UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle reverses upto the general area using cab mounted reversing camera. Driver gets out and wheels dustbin into the lift arm system. Driver pushes lift button. Bin goes up and is weighed then over into the compartment. Bin goes down and is weighed again. One weight is subtracted from the other to give a 'charge' record. Bin is un hooked. Lifting arm is stowed and secured. Driver climbs back into cab. Bin lorry leaves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ahhh if only we could somehow see, say, a wee recording of this being done....which particular bin, showing exact area this lorry reverses into, etc...

...just as all those fab maps and streetview pics have made horseshoe and surrounding area clear to us unfamiliar with location

ahhh if only we could somehow see, say, a wee recording of this being done....which particular bin, showing exact area this lorry reverses into, etc...

...just as all those fab maps and streetview pics have made horseshoe and surrounding area clear to us unfamiliar with location

[video=youtube;Q6zrkWcYAvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6zrkWcYAvQ[/video]

HTH.

Vehicle reverses upto the general area using cab mounted reversing camera. Driver gets out and wheels dustbin into the lift arm system. Driver pushes lift button. Bin goes up and is weighed then over into the compartment. Bin goes down and is weighed again. One weight is subtracted from the other to give a 'charge' record. Bin is un hooked. Lifting arm is stowed and secured. Driver climbs back into cab. Bin lorry leaves.

Be a bit of an assache manoeuvring one around alone though? But then I suppose it can be done. Just thought it's odd and whether it's standard practice but I guess could be a money thing, less people to pay.

Up until very recently those vehicles were still up for investigation so I'm not sure if the report from the BBC is correct at all.

IF they have been discounted then where does that leave it?
Didn't leave on foot?
Didn't leave in a vehicle?
Didn't leave in bin lorry?
So now what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abducted by aliens of course! FWIW I don't think leaving on foot is discounted by anyone but the family and they obviously have very strong ideas about what they believe happened which is likely to sway their judgement.

I do agree though the BBC are probably wrong but everything else in that report was exactly what we "know" so far so it's possible it's correct and would certainly explain Nicolas feelings this week.

Thanks everyone. I have commercial bins where I live and I don't ever see anyone empty them alone but obviously these are daylight collections and could be many. Would be interesting to know if a single driver is normal for these night collections.

Has it been absolutely discounted that he did not climb up onto the staircases at the back of the horseshoe? Is there another way down that would evade CCTV? I could see his phone slipping out of his pocket onto a bin if he hopped up onto one. Just throwing it into the pot as we seem to have exhausted all other lines of his exit of the area.:thinking:
I've often wondered this myself. Is there no way he could go up and over as there is the access with the stairs and I think a 23yr old serviceman would easily be able to scale onto the roof but would he be able to safely get down the other side and if he did would he be captured on cctv

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I have commercial bins where I live and I don't ever see anyone empty them alone but obviously these are daylight collections and could be many. Would be interesting to know if a single driver is normal for these night collections.

I've watched a few Biffa collections since I started following this case (something I never imagined I would find myself doing!) and it's always been a single driver. I guess it would depend on the route, area and like you say possibly time of day.

Our recycling bins at work are collected by 2 people...knowing how silly health and safety rules are these days I just assumed it would be 2 anyway!

We had one at my old work and it was always 2 boys who emptied it.

Up until very recently those vehicles were still up for investigation so I'm not sure if the report from the BBC is correct at all.

IF they have been discounted then where does that leave it?
Didn't leave on foot?
Didn't leave in a vehicle?
Didn't leave in bin lorry?
So now what?

Platform 9 & 3/4s

You guys do test me.... ;)

647ebc7d3c758fceae63ed70a17ba59f.jpg

Just been working out approximate travel times from the known 0458 phone ping fact assuming that the phone was in a vehicle. Add on a few more minutes if it's the HGV bin lorry.

I've watched a few Biffa collections since I started following this case (something I never imagined I would find myself doing!) and it's always been a single driver. I guess it would depend on the route, area and like you say possibly time of day.

Haha me too! It's handy as I don't have normal bins for some reason everyone shares the big ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member