UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-suffolk-37906871
This is the BBC Look East's report with Alex Dunlop from this evening, where it is stated that all 4 vehicles have now been discounted.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

"In 1999, Alex created a new role at BBC East, that of video correspondent - a chance for him to explore a new role combining the skills of journalist and cameraman. He now alternates between traditional reporting and filming his own reports. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/lookeast/biog_alex_dunlop.shtml

so if he's independently reporting, he could have got the details wrong

I've often wondered this myself. Is there no way he could go up and over as there is the access with the stairs and I think a 23yr old serviceman would easily be able to scale onto the roof but would he be able to safely get down the other side and if he did would he be captured on cctv

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The answer to whether he'd be able to scale that obstacle I would say is a resounding yes. I could have done it drunk in my younger days. As to why he would do it I ain't got an answer for that.

With regards to the CCTV, I would say a resounding no...he couldn't be seen.
a37bab5a248248eeca788f16395205b1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@eejay 268 If he has years of experience, he would have built up contacts, from where he can get information without naming his source. Not stating this is the case in this report. JMO

"In 1999, Alex created a new role at BBC East, that of video correspondent - a chance for him to explore a new role combining the skills of journalist and cameraman. He now alternates between traditional reporting and filming his own reports. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/lookeast/biog_alex_dunlop.shtml

so if he's independently reporting, he could have got the details wrong

I think if reported in msm we can assume it's more likely true than not

tbh, I think, that if the vehicles HAVE been discounted (soon as I get confirmation on that i'll update), then he has walked out of there, I cant help but think of local lass Caroline Everest, who was absolutely hammered, behaved in a manner completely out of character, got herself completely lost even though she actually wasn't that far from home, but was just unable to think coherently, had onset of hypothermia which possibly contributed to her behaviour, and drowned in a few inches of water, her body being missed during initial searches. I can't help but think, he's gone a similar way :(

Is the black door previously checked out by Roger The Lodger and highlighted by Midsummer on a previous thread, discounted as an entry and exit point.

I'm sure all the buildings have been/were checked thoroughly

Anyone ? In their right mind ? Would have come forward by now ? Given that Corrie has been missing for so long ?? It's the conscience that would play on their mind ??

This does seem so likely. Perhaps he regularly got a lift this way, after all no one would know one way or the other

The problem I have with Corrie going over the roofs is the getting down the other side:

Wohc.png

a 20 foot drop whilst under the influence is a recipe for disaster, RAF or not. Also if he did somehow pull it off he would have been noticed by people and caught on some sort of CCTV.

I think it was also mentioned the roof area is partially covered by CCTV at the museum end and wasn't caught on it?

Dcflag said:
I think if reported in msm we can assume it's more likely true than not

I think even the BBC aren't immune from mistakes/poor reporting now, sadly. For the first time ever earlier this year I emailed the BBC because they were reporting something that was incorrect. nothing big but it was just the principle. Never got a response and the error never got corrected.

Hopefully the BBC clarify quickly because I doubt we'll get anything from the Police anytime soon....

I've been thinking about what someone mentioned earlier, about Corrie possibly using his phone without sending any messages (i think it was in the context of waiting for a ride from someone but I can't remember the original post to quote it).

Now I am a 29 year old female so maybe I am different to Corrie, but if I am sitting in the car with someone and chatting, especially someone I know, I'd probably be scrolling through my phone out of habit. I might also do it if I was in a car with a stranger if I felt awkward, just to keep my hands busy. I wouldn't be texting anyone but I would probably be 'liking' things. That activity is easy enough to check. You don't even need to access to someones account on Instagram to see what they've liked and the date. You just need to be following them.

Now if I got into a car against my will, either because I was forced or I passed out and someone saw an opportunity to abduct me, it goes without saying I wouldn't be using my phone.

I probably wouldn't be using my phone either if I was walking home in the dark. I might use it as a torch but I wouldn't be scrolling through Instagram and liking photos If I was trying to get home as quickly as possible.

