Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says it was sent to a friend as a continuation of an earlier conversation
If I'm mistaken I will publicly apologise here and now. Retrospectively, my sweeping statement should NOT have been made so vehemently without adequate research to back up my thoughts. School boy error.

Seeing as the bins are back on topic, some facts:

Biffa do not tip recyclables or general waste in Mildenhall. Recyclables go to Newmarket, Cambridge and Great Blakenham.
EGeneral waste is tipped (incinerated) at Great Blakenham or Waterbeach. The Mildenhall centre is where you might take your xmas wrapping paper or old sofa.

Final point, most high street retailers backhaul their recyclables to their distribution centres for resale.

The bin weight for me remains the biggest issue.

Biffa do not tip recyclables or general waste in Mildenhall. Recyclables go to Newmarket, Cambridge and Great Blakenham.
EGeneral waste is tipped (incinerated) at Great Blakenham or Waterbeach. The Mildenhall centre is where you might take your xmas wrapping paper or old sofa.

Final point, most high street retailers backhaul their recyclables to their distribution centres for resale.

OK, so we can rule out this being a Biffa bin lorry then?

I'm watching an early police press conference at the moment (article is dated 3rd October) and there's been mention of a 'refuse lorry' going to BM (which the police believed was its final destination - though he wasn't 100% without the info in front of him) but no mention of it being recyclables and certainly no mention of Biffa. If anyone has a police or family (or even media) quote for either fact, that would be very helpful!

I thought Darroch said in the press conference that someone had asked Corrie for a photo from a previous night out. Another party had sent this photo to Corrie and he duly forwarded it on to the requester at 3:08am.

Depends on the round, it may have had a final collection in BM before heading to tip.
The bins in the horseshoe are ALL Biffa with the exception of one council bin.

OK, so we can rule out this being a Biffa bin lorry then?

I'm watching an early police press conference at the moment (article is dated 3rd October) and there's been mention of a 'refuse lorry' going to BM (which the police believed was its final destination - though he wasn't 100% without the info in front of him) but no mention of it being recyclables and certainly no mention of Biffa. If anyone has a police or family (or even media) quote for either fact, that would be very helpful!

Welcome back! Any idea when the general domestic bins are collected for the properties at the rear of SUPERDRUG Pilgrim?
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 85
"Elf and safety" would dictate every 48 hours for general waste, sooner if there was food waste (true of Greggs and Superdrug).

At the risk of confusing matters even further, are we sure that the bin lorry known to have travelled from BSE to BM is the same bin lorry that was seen on CCTV in the area Corrie entered? Or is it very unlikely that there would be more than one bin lorry out and about in BSE in the small hours of a Saturday morning?

The website and police site only mention the bin lorry going from BSE to BM, not from any specific location within BSE.

Apologies, domestic in town is fortnightly, Tuesday's I believe.
So it's safe to say(is it not) that the domestic residential looking bins wouldn't e collected at 0400 on a Saturday morning? More likely to be one of the remaining larger bins....red or blue.

At the risk of confusing matters even further, are we sure that the bin lorry known to have travelled from BSE to BM is the same bin lorry that was seen on CCTV in the area Corrie entered? Or is it very unlikely that there would be more than one bin lorry out and about in BSE in the small hours of a Saturday morning?

The website and police site only mention the bin lorry going from BSE to BM, not from any specific location within BSE.

Well Nicola has also previously said the bin lorry set off a motion activated camera on/near the fiveways roundabout so they should know if it was the same one?

Besides, surely the bin lorry driver has already confirmed he was in both Short Brackland and Mildenhall recycling centre that morning?

So it's safe to say(is it not) that the domestic residential looking bins wouldn't e collected at 0400 on a Saturday morning? More likely to be one of the remaining larger bins....red or blue.

I'm not sure you could say that without definite information. Since the domestic bins seem to be accessible, ie the householder does not actively need to put them out, it would make sense for them to be emptied during the night rather than risk clogging up the streets by day. A loading bay like that might need to be kept clear for deliveries during opening hours.

@PilgrimsPrayer

Do you know if there are domestic rented/owned and occupied flats above Superdrug/Greggs/Carphone warehouse etc?

To my knowledge there are not, there are however domestic properties above the commercial premises on the left as you head down Short Brackland.

Just one one more point, the rear of he cornhill shopping centre has a large loading bay/refuse collection area, it is possible that these bins were also collected but were manually moved to the wagon due to the one way system and narrow streets. This would give a prolonged time period for the bin wagon to be in the vicinity.

@PilgrimsPrayer

Do you know if there are domestic rented/owned and occupied flats above Superdrug/Greggs/Carphone warehouse etc?

To my knowledge there are not, there are however domestic properties above the commercial premises on the left as you head down Short Brackland.

Just one one more point, the rear of he cornhill shopping centre has a large loading bay/refuse collection area, it is possible that these bins were also collected but were manually moved to the wagon due to the one way system and narrow streets. This would give a prolonged time period for the bin wagon to be in the vicinity.

Thanks. This backs up what I have found from my own research. So going back now to the hoodie man seen leaving the horseshoe area on CCTV (at whatever time) I wonder what he was doing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79