants, pink shirt. Clothes he wore when he went cruising.

I hope they find him. But if they do not, I won't be surprised either.

However, the reason a company has a huge bin in the first place, is because they have a lot of garbage anyway. But somehow you get the impression that the actual weight was a lot more than the usual - so why do they need the big container?

Some kinds of waste can take up a lot of space without weighing very much - cardboard and polystyrene packaging for instance.

His phone apparently travelled the track of the lorry. I am not so sure that you can conclude that If Corrie was in the back of that lorry too, that must have been because of the weight.

I agree. I'd love to know if the police have other information that indicates that.

Plus, I still find it hard to believe that Corrie would have gone into that bin of his own free will, given what he was wearing. White pants, pink shirt. Clothes he wore when he went cruising.

Here I disagree. I've seen a lot of people argue that he took great pride in his appearance, was immaculately dressed, etc. Now that may be so at the start of the evening, but he certainly looks a dishevelled crumpled mess by the end. He's already eaten greasy food, sat and lain down on a filthy shop doorway, and he was clearly drunk enough not to care by then. Just look at the way he staggered through the group of people outside The Grapes, forcing them to step back to avoid him. His clothes would have been very creased and dirty by the time he woke up, so why worry? They'd wash.

Well why do you think they have found neither C, his phone or even the Greggs rubbish? I think LE need to speak to the bin lorry driver and dispatcher again. Maybe there has been another "mistake" ?

I think they haven't found these things yet simply because the search area is huge, I don't know if this link has been posted before, I found in interesting and although it's a US link I think it's likely that all sites are similar

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/landfill6.htm

It says that each cell is 2,500 tons, even if the LF cells here are smaller we're talking of days worth of searching to clear each one (iirc they are doing around 100 tons per day, correct me if that's wrong) .

I'd hope they've been keeping in contact with all the key people throughout the search

Perhaps I'm being too pedantic, but again she has said "household" rubbish when it has to have been commercial rubbish. There are no households in the area, it is all commercial bins there. Just proves that she is not very precise in what she says, so things can easily get misreported or garbled. I think we can only trust what we hear directly from the police. Also bearing in mind that the police may not be telling her everything.

I agree, N isn't always accurate in the way she speaks. I think she using "household" as the opposite of recyclables when it obvously isn't the right word. I suppose she doesn't think it's important but maybe if she'd been a bit more enquiring about the nature of the waste and the process it went through we might have got to the search more quickly

JMO

Some kinds of waste can take up a lot of space without weighing very much - cardboard and polystyrene packaging for instance.

I agree. I'd love to know if the police have other information that indicates that.

Here I disagree. I've seen a lot of people argue that he took great pride in his appearance, was immaculately dressed, etc. Now that may be so at the start of the evening, but he certainly looks a dishevelled crumpled mess by the end. He's already eaten greasy food, sat and lain down on a filthy shop doorway, and he was clearly drunk enough not to care by then. Just look at the way he staggered through the group of people outside The Grapes, forcing them to step back to avoid him. His clothes would have been very creased and dirty by the time he woke up, so why worry? They'd wash.

There would be his car to consider I guess. Can't wash a car on the inside that easily. (Experience speaks, from the time when the dog was sick on both ends.) Now if he usually slept in bins on a night out, that would be a different story. I haven't followed everything in detail, and I may have missed it, but I do not recall that this was something he used to do.

There is of course a first time for everything and he does look very drunk in the video.

I really hope they find him soon and prove that this course was the right one.
I also hope they will be able to determine if he got into the bin of his own accord.

Does she mean searching in the wrong place in LF ? Is that the conclusion after what - is it 9 weeks now? No trace of him (or his phone) so far.
What we understand LE are working on is the discrepancy with the bin weights, no other firm evidence that he is in the LF (as far as we know).
I do hope LE are still investigating other possible circumstances.

Does she mean searching in the wrong place in LF ? Is that the conclusion after what - is it 9 weeks now? No trace of him (or his phone) so far.
What we understand LE are working on is the discrepancy with the bin weights, no other firm evidence that he is in the LF (as far as we know).
I do hope LE are still investigating other possible circumstances.

I think she means wrong part of the LF.

I'm not sure what other leads the police have got apart from the car that hasn't been eliminated but I hope they've not left it until now to look fully into taht

JMO

I think she means wrong part of the LF.

I'm not sure what other leads the police have got apart from the car that hasn't been eliminated but I hope they've not left it until now to look fully into taht

JMO

I think if he is not found then N must accept he is not there, especially if the date of the rubbish being found ties in with the dates he went missing. IMO he had to have left by other means - thru the buildings, vehicle or walking evading cctv. Back to the beginning again unfortunately.

Perhaps MIS can come up with some more suggestions and leads.

we can discuss/guess what ever we like on the LF search ... but it really is simple .... until the police find the waste from Greggs, they have not found the contents of the bin which they think Corrie might be have been in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am wondering what the waste from Greggs would consist of, and how they would be sure of what was in the bin anyway.
Is it very distinctive, and would much of it still be identifiable after so many months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip