UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Blue pin is the point over the river at Eastgate St

Red pin is the point where you can either walk up to Great Livermore or down to Ixworth and turn north from there to Honington

(self-made map with Google maps base)

Attachments

• BSE2.jpg
    BSE2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 814
I used to live in Eastgate Street, right by the bridge over the Lark, which ran down right behind my house. I'd say it would be very hard to fall in the river from the bridge, you'd have to make a decision to vault over the railings. Also at that time of year it wouldn't be much more than a foot, maybe a foot and a half deep. The river flows away from the centre of town towards Tescos, plus there's a weir, which was about thirty feet from the back of my house. Got up one Sunday morning to find the police pulling the body of an old lady out of the river: she'd got stuck on the weir. Apparantly she'd jumped in the river some distance upstream and drowned, poor old love.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated to have some local knowledge.
I noticed you just posted two links but they appear not to be working.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

attachment.php

This is the view on Streetview from Google maps. The railing on the left is what I think SLD286 is referring to. The wall to the left of the lady and going down toward the arch in the bridge is what I'm referring to as a possible risk point for slipping in?

Attachments

• BSE3.jpg
    BSE3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 819
I was trying to post photos of the bridge over the Lark....can't get them to upload for some reason, will try again.

There are only two disabled bays on Robert Boby Way so we know specifically where he parked. This link goes right to the very spot: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1scDFRhTOlUQ7C6ZJilBX5zw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Maybe it is simply since the Streetview images are from October 2015 a new camera has been installed right on the street?

Can any locals confirm whether these disabled bays have been repainted since Oct 2015? Because in the dark I think it would be hard to see that they even are marked disabled.

That part of the railing is going back towards town, it runs along the side of the river. There's a small banking on the other side of the wall, ducks nest on it in the spring. The bridge is behind the lady in the photo.

Having just found out about missing 18 year old Ben Savage, who disappeared in Chatham on Tuesday, in similar circumstances to Corrie, I'm just astonished by how differently the investigations have been conducted.
The family have already been out searching, the police have reviewed all CCTV and have narrowed the search down to a few vital areas . Police officers are currently searching, as are Kent Search and Rescue.
How can procedures and timescales be so different between Forces when the barebones of both cases are so similar?
This post isn't a criticism of anyone involved, I just cannot understand why this investigation has taken 11 weeks to seemingly progress less than a misper who disappeared only two days ago.

If trying to walk back to base would you follow main roads all the way or possibly take short cuts across open land?

I am thinking maybe main roads at first trying to get a lift, then short cuts depending on where the lift dropped you?

No help. Could be anywhere couldn't he?

attachment.php

That's the bridge over the Lark in Eastgate Street.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 826
Having just found out about missing 18 year old Ben Savage, who disappeared in Chatham on Tuesday, in similar circumstances to Corrie, I'm just astonished by how differently the investigations have been conducted.
The family have already been out searching, the police have reviewed all CCTV and have narrowed the search down to a few vital areas . Police officers are currently searching, as are Kent Search and Rescue.
How can procedures and timescales be so different between Forces when the barebones of both cases are so similar?
This post isn't a criticism of anyone involved, I just cannot understand why this investigation has taken 11 weeks to seemingly progress less than a misper who disappeared only two days ago.

I haven't looked at the place where Ben disappeared, but I would think the differences are down to Ben being reported missing sooner, and differences in the locations. If you add in that Corrie could have walked home by several different routes, then his phone went off ten miles in the opposite direction. I presume Ben's situation is a lot more localised?[

Then we've got the added difficulty in Corrie's case that the two cameras that should have caught him leaving the horseshoe don't catch him, so how does he leave the horseshoe, and how do you narrow down the possibilities?

Frankly, this has astonished me since the beginning. The lack of searches. So many missing people have searches organised very quickly and I just cannot understand why this hasn't been done in this case.
There is a vast area to search and the longer it's left the more difficult it becomes.

I haven't looked at the place where Ben disappeared, but I would think the differences are down to Ben being reported missing sooner, and differences in the locations. If you add in that Corrie could have walked home by several different routes, then his phone went off ten miles in the opposite direction. I presume Ben's situation is a lot more localised?[

Then we've got the added difficulty in Corrie's case that the two cameras that should have caught him leaving the horseshoe don't catch him, so how does he leave the horseshoe, and how do you narrow down the possibilities?

Fair points...however after 11 weeks, I would still have thought the case would be a little further on.

SPECULATIVE GUESSWORK (OBSERVATIONAL);

724640ecafba45444234b0daccda354e.jpg

b46dcabd9b4690ff4fd7c3b97ff4e888.jpg

fc56df55f1ffd061e5b6d8cd2f008026.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Image 1 I think is a guy wearing a dark hoody, rucksack white top and dark skinny jeans, with a ponytail.
Image 2 imo is black or mixed race
Image 3 i agree is a black man and a white woman. The guy looks like he's running its a strange stride he has
The image of the dark figure with the dark clothing looks to me to be a slight built person, not the same build as Corrie, and I agree with another poster it looks like someone fixing their gloves or holding something.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

No, but there's a sign at the side of the road. Will try and check road markings next time I drive down there. (In reply to question about the disbled bays being repainted).

SLD286, I don't want to quote your post as I don't want to fill the page with quotes of huge pictures, but I am referring to a different point, and my lack of familiarity with the area has led me to call it Eastgate Street bridge....

That low wall running by the river bothers me. An inebriated person might jump up there and try to walk along it...could they slip and hurt their head and fall unconscious into a foot of water and stay unconscious just long enough to drown?

I do accept it's odd that a body wouldn't yet have been seen/discovered, though, even if there hadn't been searches of that section of the river.

It just seemed like a viable alternative to identified cars that may or may not have been in the horseshoe area, lack of evidence in the horseshoe, AWOL theories, mystery lift-givers, dating apps, etc.

I did also forget about the phone pings. So this probably isn't very likely, but I would be interested to know if it has been checked out by police.

Frankly, this has astonished me since the beginning. The lack of searches. So many missing people have searches organised very quickly and I just cannot understand why this hasn't been done in this case.
There is a vast area to search and the longer it's left the more difficult it becomes.

Exactly. It's seems to be a mess of conflicting and then very little correct information and "smoke and mirrors".
When you compare this case to many, many others, you have to ask, what the hell is going on and why?

Hi all.

I am getting ready to open a new thread.

This one will close in about 10 minutes.

Image 1 I think is a guy wearing a dark hoody, rucksack white top and dark skinny jeans, with a ponytail.
Image 2 imo is black or mixed race
Image 3 i agree is a black man and a white woman. The guy looks like he's running its a strange stride he has
The image of the dark figure with the dark clothing looks to me to be a slight built person, not the same build as Corrie, and I agree with another poster it looks like someone fixing their gloves or holding something.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I thought image 1 was a female...

Noticed for first time that on the website there is a photo of Corrie with his mum in a restaurant. On his pinky finger on his right hand he has what appears to be a gold ring.

A Freemasonry ring??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members