UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what he told the media months later rather than what he reported to the police at the time. Wonder how much he got paid for his interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy:

“He ran across the A11 at Barton Mills in front of my van. He was wearing the clothes in the police description – pink shirt, brown boots. He stopped on the central reservation and adjusted the jeans above his boots with his foot on the crash barrier. Then he ran to the other side and disappeared near an Esso station. He stood out because it was 4.30am, very cold and he was in shirt sleeves. It’s a notorious meeting place for swingers and doggers. I wouldn’t have thought it was a safe place for a lad on his own.”

The police discounted the sighting as C's phone had not left the horsehoe by then. Have we had a definite timing for the bin collection?

Dangerous for the police to discount anything. A phone is not permanently attached to the body :)

He may have dropped his phone or threw it away?

Dangerous for the police to discount anything. A phone is not permanently attached to the body :)

He may have dropped his phone or threw it away?
Phones don't always ping to the mast nearest them. If the nearest mast is busy.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Phones don't always ping to the mast nearest them. If the nearest mast is busy.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yes, but I read it that the police discounted it since they were working on the assumption that his phone was with him the whole time.

C might well have been out of BSE but his phone was still in the HS.

This was a different sighting, Jessie.
The delivery driver as per my link above claimed to have seen C cross the A11 at Barton Mills.

Of course you are absolutely right. The mistake was all mine, clicked the incorrect text and my apologies. Need to go to specsavers :facepalm:

Grateful that others are on the ball, and many apologies for such stupid, careless misinformation, I blame trying to do too much multi tasking but no excuse. Sorry.
Thanks to Scorpio for post #213 making it clear as well..

Police to resume search of landfill site near Cambridge for missing airman Corrie Mckeague

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41490459

Search will take six weeks so I assume it is just to finish the cell they were in?

Search will take six weeks so I assume it is just to finish the cell they were in?

So they hadn't finished the cell they were in? What was the reason for that?

Interesting:

It will focus on an area next to the site of the earlier search, which was identified as that most likely to contain Mr Mckeague.
The force said it took the decision to restart the probe in conjunction with East Midlands Special Operations Unit, which is reviewing its investigation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41490459

Edited to ask:

I thought the cell searched was based on the site personal and binman telling SP that it is where the load was emptied? Am I mis-remembering?

Sorry, I posted that link and didn't realise it's already been posted. Let's hope this search brings some answers.

I thought the cell searched was based on the site personal and binman telling SP that it is where the load was emptied? Am I mis-remembering?

Initially it was but then they based it on gps data so I think this means they're now going back to the original area they started the search in?

I think it is logical to complete the entire cell. I'm not going to bash the police as I'm sure they had reasons to stop the search such as budget or manpower. The important thing is they're restarting the search now.

Initially it was but then they based it on gps data so I think this means they're now going back to the original area they started the search in?

I think it is logical to complete the entire cell. I'm not going to bash the police as I'm sure they had reasons to stop the search such as budget or manpower. The important thing is they're restarting the search now.

Normally I'd be the last to question LE but in this case I fail to see the logic in suspending an already 20 week search in cell 22 that you are convinced contains the person you are looking for, for an additional ~12 weeks to then announce they will now finish the East corner of cell 22?

Especially with the fact that both SP and Corrie's dad have made it pretty clear the "other side" have made things very difficult. Why would you extend the "headache"?

Manpower and budget I'd imagine.

If LE are doing things that make you go hmmmm?

Is it incompetence?
Manpower/budget issues?
Media not getting the right story?
Or national security?

Yes, but I read it that the police discounted it since they were working on the assumption that his phone was with him the whole time.

C might well have been out of BSE but his phone was still in the HS.

Wrong of them to assume that IMO.

I know they are searching the landfill again now so it might be irrelevant but it still bothers me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member