UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the links but for many months Biffa told the police that 11kg was always the approx weight of that pick up, there's no doubt about that.

The key question for me is whether they were wrong about the weight on just 24/09 in which case it's a pretty valid assumption that C was in the bin or they were wrong every time and the weight varied and therefore a very heavy bin wasn't a one off.

Unless the police are totally bumblers though it has to be reasonable to assume that once they found out that the 24/09 weight was wrong and someone knew how to interpret the weight data correctly they then went back and applied the same method to previous weeks before spending getting on for £1million on the LF search.

We do know that this particular collection was billed by pick up not weight but it seems the lorry records it automatically although I haven't seen a definitive explanation of how the weight is captured

JMO
I asked that question many moons ago if they got it wrong once they may well have got it wrong lots of times. JMHO

No, it was an unofficial video made by someone who is obviously interested in such stuff! The binmen were showing him how it all works. I don't think it went into detail about how the data is transmitted, other than it was computerised.

ETA There are looooads of bin lorry videos on Youtube, it must be a more popular interest than one might imagine :)

I think they're made for children. My four year old and my friends' children love them!

I have read it again and again, and I cannot find the part where they say that 11 kgs was the weight from the previous months.

It is said that

BBM

IMHO this is more than what they were thinking, but not necessarily more than the previous times. Would make a huge difference if this was clear!

Also says:

I would like to know how they measure that! If someone gets into the cabin of the lorry, is that calculated too?

We used to pay per weight for garbage for a while, and when I got the bill I could spot immediately if something was off. That did happen. I used to wheel the bin to the road in the evening, bin wasn't always full but smelly so I wanted to get rid of it... and at one time, the bin's weight was recorded as being over 100 kgs. Come to think of it, it has been years, but it never crossed my mind that there may have been someone in it. I sincerely hope that that wasn't the case. No one was reported missing at the time.

The odd thing is - we no longer pay per weight, but the weight is still recorded automatically.

Sorry, poor wording by me if you weren't aware of previous discussions. The police said they had checked the bin weights going back 5 months from C's disappearance and the weights were found to be 11-15 kg. That's why, when they were given 11kg for the bin on the night C disappeared, it didn't appear unusual.

I'll try and find a link, but I'm sure other posters will remember this?

I asked that question many moons ago if they got it wrong once they may well have got it wrong lots of times. JMHO

Sorry, poor wording by me if you weren't aware of previous discussions. The police said they had checked the bin weights going back 5 months from C's disappearance and the weights were found to be 11-15 kg. That's why, when they were given 11kg for the bin on the night C disappeared, it didn't appear unusual.

I'll try and find a link, but I'm sure other posters will remember this?

You are correct Miss.

It would be totally unbelievable if the police haven't re-checked that the previous weights were correct. I haven't been the greatest fans of SP in the past but even I can't imagine they would be so incompetant

JMO

Yes I remember the "average" being provided as proof that 11kg was normal for that collection. Whether it was family, MSM or LE I don't recall. Early on we could quote facebook as long as family stated it. That was then changed to only being able to quote from the family website. Hopefully, before spending £500 million on the LF search, those records were thoroughly checked while they had the Biffa employees being questioned. LE should also have checked the lorry weighbill from FCC landfill site that Saturday.

I know he has not been found, but I hoped that someone here might know something that the MSM have missed completely..... :hearno:

over the last 21 threads I think that we must have coverd almost every possible scenario on what might and could have happend to corrie that night, with so little information or fact to go on we can't put the pieces together, IMO

When work gets under way again next week at the site at Milton in Cambridgeshire, the area being searched will take into account the possibility of the waste having moved.

Police say the work has been reviewed while the search has been taking place.

Inquiries have also continued away from the site, gathering further information about Corrie's lifestyle and background.

Now why would they continue to look at his lifestyle and background if this was simply a bin misadventure? Can't see it being relevant unless there is more to this than we're being told/led to believe.

Now why would they continue to look at his lifestyle and background if this was simply a bin misadventure? Can't see it being relevant unless there is more to this than we're being told/led to believe.

So true!

This is getting so frustrating. Let's hope police know what they are doing. 1 million is a lot of money!

You caught me there TTWO :) After posting that I saw I'd crossed with Melmoth so deleted my post.

I thought my bolded bit most odd too though - not sure what to understand from that. It is several months since C disappeared and I would like to think all investigations into his background and lifestyle were completed by now.
Or is/was his background/lifestyle so complicated and discreet that it is proving very difficult to unravel and it is considered that has a great bearing on his disappearance ?

Do hope he is found.

Some time ago I suggested that the bin lorry may be a red herring and that C's phone coinciding with it could just be coincidence. The weight of the bin may have changed, or it may be wrong again, but how often do they check the weights through interpretation of the raw data? I would think there is room for error even in that.

What about his phone being last in the Barton Mills area? Even that could be a red herring.

As we have since learnt, he had a lot of reason to 'disappear' and he knew how to avoid detection.

Then again, the night was still young to a young man who didn't have to work the next day and there could still be places to go. The homeless man, or even a different one could have told him where he could find a bed for the night and maybe a change of clothes too.

All these possibilities and yet nobody saw him, nor did cctv. Or did they? Of course, anyone who had any involvement in his disappearance, would not come forward and maybe they weren't noticed or even seen at that time of night.

Just my thoughts put out there.

Dancecard, it works for me, but I will put the link in too in the hope you can see it: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie-m...not-yet-been-found-at-landfill-site-1-5005474
Thanks Reallyodd. That link didn't work for me either but yours did. Now what do I think of it? Can't say I am surprised that there is still no C and no phone and that SP are still looking at his lifestyle etc. Also it's a good call by SP to extend the search to cover any overspill of waste. One additional week is no big deal having done this much already. I think SP should be commended for this task TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop