UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think this, it would be something like a CCTV drainage survey. To be honest I think the funds have probably run out, over 18 months 50k odd wouldnt go very far.

It’s all kicked off on one of the Corrie pages (apologies admin if I can’t say this) people are just turning against each other now. Rather sad really, the way seems to have been lost

I did think this, it would be something like a CCTV drainage survey. To be honest I think the funds have probably run out, over 18 months 50k odd wouldnt go very far.

It’s all kicked off on one of the Corrie pages (apologies admin if I can’t say this) people are just turning against each other now. Rather sad really, the way seems to have been lost
I have nothing to do with the FB carry on, but I do feal that the whole case is now lacking direction and any plan to take it forward, if we still have areas to be searched than search them they don't need the police for that, it's always the police haven't done this that and another, at this stage I can't see the police doing much more with out new evidence to go on,

I agree, what a mess! Hopefully that culvert area will be searched immediately if possible. And Nicola should be the one to do it first.

I am just reading some of the updates from Facebook over the past week or so. I see N has confirmed that the CCTV up Short Brackland at the rear on the Cornhill is really poor quality and he could have evaded it which is what I have thought all along! I still think he simply went for a wee in the HS and left within a minute or so later as the camera rotated and he continued on up SB and it is there where he has gotten a lift from someone or come to harm there, whether that person approached him or vice versa who know's, but its going to be the phone pings & it leaving at the same time as the bin lorry that will always make this case so confusing and this throwing everything off, because we have 2 options:

1) The phone was in the bin lorry, either by mistake because he left it there or he dropped it in the bin while having a wee, or even chucked it in there voluntarily because it was broken. But if that's the case then why hasn't it been found in the landfill search if the landfill has been thoroughly checked?

2) He had his phone on him when he left the HS when he potentially had his wee and he walked up SB, but since this was about 3.30am then he will have had to have remained in that residential area for an hour before getting into a vehicle as his phone left BSE mast around 4.25, and moved at the pace of the vehicle If that's the case surely he would have texted or called at least someone at that point.

So if you go with Option 1 then he could have either gone to/ended up in a house in the area, come to harm there and from there I would assume he has been moved or he got a lift from the residential area and they could have driven absolutely anywhere and something happened and that's the hardest one because there is absolutely no way to pin point where he went from there

With Option 2, you have to question what he was doing for that hour before the phone leaves BSE, and surely within that hour he would attempted to text or call someone? Unless it was Pay as you go and he has no credit, even on PAG these days they have emergency ways of getting credit though and this leads me to believe it was Option 1. Its just TOO much of a coincidence that the phone left the same time as the bin lorry and went to the same area.

I think also read that police have knocked on all of the houses in the residential area and spoke to people and checked the front and back gardens, but surely if something has happened to him in a house they are hardly going to tell the police that.

I still feel something like being picked up by someone he doesn't know because in that residential area and the person could have gotten chatting to him and offered him a bed/sofa to crash on as opposed to driving him back to base and something has happened from there.

Re the phone, there's no evidence he even had it after leaving the club. N has seen all the CCTV of him, and she said that the phone is never in sight - he's never seen holding it or using it.

That is a good point, he could have already lost the phone during the night. Its not a phone I can imagine anyone wanting to steal though seeing as its not an expensive one, but it is still a coincidence that it leaves the BSE area at the same time as the bin lorry and heads in the same direction. Between that and the whole "he cant leave the area without being seen on CCTV" is what has put too much focus on the HS area, when I think he simply left the HS and carried on walking, I think if something untoward has happened to him, it has happened far away, or it happened in that residential part and he was later moved far away. Either way he could be and probably is no where near BSE IMO.

Usually in murder cases (I know its officially not, but could very well be) the body will often be moved later and usually as far away as possible.

I also have to question why it took this long to find out that the rear Cornhill cameras were not good quality. You would think that camera would have been eliminated straight away if it was not usable and they would have went back out and gotten the next possible CCTV footage on or past SB to see if he is seen on that or of any passing cars could be identified during those hours.

Does anyone know where the next CCTV camera was? I dont know the area but it looks like just all houses until you get to the bottom of SB and the junction of Well Street and theres something called Old School Hall on the corner whatever that is. I wonder if that had CCTV? From there you just have further roads with houses all branching off, I guess unless there is private CCTV your literally looking for a needle in a haystack beyond this

Re the phone, there's no evidence he even had it after leaving the club. N has seen all the CCTV of him, and she said that the phone is never in sight - he's never seen holding it or using it.

Yep, the whole 'he must have gone that way because of the phone pings' never stood up for me. His phone could very well have ended up in a bin and that is the reason it followed the same route as the bin lorry.

The whole issue about phone pings is what lead police to the landfill. The weight issue came later when they found out an employee had lied. However, before that, the police had been getting ready to search the landfill based on the phone pings.

IMO they should not have assumed he had his phone on him since the CCTV would indicate that there was a high chance his phone was lost/stolen.

I might be wrong but I’m sure N and the police stated that he sent a text message at 3.24am-ish? I’m sure that somewhere it said that someone had received a message from him around that time.
Just going to look....

Nope, I take it back.
A received a text message from him at 3.08 however the brothers have confirmed that after seeing CCTV footage, he wasn’t on his phone at that time.

I shall go back to skulking in the shadows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A received a text message from him at 3.08 however the brothers have confirmed that after seeing CCTV footage, he wasn’t on his phone at that time.

I think I read somewhere it was a photo message. Depending on signal status, there can be quite a long delay between a message being sent and received. Signal is poor where I live, and I have often received texts many hours after they were sent.

The phone pings leaving BSE and arriving in the BM/Mildenhall are. Was it ever decided that time of arrival at BM didn’t fit in with bin lorry due to the other pickups in BSE and elsewhere? Which would mean phone wasn’t in the lorry.

Thoughts please - jump on me if I’m wrong, I usually am lol.

I think I read somewhere it was a photo message. Depending on signal status, there can be quite a long delay between a message being sent and received. Signal is poor where I live, and I have often received texts many hours after they were sent.

It was a photo.message, and it was sent to April, who was on holiday in the States at the time.

I think N said that his iphone was broken and he was using a Nokia phone as a temporary measure.

She did say that. C was due for an upgrade shortly, so borrowed the Nokia from his mum until such time as he could replace his iPhone.

The phone pings leaving BSE and arriving in the BM/Mildenhall are. Was it ever decided that time of arrival at BM didn’t fit in with bin lorry due to the other pickups in BSE and elsewhere? Which would mean phone wasn’t in the lorry.

Thoughts please - jump on me if I’m wrong, I usually am lol.

IIRC, there was a time discrepancy mentioned for the start of the journey; didn't N say the phone pings LEFT the BSE mast within a minute or so of the bin lorry leaving the HS?

The additional pick-ups and journey time were debated on here at length, but I think only N has ever talked about them and not in any detail to know where the lorry went (other than the other Greggs?).

Short answer, no. I haven't seen any question marks over the arrival time of the phone pings in BM.

I might be wrong but I’m sure N and the police stated that he sent a text message at 3.24am-ish? I’m sure that somewhere it said that someone had received a message from him around that time.
Just going to look....

Nope, I take it back.

I shall go back to skulking in the shadows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah wasn't there a photo received and sent on to someone else? Or something like that?

So suddenly the rear CSC camera in SB is in question by N? No surprise there as we have discussed so many times. All this "he couldn't leave the HS without being seen on camera" has always been in doubt IMO - some just have not wanted to accept it.

I remember it being stated that the phone pings "loosely correlated to the bin lorry" but always thought that was a bit of a stretch jmo

IIRC, there was a time discrepancy mentioned for the start of the journey; didn't N say the phone pings LEFT the BSE mast within a minute or so of the bin lorry leaving the HS?

The additional pick-ups and journey time were debated on here at length, but I think only N has ever talked about them and not in any detail to know where the lorry went (other than the other Greggs?).

Short answer, no. I haven't seen any question marks over the arrival time of the phone pings in BM.

I remember it being said his phone was a dual sim. If he replaced the sim with another, would it still be tracked? I.e.is it the phone or the Sim that gets tracked? We know his last call was with his brother around 10.30 p.m.IIRC so nothing after that till A rec'd the photo. So when did C actually send that photo?

I remember it being stated that the phone pings "loosely correlated to the bin lorry" but always thought that was a bit of a stretch jmo

Me too. I was also never convinced by the insistence he could not leave the Horseshoe unseen - IIRC this statement has never been officially substantiated by SP.

So really for my own info. I want to ask about the CCTV that provided many of the publicised photos. Is it really impossible that C could have walked to SB without being recorded on these? The CCTV which was from the internal shopping centre cameras I believe are the ones that provided many pics - these are on the way to SB or am I incorrect? Were they on the way to McDonald's instead?

Apologies for dragging this up after so long, OIMO he left the Horseshoe, got to SB and from there... well who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip