UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corrie's family can give his laptop/tablet to the police for inspection - of course. But they can't access Corrie's Facebook, let alone give permission to the police to do so.

Facebook clearly states that they MAY share information of someone's Facebook, but only in response to a court order or subpoenas. I've quoted part of Facebooks terms here:

"We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States"

I find it strange that as Corrie is listed a 'missing person' and has been missing just 8 weeks, the police have already gone through a court process to gain access to his account. As a missing person I'm not convinced they'd be granted a warrant so soon....or indeed that the police would even request one. And nothing has been made public about that, so I bet they haven't.

If someone is logging into his account, I just can't see it being the police. What's more, the police don't need to regularly log onto an account for the data - they would download it all in one go.

IF they had access to it they may log in to check his private inbox messages, but who would be sending him messages when he's disappeared?

She stated very early on that his social media accounts had been accessed by the police. Twitter, Facebook, instagram, and plenty of fish and not to worry about it appearing he's active because it was infact them and or the police checking on things.
BUT then went on to say they did not have access to things like WhatsApp.
WhatsApp backs up to Google drive (on Android phones) which is retrievable remotely (I hear court order in the back of my mind needed).
Which for me brings back into play this entire dual sim aspect of his phone.

We all know that a PAYG sim is near impossible to trace,
His phone creates two separate IMEI numbers when a second sim is inserted, and it switches between the two, they do not communicate - they can be two separate net works, types, anything.
The idea he Has or had a separate sim is only their account of knowing him (no disrespect) and therefore to me remains a point that maybe he still has his phone, factory reset, new sim inserted and the phone is as good as new.

Are you saying that some of Corrie's social media e.g. Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat etc has been deleted? Do you know that as fact in as much as you actually saw the posts that have now gone?

If that's correct then that's REALLY strange.

If someone close to Corrie has deleted these alleged posts - then they're obviously trying to hide something.

Do do you know when the posts were deleted? It could be Corrie himself (if he's gone AWOL or it could be someone else whose finally cracked his password, and is keeping their fingers crossed that people may not have seen those original posts.

Providing what you say say is correct, of course...

Regarding your FACT that "the powers that be have access to such things" - how do you know that? My understanding has always been that Facebook etc will not under any circumstances allow ANYONE access to someone else's account. I don't think even the police are allowed access, unless maybe through a court order, but even then I'm sure Facebook won't co-operate.

It it might be worth verifying that with Facebook themselves, and all the other social sites Corrie belongs to. I'm CONVINCED they refuse people access - whoever they are - so if data has definitely been deleted since he went missing, either he's deleted it, or someone close to him has finally cracked his password and deleted it.

Do you know the contents of what was deleted?

I just posted a response to someone else that should clear up the bit surrounding the access to Facebook, this was posted by family and again in many screenshots we are told not to worry about access because it is them.

<mod snip>

When I've got some time I will compile everything into an easy to swallow message and post it here.

The Nokia Lumia 435 is available as single SIM or dual SIM.

My understanding - though I never actually saw Tony's response - was that Tony had confirmed that Corrie had the single SIM version. Does anyone have a note of the family source / quote saying he has the dual SIM version?

His quote was that Corrie did not USE a second sim.
Open ended statement to a closed end question.

She stated very early on that his social media accounts had been accessed by the police. Twitter, Facebook, instagram, and plenty of fish and not to worry about it appearing he's active because it was infact them and or the police checking on things.
BUT then went on to say they did not have access to things like WhatsApp.
WhatsApp backs up to Google drive (on Android phones) which is retrievable remotely (I hear court order in the back of my mind needed).
Which for me brings back into play this entire dual sim aspect of his phone.

We all know that a PAYG sim is near impossible to trace,
His phone creates two separate IMEI numbers when a second sim is inserted, and it switches between the two, they do not communicate - they can be two separate net works, types, anything.
The idea he Has or had a separate sim is only their account of knowing him (no disrespect) and therefore to me remains a point that maybe he still has his phone, factory reset, new sim inserted and the phone is as good as new.

Are lumias android? Or are they windows?

Regarding Whatsapp - from my own experience - if you order a replacement SIM card and put it in a new phone it doesn't show old conversations. I think they're stored on the actual phone.

However, Corrie had a "two-sim" phone, which are hard to buy in the U.K. I understand they're popular in many other countries, but haven't been marketed in the U.K. You can find 2-sim phones online, but due to their scarcety here you're limited to what phone you can buy; hence possibly why Corrie had quite an old, low value phone? The reason most people buy 2-sim phones, is that they need one number for business and one private number. The SIM cards don't need to be with the same network, either.

I wonder if Corrie's family have done a search to locate the phone number of the second sim, which I'd imagine Corrie possibly had - why else have a 2-sim phone if not for wanting two separate numbers?

A 'two sim phone' is essentially a normal mobile phone with the facility to physically accommodate two SIM cards. They are used when you need to save carrying two phones around as you need two numbers and hence an additional phone. An example of their use is as has been suggested, a business number and a private number on the same phone.
In Corrie's case being a 'deployable asset', he would be in and out of countries on a regular basis. If not and with the amount of travelling he appears to do, a permanent SIM card for 'Blighty' and a SIM card bought in the country he's visiting would be another way of looking at it. In my day, these phones weren't available. I see no reason why they haven't slipped into the culture of these types of guys today.
Interestingly, the Lanzerote comment came up in an earlier conversation. Does his biological father live there? Did he get the phone from him as a 'here, you can have that' gift? Is there a possible link? Hmmmmm.... &#129300;

Morning :) Can I ask does no one still think then that whatever happened to him wasn't done locally ? Reading the comment on the fb page of a women who lives locally saying her car is parked in the area but not picked up by cctv make me think a lot. Did Corrie plan on walking back did the cctv miss him and a local walking down approached him further down or they came out there house chit chat offered to let Corrie use there phone etc etc. The dark clothes person the original person who first mentioned him did say the hub last time was there showed this guy then that's a few weeks back I cant see him being much significant when they have left it to long between times. I think if it was an arranged meeting one of his base mates would know this goes on and mention that Corrie as a regular he speaks to off whatever social media there is always bragging with base mates unless there ashamed and haven't come forward because its a gay relationship and worried how the lads will see him. Married women I still think you would do the bragging (have a lad same age). I am just throwing stuff out there guys so I hope that's ok. Anyone had feelings could be an inside job he has had relations of the opposite sex with someone higher up in command threatened to expose it. Lots and lots have crossed my mind I do feel its very hard as we are only getting snipets of information and really Tony gives an update with not much more information he just words it right to look like there is more.

the comment on the bottom of the thread are useful aswell thanks you MidsummersDay x

In regards to what happened, I do think they are semi local, I do think he knows them and I do think he was picked up in a vehicle. Aside from that it's anyone's guess

For those who think the phone was binned, I was wondering how it all happened. If the phone was snatched to begin with, it would have been difficult to then get him in the vehicle with him knowing of foul play. So other options...were there 2 people?..was he bundled into vehicle first, then phone disposed of?..was he attacked to begin with?

For those who think the phone was binned, I was wondering how it all happened. If the phone was snatched to begin with, it would have been difficult to then get him in the vehicle with him knowing of foul play. So other options...were there 2 people?..was he bundled into vehicle first, then phone disposed of?..was he attacked to begin with?

If this were the scenario I'd imagine two people but I guess it's not outside the realms of possibilty there were one.

I'm glad my brain is functioning in one aspect this morning!

I think if you can find out who he was meeting you'll be able to make enough deductions. Sadly I think without the phone it's a tall order.

For me now having more facts. There is 3 scenarios.

1: He arranged to meet someone by choice to hook up for the night via a dating app. Someone he has been chatting to for a while but maybe never meet before. They arranged to pick him up from the turn around area at the back of greggs after their night out. Phone went with him towards the direction of barton mills in the car. Something happened untoward. Maybe this person was married. Had a BF. He found out maybe. Or this person was a predator of sorts and groomed Corrie over a period to gain his trust. Or maybe just maybe it started innocently and something bad happened by accident and this person is scared.

2: Corrie got chatting to someone on the dating app. Told them he had been told to leave the club early and is sitting eating food and deciding how to get home. They offer him a lift, he accepts and waits for them to turn up after their night out. He meets them in the horseshoe area. This person was nuts. Something happens to him after that.

3: He walks/jogs down to the back of greggs ready to make his way back to camp on foot. Someone calls him over. He goes to see what the matter. Person grabs him. Puts him in the car, discards his phone in the bin. Takes him against his will. Something happens after that. An unprovoked attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about what Tony said yesterday about 23 people seen on CCTV in the vicinity of the Horseshoe still needing to come forward so they can be eliminated from the police enquiries. Maybe someone needs to offer a reward for anyone giving information to the police leading to Corrie being found (Crowdfunding? I know a lot of people have offered to give financial help to Nicola and the family - this would be an alternative way of helping maybe).Not sure what other people think? Also, if there were a police amnesty for people dealing or whatever in the vicinity of the Horseshoe on that night, maybe this would also get some people to come forward.

To break it down. My personal thoughts.

1: An unprovoked attack. Left in a vehicle. Unwillingly.

2: Went willingly, something went wrong later away from horseshoe area.

3: Got a lift part way/wrong way, started walking, something happened.

4: In one of the buildings in the last area seen, but they cannot be searched without a warrant.

5: Alien abduction [emoji89]

Also based on the strength of a lone female against Corrie, I think we can rule out lone female. He is a medium built guy who like to work out. Ok he isnt ripped but he has strength I would imagine. So a man must be involved here.

Could be a man alone, a man and a women, two men. You get my drift.

I've been wondering for some time if what he was really doing was exposing himself and taking dick pics to send to whoever he was "talking" to. If the contact had come from some hookup app or other he might decide to display the goods, as it were, by way of inducement. Just the sort of thing a drunk young man might think a good idea.

That could mean that the person who approached him in the doorway was telling him to put it away or he'd call the police.

We've been told that the photo at 3.08 was of Corrie and one of his brothers (can't remember which one), in IMO that's probably true, dick pics is a bit too much of a leap for me.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members