Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question about a cell phone’s movement history (in case anyone happens to know as I do not..):

If a phone connects to a tower until X time… is it possible, if it were placed into airplane mode - could it be removed and returned to the scene by someone and NOT show a change in location (eg; would it still record steps / show connected to the same tower the whole time?). Would it even show it had been put into / taken out of airplane mode if this had happened??

I am NOT saying it happened this way! I am asking if it is possible it could have happened and it not be recorded by the device? I hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance - moo because no facts or links, just a question.
Well, steps recorded is to do with the accelerometer, which is a gyroscope, essentially. It's the component of the phone that knows when you turn your screen sideways, for example. It's got nothing to do with connection to a network. It's to do with the phone physically moving in space. You can cheat a step counter in a phone like you can in a smartwatch, by moving it around.

MOO

Well, steps recorded is to do with the accelerometer, which is a gyroscope, essentially. It's the component of the phone that knows when you turn your screen sideways, for example. It's got nothing to do with connection to a network. It's to do with the phone physically moving in space. You can cheat a step counter in a phone like you can in a smartwatch, by moving it around.

MOO

Also airplane mode does not stop your phone receiving GPS positioning info passively.

Plus, if RA's voice is the same voice that said "Guys, down the hill" on Libby's video of BG, that will be strong evidence. If it is not the same voice, then the Prosecution has a big problem, IMO.
Possibly, but a prison phone system record and an iPhone record are really not comparable tech, IMO

They don’t have the exact spot the phone stopped moving, from the cross examination of the phone forensic expert he stated that the apple health data could only account for how many steps were taken, it wasn’t gps based. The last known gps transmission was from the Snapchat video as Snapchat provided that to the phones file system.

So the steps could be any direction and we can see the defense start to hone in on this and the fact that once in a car the apple health would stop recording steps.

I’m not saying this is true obviously it’s just my opinion on something they are going to pursue in defense
Wasn't Libby's phone also pinging for awhile when DG, MP and BP were initially searching? That may help put a general location...so not offsite?

Question about a cell phone’s movement history (in case anyone happens to know as I do not..):

If a phone connects to a tower until X time… is it possible, if it were placed into airplane mode - could it be removed and returned to the scene by someone and NOT show a change in location (eg; would it still record steps / show connected to the same tower the whole time?). Would it even show it had been put into / taken out of airplane mode if this had happened??

I am NOT saying it happened this way! I am asking if it is possible it could have happened and it not be recorded by the device? I hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance - moo because no facts or links, just a question.
Someone should check out how L's step counter worked in 2017.

I have an Android phone with two step-counter apps. Just because my phone stops counting my steps is absolutely no indication that I've stopped moving. I walk out to my vehicle, it counts my steps, I sit down in my vehicle, it stops counting my steps. Same thing for getting out and walking back up to my home. Between getting into and out of my vehicle, I could have traveled for hours and my counters don't move.

Now with these hearings there are finally some new facts out in this horrible case ... so Abby really was dressed in Libby's clothes when she was attacked?! That sounds so crazy but it's actually true per testimony? Is there any evidence or speculation about why / how this odd clothing switch happened?
Moo
Abby was dressed in her sports bra, bra and tank top. She had Libby's pants on and a sweatshirt (not sure if it was the borrowed one from Kelsei or Libby's sweatshirt). The blood evidence expert said Abby was most likely wearing the top half of her clothes when she was mortally wounded in the neck. Nothing was particularly said about the blood evidence on Libby's pants (that Abby was wearing). That's what I remember from Cicero's testimony.

It is that last sentence that troubles me the most about his mental health issues. And really, how many other “socially unacceptable behaviours” could they possibly have been talking about?
I'll take a guess...hitting, kicking, spitting? Things that can get you tazed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back