UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There might not have been any plan. Like Lemony Snicket, it was a Series of Unfortunate Events. Goes out, drinks way too much, gets kebab, sits down and eats, falls asleep, woken by concerned stranger around 3am, tries to get in touch with mates and waits till 3.25. Does he have a contact for a person who does cheap lift home? Or any one of the other possibilities. We could be going round in circles for a while...

There might not have been any plan. Like Lemony Snicket, it was a Series of Unfortunate Events. Goes out, drinks way too much, gets kebab, sits down and eats, falls asleep, woken by concerned stranger around 3am, tries to get in touch with mates and waits till 3.25. Does he have a contact for a person who does cheap lift home? Or any one of the other possibilities. We could be going round in circles for a while...

After watching the 1sr cctv....it doesn't look like Corrie was that drunk to be honest....that's my opinion anyway

In terms of the waiting and ore arranged lifts, he sat in a doorway for two hours and unintentionally fell asleep. Plenty of time to try catch people still up on WhatsApp and secured then wait for a lift.

It's said he slept for two hours but we know that isn't true. He sat down to finish eating his food and was awake at 3.08. He could have been on his phone or closing his eyes (but not sleeping)
I wonder if he chose that doorway because it is a good wi fi and signal area so he could easily use his phone? we know he was awake at 1.30 when he headed there and was awake to text at 3.08 so perhaps an hour kip? They have that cctv anyway.

First time poster so please be kind.
Not sure if I have misunderstood the "vehicle " in which Corrie may have travelled but in the first week he went missing the police indicated they were looking for a small blue car traveling at speed towards Tesco roundabout. I cannot find the post anywhere so I hope someone else remembers.
Why do I feel Corrie may have let a friend borrow his car ? Hence the guy in the pizza shop asking for a lift ( not offering a lift -always seemed peculiar to me ) . Maybe that is why " the hoodie person " emerged 4 minutes after Corrie . Had he been in Corries car ( the mystery vehicle) and the driver ( borrower) dropped him off and picked Corrie up. That would explain a wait if his car wasn't actually parked up in BSE but was being driven elsewhere. Was it then driven to Base or back to BSE after dropping Corrie off elsewhere?

While I do agree the things we know as fact put my off from this in favour of more logical ideas. We know there was no forensic evidence of a struggle in the horseshoe and we know he must have left that horseshoe fairly timely because the bin lorry driver didn't see him (assuming the on foot witnesses didn't either but we'll see) and we know his phone went to Barton mills (because I see no evidence that it didn't personally). what are the chances he would drive the same direction as a bin lorry that collected an hour later? If it was by chance then the only thing I can think of for the direction of the car is because thetford forest is that way. If by chance that car could have gone anywhere but it didn't, it went towards a usaf base, a known dogging site and thetford forest.

Again my opinion. I know strange things do happen and I also know there are some messed up people out there.

First time poster so please be kind.
Not sure if I have misunderstood the "vehicle " in which Corrie may have travelled but in the first week he went missing the police indicated they were looking for a small blue car traveling at speed towards Tesco roundabout. I cannot find the post anywhere so I hope someone else remembers.
Why do I feel Corrie may have let a friend borrow his car ? Hence the guy in the pizza shop asking for a lift ( not offering a lift -always seemed peculiar to me ) . Maybe that is why " the hoodie person " emerged 4 minutes after Corrie . Had he been in Corries car ( the mystery vehicle) and the driver ( borrower) dropped him off and picked Corrie up. That would explain a wait if his car wasn't actually parked up in BSE but was being driven elsewhere. Was it then driven to Base or back to BSE after dropping Corrie off elsewhere?

Corries car was collected by family from where he parked it. I've never heard he was asked for a lift I thought he was offered one.

Dc that last para of your 12.27pm post is important. It could indicate an intent to go to mildenhall ?

While I do agree the things we know as fact put my off from this in favour of more logical ideas. We know there was no forensic evidence of a struggle in the horseshoe and we know he must have left that horseshoe fairly timely because the bin lorry driver didn't see him (assuming the on foot witnesses didn't either but we'll see) and we know his phone went to Barton mills (because I see no evidence that it didn't personally). what are the chances he would drive the same direction as a bin lorry that collected an hour later? If it was by chance then the only thing I can think of for the direction of the car is because thetford forest is that way. If by chance that car could have gone anywhere but it didn't, it went towards a usaf base, a known dogging site and thetford forest.

Again my opinion. I know strange things do happen and I also know there are some messed up people out there.

This is one of the things I don't understand. I think you can have a struggle without leaving any forensic evidence, I''m surprised that has been dismissed so easily. You could have quite a scuffle without leaving any blood evidence or other traces IMO. Corrie could have been overpowered by people waiting in a vehicle.

We have assumed that the bin lorry was there fairly soon after the CCTV footage we've seen. This may not be the case, is there any link to a police statement about what time it was there?

I'm positive on one of the interviews it stated as 4.20 it hit the horseshoe but I cant out a link up still don't know how so admin can remove unless someone can find the link for me x

You would have to assume he wasn't just waiting for a lift to go somewhere but was waiting to see a specific person. So if he just wanted to go from a to b he could just get a taxi. But if he was waiting for a lift off a specific person he'd have to wait for them to be free to come get him. So it could be the person had a longer drive than ten minutes or so or was working or was out elsewhere. In my opinion from the phone pings he wasn't intended on going to honington he was intending on going to mildenhall.

I mean think about it, if he was going to honington why would the usaf man in the takeaway offer him a lift when the usaf man got a taxi? It's not like he was going to drive him to honington then drive home, he was going to taxi share.

1) I still haven't seen a proper source for this claim that USAF man offered Corrie a lift. I do understand that posts go down very fast, though, and we've each seen different posts. I do remember reading the post by USAF man when he said he was the one in the takeaway and explained why he hadn't come forward before.

2) I agree that as Honington and Mildenhall are in opposite directions it's odd to offer Corrie a lift in a taxi.

3) If Corrie did want to go to Mildenhall, then why not accept this lift?

4) If Corrie's phone stayed in BSE area for an hour after the last CCTV sighting, can we be sure that Corrie did want to go to Mildenhall?

I think so, however I've asked for a source the usaf man for a taxi and haven't seen one yet

You're right there could easily have been a scuffle leaving no evidence, but we have witnesses very close to the time he turned in I'd expect someone to have seen something as surely he wouldn't loiter in that horseshoe for too long?

This is for families accommodation (the link is specific to Cyprus) not barrack blocks on camp. I would be suprised to find single airman are allowed pets in their blocks.

There are several servicemen/women keeping dogs in the block where I work. Both sgts/officers and junior ranks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) I still haven't seen a proper source for this claim that USAF man offered Corrie a lift. I do understand that posts go down very fast, though, and we've each seen different posts. I do remember reading the post by USAF man when he said he was the one in the takeaway and explained why he hadn't come forward before.

2) I agree that as Honington and Mildenhall are in opposite directions it's odd to offer Corrie a lift in a taxi.

3) If Corrie did want to go to Mildenhall, then why not accept this lift?

4) If Corrie's phone stayed in BSE area for an hour after the last CCTV sighting, can we be sure that Corrie did want to go to Mildenhall?

I've also not seen a proper source for anything to do with the man in the taxi. I included it in my theory because I know I've heard it somewhere, perhaps I'll go back and add it's not a certain fact.

For point 3 you'd have to assume it's th person he was waiting for that's more important than the lift to the destination. A lift to raf mildenhall when the person he wants to see or have plans with isn't necessarily helpful especially if he was anticipating the person he wanted to say was going to get him.

Point 4) I think it's hard to say. I don't know enough about phone masts. I think someone suggested phones may stay with the stronger signal (and we know ee doesn't get great signal towards bm) and there's error of 3-5km (or miles I forget!) all enough to make timings a little sketchy. You can only say with certainty that by 5am his phone was in the mast area.

All I can find regarding the take away usaf man is that they left together but went opposite ways. I'll keep looking.

I'm positive on one of the interviews it stated as 4.20 it hit the horseshoe but I cant out a link up still don't know how so admin can remove unless someone can find the link for me x

I'm sure I also read 4.20 as the time the bin lorry was in the horseshoe, but I can't recall exactly where I read that. The annoying thing is, if the phone was in the bin, that would explain why the phone stayed on the BSE mast for the extra hour. I know we want to eliminate the bin lorry and assume it's a red herring. One day I think that's the most reasonable thing to do, then I find out the bin lorry timing coincides with the phone pings and removes the 'missing hour' and I think it's wrong to assume the bin lorry isn't in play.

There are several servicemen/women keeping dogs in the block where I work. Both sgts/officers and junior ranks.

The PDF I linked to says it's up to the discretion of the base commander. Maybe the dog is supposed to be kept in a kennel on base and not in quarters, but all the guys seem to love the dog. We know Corrie has a dog, and I don't see it being relevant to worry about the specifics of permissions.

@ DCF, you've written takeaway RAF man, but I think you typo'd because he was definitely USAF :)

Is it allowed ?Are your higher ups turning a blind eye or do they not know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanzzzzz83