UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, newly registered but have followed Websleuths super sleuthing over the years. I rarely add as mostly things are posted while I'm still thinking about it.

I too spotted this and I don't think it is a chip, he appears to tuck whatever it is into his top right shirt pocket, if it has one, or he's rubbing the chip on his shirt to clean it ??
Can anyone else see what I mean, I don't see it being dropped food.

If i dropped a chip imp on the ground I wouldn't pick it up - rub it on my shirt to clean off any possible dog poo - the eat it.

But, the sim card has your contact list on it. Why throw the phone without retrieving the card to go in your new phone? And if he's not going to get paid for another week, it might be a good idea to keep the phone with the cracked screen just for another week until payday and change the sim cards over when he has a new phone for it to go in?

I'm only saying this because I thought the same thing, that Corrie's the most likely person to throw the phone in the bin and to do that because he's fed up with the phone and has decided to get a new one...cracked screen is a fine reason for that. But I want to argue against myself as well and not just accept everything I think.

But Corrie had a 2-SIM phone, so why would he have such a phone (which are hard to come by here) if he didn't have another sim too? He may have taken the other SIM out....

Nor me, especially as I've a mountain of other food.
I can go with 3 second rule at home but not in the street, was only trying to wonder what he would be doing with this retrieved chip as it is stated, absolutely, "it's a chip".

eta: replying to soundssuspicious

The untaxed car is weighing on me - he could probably drive it on base without being ticketed but off base sounds risky. And leaving it overnight in a public car park off base? I just don't see it.

Corrie posted pics of this cute silver convertible MG that he purchased at 21. On Instagram, he shows his new, shiny blue BMW convertible (age 23). Guy liked his cars! Would any guy rightfully want to leave his beautiful, shiny car in an open car park over night, knowing it was untaxed and could get booted (and potentially damaged in the process)? Plus, IIRC, convertibles were not really the norm in this area due to the weather, so it was an eye-grabber. Seems like he would either be trying to sober up to drive it home or if he was meeting someone, planned to come back later that morning to pick it up. I almost see him leaning more toward sobering and driving it to safety than leaving it to be ticketed otherwise. You?

Before we go off on a wild goose chase has someone checked the reg of the car with the DVLA? How do we know it's untaxed? Since the change in the vehicle tax system it's really easy to forget to do it. I'm super law abiding but without the disc on the windscreen I can see me forgetting to pay my tax one year

It is possible to have two UK passports at the same time. The most common situations where a second one is issued are:

1. You need to travel regularly to both Israel and the arab countries;

2. You travel regularly to countries which require visas which have to be obtained in advance. Eg, you have to send off your passport to get a visa for Country A but need to visit Country B in the meantime. These users are typically business travellers.

3. You need to keep one passport for personal travel and another for business travel.

How can you be 100% sure that Corrie only had one passport?

I have spent more years than I care to mention in the Mob and been around a fair bit. I have never, ever been offered, given or put on a second passport list. Never heard of it.....respectfully.

[
Before we go off on a wild goose chase has someone checked the reg of the car with the DVLA? How do we know it's untaxed? Since the change in the vehicle tax system it's really easy to forget to do it. I'm super law abiding but without the disc on the windscreen I can see me forgetting to pay my tax one year

How recently did he buy the BMW?

A lot of people are being caught out at present due to the still fairly recent change in the law which means that car tax can no longer be transferred with the car. He might have thought he had a few months' tax when he acquired the vehicle.

I have spent more years than I care to mention in the Mob and been around a fair bit. I have never, ever been offered, given or put on a second passport list. Never heard of it.....respectfully.

If by The Mob you mean the military, I will bow to your experience.

However, having two UK passports is not unknown for business travellers. The UKPA does not like people having more than one UK passport but they do recognise that some people need two.

How recently did he buy the BMW?

A lot of people are being caught out at present due to the still fairly recent change in the law which means that car tax can no longer be transferred with the car. He might have thought he had a few months' tax when he acquired the vehicle.

According to his Instagram it was earlier his year

For what it's worth and based on my own interpretation of his actions, my experiences and attitudes...
I would plump for one of my original theories of an affair with an American Serviceman's wife who possibly works locally in a pub, club (or not) and has access to a car. He's been seeing her on and off and when he can. She's stuck in a US base with limited interaction and needs a buzz. Corrie is that buzz. They met on neutral soil originally (night out/weekend social function on US base?) He's been sending her messages after leaving the club to meet her whilst her husband is away. The husband has intercepted the phone and messages, gone to meet him, hard punched him into the back of the car, phone fallen out of shirt pocket, phone goes into the bin and Corrie is driven away.

Its right that we've discussed Corrie having possible involvement with Tinder AND Grinder AND drugs AND awol AND....that is what this forum is designed to do. To address difficult topics with a view to finding a near perfect answer to a problem. As unsavoury as they are, we HAVE to discuss them to solve issues.

The last theory of mine is that he was a secret Harry Potter fan and he'd just found Platform 9 3/4!!

Was loathe to reply to this as I then have to scroll all the way back to page I'm on...grrrr

Dont agree whatsoever that Corrie was in an affair with a married woman (and why does she have to be a US airmans wife?) but totally agree that ALL possibilities need looking at...

And LOVED your Harry Potter idea!!! 😂

However, having two UK passports is not unknown for business travellers. The UKPA does not like people having more than one UK passport but they do recognise that some people need two.

I've heard of this too! And here's a nice MSM article that mentions it:

"It is legal to have two passports
British nationals can legally hold two passports. The practice is useful for frequent travellers who may need to send one off for visa applications while still needing another to travel. However, you will need to provide supporting evidence for the requirement, for example a letter from an employer. It can also be useful when your travel history has the potential to affect your entry eligibility. For instance, an Israeli passport stamp can prevent entry to countries such as Iran and Lebanon.
The US recently introduced rules prohibiting visitors from applying for an Esta if they have visited Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen since 11 March 2011. "

Is this confirmed somewhere? My understanding was it comes as either single sim or dual sim and we don't know that he had dual sim.
So, what you're saying is Corrie was having an affair with a married woman, who was around the same age as himself (23) and should be in the honeymoon phase of her marriage...maybe has young kids too. Her husband happens to work nights...handy, that. Rather going straight round to her place he gorges on two cheeseburgers, chips and a smelly kebab...after drinking himself into a near stupor...slumps in a doorway for two hours surrounded by smelly food packaging...then phones his married lover at 3:00am because he's feeling soooo romantic...she gets out of bed...drives to collect him while he's all smelly and disorientated...then drives him back to her place (without either of them or her car being spotted...have rampant sex....then suddenly her husband comes in....he kills Corrie....and they've kept his body in the house for 8 weeks? Or carried his body out of the house without neighbours seeing and dumps him somewhere? Seriously?

But Corrie had a 2-SIM phone, so why would he have such a phone (which are hard to come by here) if he didn't have another sim too? He may have taken the other SIM out....

The thing with the "an affair with a married woman" is...
....where would she say she was from 3.30am onwards, had nothing happened.

There has to be a reason for "3.30am"
And there has to be "what would have normally happened"

Good point, well presented, have a sweetee ;)

I think we have come to the point were we need to establish a possible reason to meet at 0330. I'm settled for the time being that it is 0330 and that in typical RAF fashion he's adapted and tried to overcome.
So, the simplified questions are down to these...

1. What's the attraction for his phone to travel north eastwards towards Barton Mills and Mildenhall?
2. What is so important about the accepted 0330 time?

Well being in the services and when you are posted abroad on active duty..you get 1 for work and 1 for leisure (personal)

Just wondered if Corrie had 2 thats all...and if so..were they both back in his room or just 1 ..
Where have you got this information from? Are you stating facts or summizing?

Yes but as I've said a couple of pages ago even if he had a second one off his own back 2Sqn would have a record of the second one. Can we please drop the second passport now?

So, what you're saying is Corrie was having an affair with a married woman, who was around the same age as himself (23) and should be in the honeymoon phase of her marriage...maybe has young kids too. Her husband happens to work nights...handy, that. Rather going straight round to her place he gorges on two cheeseburgers, chips and a smelly kebab...after drinking himself into a near stupor...slumps in a doorway for two hours surrounded by smelly food packaging...then phones his married lover at 3:00am because he's feeling soooo romantic...she gets out of bed...drives to collect him while he's all smelly and disorientated...then drives him back to her place (without either of them or her car being spotted...have rampant sex....then suddenly her husband comes in....he kills Corrie....and they've kept his body in the house for 8 weeks? Or carried his body out of the house without neighbours seeing and dumps him somewhere? Seriously?

