UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to chuck something into the mix here relating to the gay angle we've talked about but which I don't think has been discussed so far.

I did a bit of digging and almost fell off my chair when I discovered that pubs in Honington (The Fox Inn) and Mildenhall (The White Hart Hotel) were specifically listed (albeit as of 2 years ago) as being gay pubs. See 3rd para here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/suffolk/content/articles/2006/01/19/gay_guide_paul_marsden_feature.shtml

Now Google maps suggests that the White Hart Hotel is closed (though under renovation), but it certainly seems to be open according to Trip Advisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...t-Mildenhall_Suffolk_East_Anglia_England.html

Assuming they both still are gay pubs, and Corrie was gay, it would I think be worth knowing whether he frequented either regularly and whether he had any civilian friends in them. It struck me that if he wanted to cadge a lift in the early hours, sending a message via an app to a local gay contact seems as good a way as any.

"Yeah, I know it's late but if you come and get me I'll make it worth your while."

That could place Corrie in a [civilian] property in or near Mildenhall that may not be on the radar yet and not long after he was last seen.

Interesting, eh, the idea that there appear to be gay pubs right outside two of the airforce bases in the region?

As a matter of interest, do any of the locals know whether either pub is still gay or gay friendly?

An article in The Courier today with Nicola discussing the police.

She mentions:

"From day one, I was being told that it was being treated as a homicide, without any evidence or a body.

Is it acceptable to then remove resources so that you can’t view CCTV, that you can’t put the identities of the people you are trying to look for because you don’t have the resources?

That’s not the police officers on the ground, that’s at a far higher level."

The article describes the family manning the calls due to lack of police resources .... then finishes by asking anyone with information to call the police incident room number. No mention of the family's own numbers at all.

ETA: Would this be a requirement of the media, to only publish the police / crimestoppers numbers during a live investigation?

Just hang on here for a moment. If police treated this as "homicide" without any evidence, would this not demonstrate that they have already gone beyond the call of duty?

As my late father always told me "if you put a load of clowns together,, all you will get is a circus"

according to bbc east news all 4 vehicles have been identified, checked and discounted!!

No way?! What does that leave tony then having discounted leaving on foot.

If there is categorically no way he left in a vehicle 100% discounted then I think we're looking at potential suicide (binning the phone) or awol. What else is there? Unless there is huge potential for a vehicle to be involved and not seen. Crazy.

Just hang on here for a moment. If police treated this as "homicide" without any evidence, would this not demonstrate that they have already gone beyond the call of duty?

As my late father always told me "if you put a load of clowns together,, all you will get is a circus"

I think there is slight but key miscommunication here. Placing the word "if" just after "treated as" makes a massive difference.

If there is categorically no way he left in a vehicle 100% discounted then I think we're looking at potential suicide (binning the phone) or awol. What else is there? Unless there is huge potential for a vehicle to be involved and not seen. Crazy.

Has Tony been seen leaving on foot?

I know right?! he says it at 11min 30 secs.

Unless the police are telling fibs so as to fool the perpetrator into thinking they've got away with it??? who knows?

according to bbc east news all 4 vehicles have been identified, checked and discounted!!

I've watched the live broadcact, it was useful for me to get a feel for the town centre and to see the horseshoe.

The reporter did say that about the vehicles but I wonder if he's got that quite right, a facebook live broadcast isn't going to be as reliable as a fact checked news bulletin IMO is there a link to a bbc source to confirm it?

I'm going to chuck something into the mix here relating to the gay angle we've talked about but which I don't think has been discussed so far.

I did a bit of digging and almost fell off my chair when I discovered that pubs in Honington (The Fox Inn) and Mildenhall (The White Hart Hotel) were specifically listed (albeit as of 2 years ago) as being gay pubs. See 3rd para here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/suffolk/content/articles/2006/01/19/gay_guide_paul_marsden_feature.shtml

Now Google maps suggests that the White Hart Hotel is closed (though under renovation), but it certainly seems to be open according to Trip Advisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...t-Mildenhall_Suffolk_East_Anglia_England.html

Assuming they both still are gay pubs, and Corrie was gay, it would I think be worth knowing whether he frequented either regularly and whether he had any civilian friends in them. It struck me that if he wanted to cadge a lift in the early hours, sending a message via an app to a local gay contact seems as good a way as any.

"Yeah, I know it's late but if you come and get me I'll make it worth your while."

That could place Corrie in a [civilian] property in or near Mildenhall that may not be on the radar yet and not long after he was last seen.

Interesting, eh, the idea that there appear to be gay pubs right outside two of the airforce bases in the region?

As a matter of interest, do any of the locals know whether either pub is still gay or gay friendly?

The Fox at Honington was run by a man who was Gay and therefore very gay friendly. It closed down and has now re-opened. It's not a gay pub but sure they openly accept gays. <modsnip>

I've watched the live broadcact, it was useful for me to get a feel for the town centre and to see the horseshoe.

The reporter did say that about the vehicles but I wonder if he's got that quite right, a facebook live broadcast isn't going to be as reliable as a fact checked news bulletin IMO is there a link to a bbc source to confirm it?

no idea, but it seems a bit odd that they'd say it and it not be correct. I didn't realise it was purely a FB broadcast, I assumed it was a short from the news.

Maybe "bad reporting" ?
It would be good to get it confirmed from other sources, as it is quite a "biggy".

The thing is....
AWOL. Then how did he leave the horseshoe area unseen ?
Suicide. Then how did he leave the horseshoe area unseen ?
Random attack. Ditto
Taken unwillingly. Ditto
Went willingly. Ditto

If the 4 vehicles are "discounted" and he couldn't leave that specific area unseen.... then Occam's shaving kit says "he's still there". But they say he's not !

Round and round and round we go !

Has Tony been seen leaving on foot?

Haha! You know what I mean though, if leaving in a vehicle is discounted and tony thinks leaving on foot is discounted that doesn't leave a lot. The website says there's no evidence he's still there either

no idea, but it seems a bit odd that they'd say it and it not be correct. I didn't realise it was purely a FB broadcast, I assumed it was a short from the news.

If it's the reporter talking to the camera and retracing Corrie's movements my understading is that it's a facebook video only and not shown on the news programme.

JMO

I am 99% certain the bin lorry driver (unless actually involved with a serious crime in this incident) would have come forward by now and admitted giving Corrie a lift if he had knowingly done so. No way on this earth would he have kept quiet for so long unless he is completely heartless.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the bin man had seen Corrie with 2 others. Can anyone else remember reading this? Not sure though if it was on here though!

The Fox at Honington was run by a man who was Gay and therefore very gay friendly. It closed down and has now re-opened. It's not a gay pub but sure they openly accept gays. <modsnip>

Thank you. It was an idea but doesn't look as though it's going to go anywhere.

I find it interesting, though, that the BBC webpage I linked to earlier lists only 3 gay pubs in all of Suffolk, and two of those were in military towns or villages.

Maybe "bad reporting" ?
It would be good to get it confirmed from other sources, as it is quite a "biggy".

The thing is....
AWOL. Then how did he leave the horseshoe area unseen ?
Suicide. Then how did he leave the horseshoe area unseen ?
Random attack. Ditto
Taken unwillingly. Ditto
Went willingly. Ditto

If the 4 vehicles are "discounted" and he couldn't leave that specific area unseen.... then Occam's shaving kit says "he's still there". But they say he's not !

Round and round and round we go !

*if* the vehicles have been cleared then it could only mean he went in a general waste bin and his phone the BM bin. Even this has the problem of being missed by the bin lorry collecting it and then again being missed at the incinerator site or wherever general waste is taken. Still very unlikely, but it has happened.

What else could it be? Aliens?

My mum is quite a layman in this case. She's watched the earlier press interviews and bits and pieces. I chatted about some of the stuff we've discussed and she said without me saying any theories just facts that she thought he was awol. She said something didn't sit right with her, the first interview with darroch and Nicola she just got odd feelings, and thy contrasted with the grandparents where she felt they really were utterly devastated.

My mum is a bit of a crime buff, she'd be at home on this forum! But I thought it was interesting to ask a more outside perspective and I'll admit I was shocked that awol was her first conclusion.

We don't know if that person has come forward to the police. I think that if there was a second person the police have known that from the start. It's not likley to me that this person would be telling randoms in BSE without telling the police if they had been in the car.. There may well by CCTV of them leaving the car on Robert Boby Way. Equally there could be someone trying to insert themselves in the case by lying about being in the car but that doesn't seem too likely to me as it could so easily be disproved

JMO there was a passenger and he left he car when Corrie started chatting on the phone and has been discounted by the police as having nothing to do with Corrie's disappearance

<modsnip>

If there was CCTV of Corrie's car, then I would think that this could be verified either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member