UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there were no derelict buildings in the actual HS when C disappeared. N means opposite, around the top of Short Brackland. And I don't know where there is a flat roof, unless on part of the shopping centre; they are older buildings round there.

From findcorrie: "There is an area (a section of Short Brackland) outside the actual Horseshoe where Corrie could have walked without being seen on CCTV, however Corrie could not go outside this area. The entire area has now been ‘cleared’, with no trace of Corrie discovered...The whole area which has now been searched and cleared includes external Roof areas, internal roof spaces, inside all of the buildings, the out-buildings, stairwells, car parking spaces, bin areas, drains and basements where present. This includes with aerial assets, physical rooftop access, cadaver dogs, scent dogs and SOCO support."

Well I did wonder:

Indeed, unless he is still in the horseshoe then he either left on foot (unseen) or in a vehicle.

When the issue about bin weights arose, the police questioned a waste worker and then began a landfill search - which I believe they claimed was being planned anyway?

The police have traced all the vehicles and out of all the people they wanted to speak to, only two haven't been located/come forward?

What about the van driver who claimed to have seen someone matching Cs description? His wife contacted the police some time later. Have most dismissed this sighting?

But there were no derelict buildings in the actual HS when C disappeared. N means opposite, around the top of Short Brackland.

From findcorrie: "There is an area (a section of Short Brackland) outside the actual Horseshoe where Corrie could have walked without being seen on CCTV, however Corrie could not go outside this area. The entire area has now been ‘cleared’, with no trace of Corrie discovered...The whole area which has now been searched and cleared includes external Roof areas, internal roof spaces, inside all of the buildings, the out-buildings, stairwells, car parking spaces, bin areas, drains and basements where present. This includes with aerial assets, physical rooftop access, cadaver dogs, scent dogs and SOCO support."

Ok, so it has been searched and we can rule out him being there.

Now this is new (from that Sky News article)....
"He was a big climber, it was the sort of thing he often did, especially when he had been drinking and there are several flat roofs he could have reached."

Imo this is something that could have happened since Corrie was a fit soldier. Besides the police hasn't searched all those buildings in HS. It could even be, that he fell and was trapped there somewhere by accident...

Where did you get the info that the buildings haven't been searched?

https://news.sky.com/story/missing-...ice-are-investigating-murder-reports-11176975

So now it could be murder

She said she and her supporters had received calls outlining several different scenarios in which her son was attacked and either killed or left for dead. She would not go into detail.

Why do these alledged calls go to N and her supporters instead of to the police? Or is it a case of they do call the police but get ignored?

Quite early in the inquiry, NU and family set-up mobile phones to take calls, because SP were only answering phones during the day - out of hours it was an answer phone - and NU thought people were more likely to phone out of hours. The missing poster at findcorrie.co.uk still has two of the mobile numbers, rather than SP's number.

But there were no derelict buildings in the actual HS when C disappeared. N means opposite, around the top of Short Brackland. And I don't know where there is a flat roof, unless on part of the shopping centre; they are older buildings round there.

Aha, an admission that he could have crossed over there without being caught on camera.
I would like to know if there were any cars parked along SB. Could he have got a lift with someone from there?

Aha, an admission that he could have crossed over there without being caught on camera.
I would like to know if there were any cars parked along SB. Could he have got a lift with someone from there?

We have known a long time that he could get to the next loading bay / bin area. The bottom line is of the 4 vehicles that passed through that whole area 3 were "legit" (bin lorry, Superdrug delivery, staff member accepting delivery) leaving one vehicle. It would be useful to know if that vehicle was driving through or just exited, and if driving, did it stop? There are cameras either end so this will be known. I am guessing it drove straight through, no stops, hence the police's insistence Corrie had to be in the bin lorry. Add in the bin weight and phone pings and it's clear why it was no1 theory. So where the hell is he?!

Yes, but my thinking is that someone could have parked in Short Brackland without passing through the HS, perhaps several hours earlier.

Yes, but my thinking is that someone could have parked in Short Brackland without passing through the HS, perhaps several hours earlier.

This has always been a possibility IMO, and has been discussed before on here. IIRC the discussion centred on the CCTV cameras at the rear of the shopping centre?

How fixed were they and could they have picked up C from a distance or would a person in the SB area be missed?

It has been a long time and my memory is unreliable, but I think there was a suggestion that the shopping centre cameras were placed only to cover their delivery area but not the wider SB ?

Anyone else recall the club/pub/restaurant around there that had a late opening that night - some new opening event - and the suggestion C may have been drawn to that eventually?

Apologies for my vagueness, difficult to search such detail from all the threads.

It's my understanding that the shopping centre was virtually closed down. The business that owned it had gone into administration and the shops were unoccupied apart from possibly a couple of temporary pop-up shops. So their cameras may not have been maintained as well as would be expected of a thriving business.

