UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-40685185
Det Supt Elliott said police had spoken to one witness who had previously found Mr Mckeague asleep in a bin and he had been known to previously sleep on park benches, in toilets and stair wells.

Assuming the witness is truthful, it all seems to come back to what we said right at the beginning of this enquiry - that Corrie was pretty much out of control. A drunk might sleep on a park bench, but not regularly in a bin or in public toilets.

The statement that CM was known to sleep in bins just does not add up - If he had no intention of going back to his base that night because he wanted to sleep off the drink first, why not return to the warmth and comfort of his car & sleep on the backseat

I am not surprised nothing has been found at landfill, I never thought thats where he ended up -

Ok, apologies if I'm being thick here but how can they not find ANYTHING relating to him in the landfill yet still be saying they're sure he's there.

I watched the press conference while at work (naughty me!) and I'm just as confused as I was before [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The statement that CM was known to sleep in bins just does not add up - If he had no intention of going back to his base that night because he wanted to sleep off the drink first, why not return to the warmth and comfort of his car & sleep on the backseat

If you're caught sleeping drunk in a car with the keys on you can be charge with drink driving. Police would not make up a statement about him sleeping in bins.

I wonder is this statement the evidence that had MM so certain CM was in the bin?

Does anyone know anything about incineration of waste? Where would the ash go? Is it just all dumped in a landfill as well?

Because from the start it's been clear that Corrie's behaviour was not necessarily rational. He was depressed, knocking back booze and may have been on medication. He was asked to leave at least one pub/club by a bouncer that night, and let's not forget that his mates went off into BSE without him, leaving him to follow in his own car. I can't remember if we ever got an entirely satisfactory explanation for that fact.

The fact one person said he had slept in rubbish before can't be the evidence can it?
I don't get why this couldn't have been mentioned before!

The wording of the statement suggested to me that one person had specifically said Corrie had been found sleeping in a bin but that other people had indicated he was in the habit of sleeping in odd places.

As for why it wasn't mentioned before, we don't know when they found out about it. And I'm not convinced there would have been much to gain from releasing it - just satisfying public curiousity isn't a priority and it wasn't likely to generate more tips.

Assuming the witness is truthful, it all seems to come back to what we said right at the beginning of this enquiry - that Corrie was pretty much out of control. A drunk might sleep on a park bench, but not regularly in a bin or in public toilets.

Tragically, I agree with this characterisation. [emoji22]

As for why it wasn't mentioned before, we don't know when they found out about it. And I'm not convinced there would have been much to gain from releasing it - just satisfying public curiousity isn't a priority and it wasn't likely to generate more tips.

I think there would have been a public backlash if that information was given out before the LF search ended. People would have complained about the cost of the search. Also by stating they have evidence he did this the police are pointing out they had valid reasons to perform the search there.

I'd like to know how they can't be sure if the waste went to LF or incineration. Where is it divided up? Is incineration waste not sorted beforehand?

I think there would have been a public backlash if that information was given out before the LF search ended. People would have complained about the cost of the search. Also by stating they have evidence he did this the police are pointing out they had valid reasons to perform the search there.

I'd like to know how they can't be sure if the waste went to LF or incineration. Where is it divided up? Is incineration waste not sorted beforehand?

I'm not sure if it's been evidenced here before or not but N has stated the waste went to Red Lodge first for the weekend and then thewaste not being incinerated would have been loaded into a bigger truck and taken to Milton, although not all information coming from N has been proved correct in the past so I can't account on reliability.
If the BL went to Newmarket before LF or Red Lodge I'm surprised his phone never left the BM mast! Every little bit of info that comes to light seems to contradict what has been said before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The statement that CM was known to sleep in bins just does not add up - If he had no intention of going back to his base that night because he wanted to sleep off the drink first, why not return to the warmth and comfort of his car & sleep on the backseat -

Corrie owned a BMW Z4 so no back seat, and not the comfiest car to sleep in. Being under the influence in charge of a motor vehicle didn't seem to deter Corrie if reports of him drinking in his car at the start of the evening, and I still find it difficult that somebody like Corrie (who obviously took pride in his appearance) would voluntarily climb into a bin to sleep wearing white jeans and an expensive shirt. The whole case is baffling.

I still find it difficult that somebody like Corrie (who obviously took pride in his appearance) would voluntarily climb into a bin to sleep wearing white jeans and an expensive shirt. The whole case is baffling.

I've seen this comment many times.

He'd already slept on the floor in a dirty doorway (where he also urinated and left his rubbish - <modsnip>). His clothes would already have been grubby, and he looks scruffy and bedraggled in the last video footage. He was well past worrying about his appearance, and his clothes would have been fine after laundering.

Social media of family is off-limits.

Posting more than 10% of an MSM article violates copyright rules.

When copying or referencing information from MSM or LE, links must be provided.

The Rules are found here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

The Rules: Social Media –Facebook, Twitter, etc are found here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

Websleuths members must read The Rules and post according to them.

If you have questions about the above, please contact a Mod or Admin for clarification.

:wave:

Corrie had been drinking previously that evening in his car, while talking to his brother on the phone, that would have been a more serious offence had he been caught, but not necessarily had he been found asleep in the car
If you're caught sleeping drunk in a car with the keys on you can be charge with drink driving. Police would not make up a statement about him sleeping in bins.

I wonder is this statement the evidence that had MM so certain CM was in the bin?

Does anyone know anything about incineration of waste? Where would the ash go? Is it just all dumped in a landfill as well?

The police don't have to satisfy the curiosity of the public. They have given out very little information during this enquiry.
Most of what we have been told has come from family members, and some of it has been garbled and plain wrong. Like the latest claim that if C wasn't found at the landfill, the police would declare it a criminal enquiry.
With respect Cherwell I think they do, which is why they are planning a review IMO. Spending £1 million on an unsuccessful search over 20 weeks entitles the public to some explanations which will hopefully be in said review. I don't think any of us imagined he would be in the LF but not be found after all this time searching.

With respect Cherwell I think they do, which is why they are planning a review IMO. Spending £1 million on an unsuccessful search over 20 weeks entitles the public to some explanations which will hopefully be in said review. I don't think any of us imagined he would be in the LF but not be found after all this time searching.

That's different. They don't, however, have to make every detail public while an investigation is underway. Typically the police only disclose information when they think it might elicit something useful from the public.

I'm very sorry hear the landfill search has been suspended without any trace of Corrie being found which is the outcome many of us feared. It is horrendous that the nightmare continues for his parents and family. I hope and pray that a breakthrough is made.

Been thinking these recent developments over a bit, but that does not really help.
IMHO the chance of finding anything in the ashes of the incinerator is even smaller than finding anything in the landfill.
All that remains would be scrap-iron or other metal, and how would they recognize, let alone identify that?

:thinking:

BBC Scotland said it went to a transfer station at red lodge , they even had pictures of the place, this was on the 6.30 news , I don't have an internet link as it was on TV , maybe some one has a link to the story, as it seams the transfer place was very open up and runing that night, this link has a bit about the transfer station but not the BBC one I was I was looking for,

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/corrie-mckeague-search-missing-learned-13368220

BBC Scotland said it went to a transfer station at red lodge , they even had pictures of the place, this was on the 6.30 news , I don't have an internet link as it was on TV , maybe some one has a link to the story, as it seams the transfer place was very open up and runing that night, this link has a bit about the transfer station but not the BBC one I was I was looking for,

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/corrie-mckeague-search-missing-learned-13368220

The link you posted is a very good article imo, thanks.
Would this be the BBC Scotland news story you are referring to? It's only available for 24 hours from transmission though. From 02.45 on the vid is about Corrie etc. .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08y2tm6/reporting-scotland-late-news-21072017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-landfill-search-missing-Corrie-McKeague.html

The 'devastated' parents of missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague said they are 'angry' by the Suffolk Police's decision to end their painstaking landfill search.

His mother, Nicola Urquhart, claimed she was 'misled' by officers, who today announced they have called off their search.

'When they told me that they were going to be finishing the search of the landfill, it was my understanding that what they were actually going to be saying is: "we've finished the search of the landfill and we haven't found Corrie - he's not there,"' she told ITV.

'It was an absolute surprise to me on Wednesday when I was told: "we're finishing the landfill, we're not searching anymore - but we do still think he's in there."'

Mr McKeague's father, Martin, said in a statement: 'At no point did we think that the search of the site would end this way, and as all the evidence tells us that Corrie is somewhere in that landfill site, we are heartbroken at the thought that we may not be able to bring Corrie home together.'

In a last ditch attempt to find the airman - who was 'known to sleep in rubbish on a night out' - officers will now be searching previously incinerated waste for the airman.

read more.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member