In my experience that sounds absolutely reasonable as far as what men are like lol For a first date, no I don't think so, but for someone he's been seeing a while? Totally normal man behaviour.

What I actually suspect is that the hubby was called away for some reason, and work seems likely. He'd kind of have to be out of the house for this theory to work. Why not spend the evening with her instead of going to the pub? I don't know, there could be a perfectly simple explanation, she might have gone out somewhere else and Corrie couldn't go with her as they'd want to act like a couple but couldn't in the company they'd be in.

I see her as maybe being a couple of years older than him, and people of any age can have relationship problems, even within a few months of marriage.

So her hubby's called into work and he's not expected back until later on Saturday morning. She goes out to a get together with friends but can't take Corrie with her because her friends know her hubby too well. Corrie goes to the pub. But his evening was cut short, he had his food, he's had too much drink to drive, his mates have probably gone home without him (because he fell asleep). So he messages her and says he really wants to see her and to come pick him up or he'll have to sleep in his car or walk back to base (spins it thick with puppy dog eyes). She's crazy in lust, so she goes for it...it's 3.30am, neighbours aren't likely to see him going into her place, and sneak Corrie back out early in the morning before hubby gets back. But hubby gets back early, or they both fall asleep and don't wake up until the door opens and heavy footsteps walk in.

They can't hide a body in the house for 8 weeks, it probably goes Saturday night under cover of darkness, just pull the car up to the door and it's doable. It's been done before, there will be hundreds of stories in this forum where it's happened. There are far nastier and sicker things that sounded way more implausible aplenty in this forum.

Was the car seen? I can't see how it could have been missed if it actually went into the horseshoe, and I can't think of a valid reason to drive down there at that time of night, but if you can make something up, what can the police do? Without evidence of a crime, there's nothing they can do. But if you give them time, they can get that evidence, whether it's this or something else behind Corrie's disappearance. Get the right witnesses to come forward to time Corrie's disappearance from the horseshoe, time that to the appearance of the car, follow the car around town and maybe find an image that can be enhanced to show someone in the passenger seat with blonde hair and a light-coloured shirt...find a body, and then you've got a warrant to search the house and car and take the couple in for questioning. It might take another month or two but it can be done.

Nor me, especially as I've a mountain of other food.
I can go with 3 second rule at home but not in the street, was only trying to wonder what he would be doing with this retrieved chip as it is stated, absolutely, "it's a chip".

eta: replying to soundssuspicious

Chip fork yes, salt sachet possibly, garlic mayo sachet most definitely. If it's a garlic mayo sachet for his kebab then you would expect to hold it up to your mouth and rip it open and then squeeze it from above the box or package.
Could have been a garlic mayo sachet NOT a chip?

Chip fork yes, salt sachet possibly, garlic mayo sachet most definitely. If it's a garlic mayo sachet for his kebab then you would expect to hold it up to your mouth and rip it open and then squeeze it from above the box or package.
Could have been a garlic mayo sachet NOT a chip?

Sachet sounds good to me. That's something you wouldn't mind picking up from the ground and giving it a quick wipe before opening it. And you might stick it in your top shirt pocket to keep you from dropping it again.

I've heard of this too! And here's a nice MSM article that mentions it:

"It is legal to have two passports
British nationals can legally hold two passports. The practice is useful for frequent travellers who may need to send one off for visa applications while still needing another to travel. However, you will need to provide supporting evidence for the requirement, for example a letter from an employer. It can also be useful when your travel history has the potential to affect your entry eligibility. For instance, an Israeli passport stamp can prevent entry to countries such as Iran and Lebanon.
The US recently introduced rules prohibiting visitors from applying for an Esta if they have visited Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen since 11 March 2011. "

To be fair,
I was always slightly perturbed when we were served pork and apple sandwiches in our butty boxes before we flew into the Middle East ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member