The police haven't searched all the building in HS?

From what I recall they conducted a basic search of the interiors of buildings accessible from the horseshoe very early one, and I'm fairly sure it was said that the roofs had been searched as well. The possibility that he had climbed onto a roof was discussed here, particularly as there was mention of homeless people being able to get onto the roofs there.

From memory I think CCTV was only checked up to 4pm (or was it 6pm) on the Saturday, so yes, it's entirely possible Corrie left in a vehicle later on in the weekend. Which is why I feel uneasy about the "people stayed at Focus12 unofficially" thing. Who's to say he didn't stop for a wee, leave his phone on the bin (soon taken by bin driver accidentally or on purpose) and got tempted into F12 .What if he died there and his body was later disposed of by car outside of the times checked?

What if he tried to nick a bike to get home on (police mentioned a bike on their missing poster), someone came out of F12 and there was a scuffle? What if he was taken upstairs and dealt with, and left later?

But then the bin was the weight of a man which makes me think what if the lorry reached Red Lodge and his body was found and, due to the wrong lorry driver (remember the question mark over that?) it was decided a cover up was in order?

But then what if he was in the bin and got out en route, bruised and battered, and tried to stumble his way home? What if either of the sightings were him? He could be anywhere; field, forest, river, pond, slurry pit.

So many what ifs and honestly, I can't believe this hasn't been figured out yet, why is there no proof of anything?!

Anyone else recall the club/pub/restaurant around there that had a late opening that night - some new opening event - and the suggestion C may have been drawn to that eventually?

Was it the Snug Bar?

Come to think about it, did any of the BSE locals take a look at/in that cream-painted building on Short Brackland which has the door ajar on Streetview? I can't quite work out from the satellite view what that building is or what it's part of.

Sadly I think the whole investigation has been seriously compromised by the almost singular line of enquiry, which is the Landfill theory, following confusion over bin weight. I think it should have been announced that it was one line of enquiry and ask public to remain alert to any information. The family and police were too sure he was there. Not blaming the family, God only knows how the awfulness son missing would play with your head. The public though were just waiting for body to be found as SP were so sure he was there.

Was it the Snug Bar?

Come to think about it, did any of the BSE locals take a look at/in that cream-painted building on Short Brackland which has the door ajar on Streetview? I can't quite work out from the satellite view what that building is or what it's part of.

Yes it was the Snug, thank you.

Re: that building in SB with the ajar door - I think a local WS'er said it connected to a pub in another street?
(I could be wrong)

Re: that building in SB with the ajar door - I think a local WS'er said it connected to a pub in another street?
(I could be wrong)
Maybe that's how he did it? Snuck in there to continue his kip. Then woke up and meandered off up SB later on Saturday.

the car that was seen driving the wrong way in short breckland street, was it ever said if it was traced, I know we don't know much about the car or even what time it was,

Was it the Snug Bar?

Yes, it's the Snug Bar. However, C could have approached it from St John's St, and even when he passed down the side of Greggs he wheeled around to walk in the opposite direction to the bar. If he'd wanted a wee and access to the rear entrance of the bar he could have gone (in every sense) down Short Brackland.

Quite early in the inquiry, NU and family set-up mobile phones to take calls, because SP were only answering phones during the day - out of hours it was an answer phone - and NU thought people were more likely to phone out of hours. The missing poster at findcorrie.co.uk still has two of the mobile numbers, rather than SP's number.

I think that was such a mistake the giving out of NU and family members' numbers instead of encouraging people to call SP and leave messages.

I doubt if it was with the agreement of the police.

From what I have read offering a reward for info encourages many false calls and is not encouraged by the police in such circumstances.

These private people taking messages are not trained to eke out the crank calls so I do have many misgivings attached to the information received this way and considered positive.

I'm rambling I expect but we've all heard of lottery winners getting begging letters - and a number of cruel people claimed to have lost family members in the Tower Block fire in London just to obtain compensation (happened with 9/11 also I believe).

The point I am attempting to make is that the info NU feels she obtained this way is IMOO dubious and needs to be treated as such. Someone has definite/important info they should be willing to inform SP and they can do it anonymously.

I go back to the early days and the public insistence that the Landfill was searched - but this was preeminently to find C's phone not in the anticipation that his body would be there.

Nicola, Martin and the wider family have my utmost condolences at the loss of their son, I am unable to comprehend their grief. I sincerely hope there is some outcome to put their minds at rest, even if this is not the result they desire. All OIMOO, but felt I had to say it having been here since the start and feeling we are no further forward after more than a year.

(I could be wrong)

That's interesting as from what I can see the only premises it could connect to is - the Snug bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan