UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. I am never really one to knock the police as I have luckily never been in a position where I have needed them but it does kind of prove the theories of cover ups and screw ups and mis leading info from victims or familes of victims etc. I am not saying the police are all bad because I am a huge fan of true crime shows and how they catch criminals through forensics and all that jazz and they do work tirelessly, but I guess its not always the case really and when this stuff does happen they wont admit they are wrong.

I thought Uncle Tony had examined and verified the CCTV cameras and also concluded Corrie could not have got out of the horseshoe unseen without being some kind of stealth ninja. We've been told in detail where all the cameras are and seen footage from most of them. So what has changed to now make it viable for Corrie to have left?

Honestly, this is THE most frustrating case I think I've ever followed on here, and now I just don't know what to believe any more. It is concerning that other families in a similar position, who may not be so persistent/suspicious/vocal as Nicola, could be simply getting fobbed off by the police.

I thought Uncle Tony had examined and verified the CCTV cameras and also concluded Corrie could not have got out of the horseshoe unseen without being some kind of stealth ninja. We've been told in detail where all the cameras are and seen footage from most of them. So what has changed to now make it viable for Corrie to have left?

Honestly, this is THE most frustrating case I think I've ever followed on here, and now I just don't know what to believe any more. It is concerning that other families in a similar position, who may not be so persistent/suspicious/vocal as Nicola, could be simply getting fobbed off by the police.

NU says that there's a figure in light clothing shown on CCTV leaving the horseshoe, and she believes the person to be Corrie. She backs this up with the Biffa driver's numerous and consistent statements that he saw Corrie. She says that this footage has only recently been shown to her.

I'd love to hear SP's side of this, and even more to have the confidence in the police that I could believe them.

NU says that there's a figure in light clothing shown on CCTV leaving the horseshoe, and she believes the person to be Corrie. She backs this up with the Biffa driver's numerous and consistent statements that he saw Corrie. She says that this footage has only recently been shown to her.

I'd love to hear SP's side of this, and even more to have the confidence in the police that I could believe them.

We've discussed this on here and N's recent statements about this person in light clothing being C completely contradict her statement from a live Q&A on 28 Dec 16: "The driver has been spoken to on a number of occasions. He arrived at 4.20am and thought he saw Corrie in the horseshoe but through investigation by the police, this male is seen on CCTV there but it isn't Corrie. He has now been identified as people saw him on the footage in the pod and I have too, it was a man standing using his phone so its not the case that the bin man saw Corrie."

Would be nice to find out what's changed and why she's now discounting a real person.

IIRC Uncle Tony did say that. From findcorrie, and I doubt the first paragraph is a quite by N, more likely UT:

"Not even Jason Bourne or 007 could get out on foot without being seen on CCTV let alone a drunk Corrie. This has physically been tested by the Police and theoretically by the Military. It is NOT possible to leave on foot without being seen…UNLESS it is AFTER 1600hrs (4pm) on Saturday afternoon as the Police do not have CCTV after that time.***Corrie could walk around the area and could access buildings that have not been forensically searched.*** Even if Corrie gained access to these buildings he would be seen coming out."

The news article also says "ALL they can say is they didn’t see him leave before 12am, after that, they have NOT even looked!!!" If that's a direct quote, it's the wrong time, so does N now mean 12pm?

And if I want to be picky, it was a bin, not a skip; they are different.

Last edited:
NU also says the entire landfill was searched - this isn't true. Some of the landfill is contaminated and not safe to be searched.

I can understand why she doesn't want to believe the truth and I feel sorry for her.

We've discussed this on here and N's recent statements about this person in light clothing being C completely contradict her statement from a live Q&A on 28 Dec 16: "The driver has been spoken to on a number of occasions. He arrived at 4.20am and thought he saw Corrie in the horseshoe but through investigation by the police, this male is seen on CCTV there but it isn't Corrie. He has now been identified as people saw him on the footage in the pod and I have too, it was a man standing using his phone so its not the case that the bin man saw Corrie."

Would be nice to find out what's changed and why she's now discounting a real person.

Like I said in my post, you can take anything that was previously said with a grain of salt. There has been nothing but misleading information and facts fed to her from the police and from her to the public. Making most things contradicting.

This statement in the Q&A says to me that yes a male was seen on CCTV looking at his phone but this person was ELSEWHERE (because you cant see into the horseshoe via CCTV, so it certainly wasnt there) that person was then identified by people in the pod and ruled out. This is a completely different person to the man the bin man identified as Corrie I think somehow the info has gotten confused, misinterpreteded etc. (It is possible for the entire CCTV footage they have, two different people were looking at their phone, seeing as most people do)

But she has now said several times recently, including another post yesterday that the bin man emphatically states he saw Corrie in the HS. He has been questioned multiple times in regards to this and has never wavered. Shes expected by the police to believe that he the bin man is lying, but at the same time the police are doing nothing whatsoever with the fact that they think he is lying.

Shes expected by the police to believe that he the bin man is lying, but at the same time the police are doing nothing whatsoever with the fact that they think he is lying.

Or to put it less dramatically, they think he's mistaken.

I'm not sure what to think now, following N's latest outpouring. I can't remember if we are allowed to link to the public Find Corrie FB page (as opposed to the closed group) but Nicola has added a very long post in the last 24 hours.

Or to put it less dramatically, they think he's mistaken.

I'm not sure what to think now, following N's latest outpouring. I can't remember if we are allowed to link to the public Find Corrie FB page (as opposed to the closed group) but Nicola has added a very long post in the last 24 hours.

Yes, you put it much better than me lol.

I'd completely understand if the bin man said "Well, I possibly could have seen him, Im not really sure, but I think it was him" then that's a very vague statement and you can't really pin a lot on it, but from what I am gathering this bin man has been interviewed over and over and he is adamant he saw Corrie stood there, then Corrie was gone when he was leaving. That's a whole other kettle of fish. If someone is that adamant, if you think they are "mistaken" you are pretty much accusing them of lying, and it is true what she is saying, if the police think the bin man is lying/mistaken and think he was in the bin, why are they not doing anything about that? If he they think he went in the bin then someone is lying, covering up a crime and they need to do something about it. I completely get where Nicola is coming from whether you agree with how she handles matters or not.

Nicola's latest post points out there is more evidence to say he wasnt in the bin, than he was.. the only evidence they have to say he was is:

- He walks into an area next to the bins
- His phone pings were traced to the five roads roundbout at Barton Mills making it "possible" the phone travelled the same way as the lorry
- The bin was 116kg (near Corries weights)

The evidence to say he WASNT (and some of it makes some of the above evidence wishy washy to begin with):

- The phone pings are not conclusive, his phone could have been 5 miles of each ping, doesn't necessarily mean it was travelling in the bin.
- Gregg's were regularly over 80kg on any given night, which means she was given mis information and the weight of the bin was not uncommon, police have now stated for a fact the previous Saturday it was over 100KG
- The bin man has repeatedly said he saw Corrie in the HS, he checked the bin and Corrie was not in there
- Absolutely zero trace of DNA of Corrie in the bin lorry or at Red Lodge
- No trace at all of Corrie at Red Lodge, she points out that he could not have gone unnoticed while there when staff are moving rubbish around constantly, and staff can find things as small as mobile phones (that's how closely they watch)

In my opinion the bin hoopla just keeps going around in circles, He clearly wasn't in it. They wasted millions on the search, the police used it as a cop out because they clearly screwed up on the case and backed themselves into a corner.

BTW does anyone think if this was a female that had gone missing, this investigation would have been entirely different? It reminds me so much of all these young male water deaths. Especially the ones in Manchester, an unusually high amount put down to accidents and the police refuse to further investigate. It also reminds me of that Grindr Killer, when those young gay guys died they put it down to accidental drug overdoses and refused to investigate despite there being clear links between the deaths.

A young lad goes missing and the police seem to put down to drunken foolery of being near water, getting in bins or taking drugs. It just doesnt seem to be taken as seriously. Very disturbing.

Just wanted to note from this new CCTV footage situation, I am assuming the footage in question is the CCTV up Short Brackland at the back of Cornhill which we all questioned the quality of and by all accounts it’s pretty bad quality.

The person in light clothing who Nicola now assumes to be Corrie, according to one of the comments on FB (I think from someone who helps run the page) the polices response to this was they believe it still is one of the three people wearing dark clothes a) Its a trick of the light because of the bad quality making the dark clothes look light or b) one of them in dark changed clothing.

So now it could be that Nicola is grasping at straws and the police are correct, or her instincts are right and the police have made yet another blunder. Question again is why wasn’t she made aware of this, this is still significant even if the police don’t think that’s Corrie. She still should have been made aware and shown this much sooner so she can make her own judgement. But alas they clearly want to her to believe or accept he was in the bin so they didn’t. More horrible policing.

Now I wonder what those 3 people said in thier statements. Surely they would have noticed Corrie walking near by them? It does tally up with what the bin man said that there was 4 people when he arrived (3 + Corrie) and all 4 was gone by the time he was leaving which means Corrie and the other 3 left the area at the same time.

In fairness it could be plausible that the 3 people didn’t pay any attention to Corrie whatsoever and actually didn’t notice him, I mean it’s not like they would be thinking anything out of the originary they would have been likely walking along chatting among themselves. I personally am not very perceptive of my surroundings when I’m out and about I kind of tunnel vision walk along so I get that. But there was 3 of them, bit weird none of them seen him? Are they involved? Are they telling porkies?

They really could do with a CCTV analyst looking at this footage. If they can identify makes and models of cars from a blurred grainy photo they could probably pick something up from this. I only assume given the fact Nicola herself wasn’t shown this until recently I doubt they will have bothered to call in a CCTV analyst. I think they only reserve that kind of thing for when they know they are looking at a murder case and not just a missing persons enquiry.

After all the twists and turns this case had I do not wonder why Nicola didn't show up on that memorial. Police did screw up, so perhaps someday they will make it up....

The same people arrived at the horseshoe at around the same time as Corrie, 03:24. And were still there at around 4:20 when the bin lorry arrived. I know who I'd be repeatedly questioning and it's not the bin man.
They would have been on camera for a lot of that time though, unless they were in a building or something.

The same people arrived at the horseshoe at around the same time as Corrie, 03:24. And were still there at around 4:20 when the bin lorry arrived. I know who I'd be repeatedly questioning and it's not the bin man.
They would have been on camera for a lot of that time though, unless they were in a building or something.

Good point. The horseshoe doesn't have a camera covering it but certainly these people who arrived together would be picked up by cameras elsewhere approaching the horseshoe. What could they have been doing for an hour I wonder. It's possible they were in a building. Very interesting. Yes, I'd look closer at those people too. JMO

Suffolk Police said the footage showed three individuals who were "tracked walking into the area and away from the area".
It said clearer images of them were found, "enabling identification".
The force said all three individuals had been spoken to by police and had identified themselves from the images.
It said it was "confident" none of them was Mr Mckeague.
The force said the individuals were ruled out in autumn 2016.

So the people were identified very early in the investigation. That explains why the footage wasn't shown to the wider public, and why the police saw no need to show it to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019