UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially it was but then they based it on gps data so I think this means they're now going back to the original area they started the search in?

I think it is logical to complete the entire cell. I'm not going to bash the police as I'm sure they had reasons to stop the search such as budget or manpower. The important thing is they're restarting the search now.

Sorry to quote you again but want to show that SP's own words contradict what they are now saying and doing. I'm genuinely not having a go at them, just wish to understand the reasoning.

Police said all the information "points to the fact Corrie was transported to the landfill".
Det Supt Katie Elliott said the landfill search for Mr Mckeague had been "systematic, comprehensive and thorough"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-40685185

So they are convinced Corrie is at the landfill and the 20 week search was comprehensive and thorough. Except today they inform us that in fact a part of the cell hadn't been searched.

I just don't understand the stop/start or humming and harring they have been doing over many months in this case. Maybe there are reasons for this we don't yet have knowledge about but it is most odd to me!

IMO there is something going on behind the scenes that is being kept quiet

Perhaps they have had a tip off from someone who knows something, who knows, I am just speculating.

Perhaps, I don't know either, but it just feels like something big is going on, possibly from the beginning.

Now this good news! It's only logical to search the next cell, because the rubbish gets shifted and moved a lot, IMO of course. Fingers crossed!

Any one know ware cell 20 and cell 22 sit on the landfill or how it is maped out , what about cell 21 or would that be in a difererent part altogether ,

Now this good news! It's only logical to search the next cell, because the rubbish gets shifted and moved a lot, IMO of course. Fingers crossed!
It's not the next cell they will be searching they are still in cell 22 and going to search the sides of it to what I can make out as the main part of the cell has already been searched and nothing found,

I think the last few posts show just how confused SP have made the landfill search..

As I understand it, which could be very wrong, the only cell SP have searched for Corrie is cell 22. In this cell they seem to have been able to further narrow down where to look (by GPS, landfill workers etc?)

They have searched two of the narrowed down spots without success and now (under advise from the review team?) will finish searching the remaining section left?

Article in EADT today, Interesting what Nicola says about the wrong lorry being tracked by SP ?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/mother-o...g-new-information-about-bin-lorries-1-5221415

“If he had been in that cell and he had gone in that bin they would have found him which means he must have gone in another bin in another area of landfill.

“They have now gone back and checked all the information and have found more than one vehicle could have taken the rubbish that could have contained Corrie.

“It has opened up other areas in the landfill they didn’t feel they needed to search because the information they were given meant he couldn’t possibly have been there.

“After double checking they have found there are other vehicles that go to that landfill site.

“It was the wrong vehicle they were following, which is not their fault, they were told it was the only vehicle.

I don't know what to say!!! How many pieces of wrong information has there been now? Goodness me, his poor family [emoji852]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Huh??! Surely the bin they THINK he was in is the one that weighed over 100kg??

I'm so confused, but sadly not surprised by this latest news (if N has got the right end of the stick)

And if they were following the wrong bin lorry does that render the phone pings useless?

Huh??! Surely the bin they THINK he was in is the one that weighed over 100kg??

I'm so confused, but sadly not surprised by this latest news (if N has got the right end of the stick)
You're not the only one! From the news article: he was not in that bin or he was in that bin, but in a different lorry? Or he was in that bin, but emptied into a different lorry to go to landfill? Or he wasn't in a bin at all?

ETA: Why did a load of recycling go to the landfill anyway? If it went through the normal process at Red Lodge, if he was in that load, they should have found him?

You're not the only one! From the news article: he was not in that bin or he was in that bin, but in a different lorry? Or he was in that bin, but emptied into a different lorry to go to landfill? Or he wasn't in a bin at all?

ETA: Why did a load of recycling go to the landfill anyway? If it went through the normal process at Red Lodge, if he was in that load, they should have found him?

Absolutely agree with this ^^^^^^. :gaah:

If Nicola has got this right..... have SP spent months and over £1M on an incorrect search then ??

ETA === Just another thought.... Could some more information have come via the police Pod set up recently ??

The police must be party to so much information we haven't got a clue about, I can't see they'd spend £1m on a whim. My gut feeling is something is wrong at the Biffa end as this should have been so easy to sort out - i.e. there was a heavy bin, it went in the lorry, the lorry stopped at AB&C then unloaded in cell 22. Where's the confusion? Is there no confusion? Are the police in control and satisfied that whatever happened, happened? Is the confusion just because of people getting the wrong end of the stick and 'misspeaking'?

FWIW I hope they find Corrie in 22. I hope (but doubt) they can ascertain how he died. And finally I hope there is a public inquest so we might finally get some answers. This whole case is messed up.

The police must be party to so much information we haven't got a clue about, I can't see they'd spend £1m on a whim. My gut feeling is something is wrong at the Biffa end as this should have been so easy to sort out - i.e. there was a heavy bin, it went in the lorry, the lorry stopped at AB&C then unloaded in cell 22. Where's the confusion? Is there no confusion? Are the police in control and satisfied that whatever happened, happened? Is the confusion just because of people getting the wrong end of the stick and 'misspeaking'?

FWIW I hope they find Corrie in 22. I hope (but doubt) they can ascertain how he died. And finally I hope there is a public inquest so we might finally get some answers. This whole case is messed up.

No. The bin lorry did not go to the landfill. It went to the transfer station at Red Lodge and discharged its load there. Other lorries then take the refuse to landfill - or incinerator, recycling place or wherever.

What I don't really understand is how a body wouldn't have been spotted at the transfer station.

No. The bin lorry did not go to the landfill. It went to the transfer station at Red Lodge and discharged its load there. Other lorries then take the refuse to landfill - or incinerator, recycling place or wherever.

What I don't really understand is how a body wouldn't have been spotted at the transfer station.

But did it? Did it definitely go to RL like it should have?

Is the confusion about the bin lorry or the transfer truck? I'm not sure the police have properly clarified. Bottom line is, NONE of the waste from BSE (or indeed the rest of Suffolk) should have gone to landfill:

Every single bag of general refuge from households and businesses in the county is going to a £180million incinerator plant in Great Blakenham, near Ipswich – preventing any rubbish going to landfill.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/tour-of-...aste-incinerator-at-great-blakenham-1-3883498

Could SP be considering a collection from Short Brackland now? This, I think, would be a Council collection so refutes the collection weight that has been made public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg