UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dancecard

It looks like EADT changed the headline from "New twist in Corrie Mckeague investigation as landfill search area expanded" to "Corrie Mckeague's mother confused as to why he has not yet been found at landfill site".

The code number at the end of the url has stayed the same on both links (1-5005474) hence the 404 for the original link now?

I imagine the police search team is going to be thrilled by the thought of spending many more weeks up to their arses in stinking rubbish, especially as the weather warms up.

the phone still being on the Barton mills mast until 8am , that is one thing I still can't work out, so rubbish transfer place is closed that Saturday morning , the lorry did a pick up at Sainsbury's mildenhall, but then what? it can not have gone direct to the dump if the phone was in the lorry, it must have hung around the Barton mills area until at least 8am until the phone was dead as it would have shown up on the newmarket mast on its way to Milton , it's like the phone never left Barton mills area, maybe it was switched of at 8am in that area, IMO,

I imagine the police search team is going to be thrilled by the thought of spending many more weeks up to their arses in stinking rubbish, especially as the weather warms up.
If he has got into the bin and ended up in landfill due to his own devices, is it really the job of the police to look for him in it?

when the landfill search started I hoped that we would have a conclusion one way or the other so we could at least rule landfill out , the way things are going it's going to be inconclusive, IMO I would secure that part of the landfill and stop the search for the time being so they can go back to it at a later date if needs be,

when the landfill search started I hoped that we would have a conclusion one way or the other so we could at least rule landfill out , the way things are going it's going to be inconclusive, IMO I would secure that part of the landfill and stop the search for the time being so they can go back to it at a later date if needs be,

But could they secure a substantial area of the tip indefinitely? And if so, for how long could they reasonably do so, before handing it back to the operator, without any evidence that it is part of a crime scene? A year? 5 years?

Clearly they are now going to be looking elsewhere but where? We (if not necessarily the police) are back to square one: how did he get out of the Horseshoe?

But could they secure a substantial area of the tip indefinitely? And if so, for how long could they reasonably do so, before handing it back to the operator, without any evidence that it is part of a crime scene? A year? 5 years?

Clearly they are now going to be looking elsewhere but where? We (if not necessarily the police) are back to square one: how did he get out of the Horseshoe?
It has to be the one other vehicle -the one that is still being investigated imo.

If he has got into the bin and ended up in landfill due to his own devices, is it really the job of the police to look for him in it?

I'd imagine only the police are properly trained to look for Corrie and his remains may be treated as a crime scene till forensics come back.

I'd imagine only the police are properly trained to look for Corrie and his remains may be treated as a crime scene till forensics come back.
Trouble is there is no crime at the moment. My point is if he voluntarily got in the bin then that is not a crime. If remains are found and evidence of foul play are apparent, then that would be different of course. It's a bit chicken and egg really Imo.

http://files.heraldscotland.com/new..._as_police_prepare_to_switch_landfill_search/

The search is likely to change tack and switch to the fringes and entrance to the vast area.

Asked if she was prepared for the possibility her son's body may never be found, Ms Urquhart, 48, said: “There is no way that we can prepare ourselves for that.

"My main focus from the outset has been to find Corrie and so we must remain positive and carry on.

“The main 'cell' has been searched and nothing found. The search will now concentrate on the edges and the entrance in under where the excavator’s have been.

Missing person enquiry is a police matter! It does not necessarily require a crime!
This is one of them! :facepalm:

Missing person enquiry is a police matter! It does not necessarily require a crime!
This is one of them! :facepalm:
I agree. But not every missing person gets a million spent on the enquiry. They cannot search every square inch of the LF just on a hunch.
For all we know he may still be laying somewhere in the Mildenhall area or even in the Mildenhall rubbish area of the LF? The lorry also picked up a load in Mildenhall after BSE, after all, so where does Mildenhall waste get tipped in the LF ?

http://files.heraldscotland.com/new..._as_police_prepare_to_switch_landfill_search/

The search is likely to change tack and switch to the fringes and entrance to the vast area.

Asked if she was prepared for the possibility her son's body may never be found, Ms Urquhart, 48, said: “There is no way that we can prepare ourselves for that.

"My main focus from the outset has been to find Corrie and so we must remain positive and carry on.

“The main 'cell' has been searched and nothing found. The search will now concentrate on the edges and the entrance in under where the excavator’s have been.

"There is no way we can prepare ourselves for that"

Nah, me neither. I feel absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach for these parents.

“The main 'cell' has been searched and nothing found. The search will now concentrate on the edges and the entrance in under where the excavator’s have been.[/I][/I]

RSBM

Surely that was searched during the site preparation and making of those roadways? I can't believe it if that has not already been searched.

I agree. But not every missing person gets a million spent on the enquiry. They cannot search every square inch of the LF just on a hunch.
For all we know he may still be laying somewhere in the Mildenhall area or even in the Mildenhall rubbish area of the LF? The lorry also picked up a load in Mildenhall after BSE, after all, so where does Mildenhall waste get tipped in the LF ?

Surely they aren't doing this massive search "just on a hunch" though ? I've been assuming they had some important reasons for following this line of enquiry.
Wish I understood why this search went ahead when it seems the final vehicle from the horseshoe hasn't yet been eliminated, or at least is still being investigated (from what has been reported).

Surely they aren't doing this massive search "just on a hunch" though ? I've been assuming they had some important reasons for following this line of enquiry.
Wish I understood why this search went ahead when it seems the final vehicle from the horseshoe hasn't yet been eliminated, or at least is still being investigated (from what has been reported).

No, they have indeed searched the BSE cell based on evidence as, I understand. (the phone loosely correlating to the bin lorry journey and last cctv sighting of C and the abnormal bin weight) I said "they cant search the whole of the LF on a hunch" ie meaning all the rest of the site. Hope my meaning is clearer now. MOO.

Yes, my thoughts exactly from the start...

:rollercoaster:

So, I guess there must be something police hasn't told in public, since they seem to be so sure Corrie to be found in Milton landfill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20