Now the part that has depressed me. If Corrie did walk home and had an accident it would have to be something like passing out and succumbing to hypothermia or something that was over very quickly. Because if he had his phone within reach and broke a leg or something he would have been able to contact someone. He would also have had access to gps if lost, unless he was completely disorientated.

Anyway I wonder if police have looked into his activity beyond pings and sent messages. Activity, or the lack of it, on his social media counts could give us some clues to what actions he took that night.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've swung back to thinking accident walking home, after being sure there was a kebab-shop arranged pickup gone wrong since week 2.
I know we were told he'd never walked home to Honington after the initial yes he had, but does anyone else recall the source (Nicola/Darroch/Tony?) saying when they refuted the all-the-way claim that he had in fact walked part-way before? I'm sure it was video but can't check now. I think he walked hoping to thumb a lift and was knocked down. His phone went in the bin with his kebab wrapping. Would love to see a map of searches so I can understand a bit more.

For the sake of argument let's rule out 3rd party involvement in the horseshoe area. What do we have?

A) he binned his own phone with the intention of suicide.

B) he accidentally binned his phone and tried to walk home, falling victim to some kind of accident.

C) he either accidentally or intentionally binned his phone and walked to a pick up point and went awol (so short brackland for instance, but he could have realistically got further in residential estates with no cctv) or he had his phone on him whilst doing this

D) he unintentionally binned his phone, walked a way and then hitched a lift in the opposite direction to honington or had his phone with him

E) he unintentionally or intentionally binned his phone and walked to a meeting point (again short brackland/residential) and got into a car to mildenhall for an intended purpose, or he kept his phone.

If it's true vehicles are discounted we are looking at on foot at least part way. I wonder if it's worth researching bse locally again for a body? And which is more likely dependant on whether he was waiting or whether he wasn't (so accidentally falling asleep and not waiting)?

I've swung back to thinking accident walking home, after being sure there was a kebab-shop arranged pickup gone wrong since week 2.
I know we were told he'd never walked home to Honington after the initial yes he had, but does anyone else recall the source (Nicola/Darroch/Tony?) saying when they refuted the all-the-way claim that he had in fact walked part-way before? I'm sure it was video but can't check now. I think he walked hoping to thumb a lift and was knocked down. His phone went in the bin with his kebab wrapping. Would love to see a map of searches so I can understand a bit more.

He didn't have his rubbish when walking to the bins. I'm not sure he would empty his pockets just for a wee either, he wouldn't have to pull his trousers down far if at all (just unzip) and he could just pick stuff up off the floor. He would have had keys and a wallet too.

Plus aren't bin lids either "lift up" or automatically slide close?

In fact if you weren't using the bin how could you even accidentally bin something?

according to bbc east news all 4 vehicles have been identified, checked and discounted!!

Therefore he didn't leave by vehicle.

Back to the original 3 options, 1left on foot, 2 left in vehicle, 3 still in area.......

So only 1 or 3?

He didn't have his rubbish when walking to the bins. I'm not sure he would empty his pockets just for a wee either, he wouldn't have to pull his trousers down far if at all (just unzip) and he could just pick stuff up off the floor. He would have had keys and a wallet too.

Plus aren't bin lids either "lift up" or automatically slide close?

In fact if you weren't using the bin how could you even accidentally bin something?

Goes for a wee, drops phone, smashes it, chucks in the bin(forgetting to remove a SIM card (being that its dual)????

Goes for a wee, drops phone, smashes it, chucks in the bin(forgetting to remove a SIM card (being that its dual)????

But would you bin it? Most are still partly usable with a smashed screen?

But would you bin it? Most are still partly usable with a smashed screen?

Someone on here said to me earlier that Corrie was rubbish with phones, so that is why he had a £40 phone rather than an iPhone or Samsung, so maybe he is used to binning them. Just was thinking that under the influence he might have forgotten about a second sim. However, I doubt if he hasn't been deployed that he has had cause to install a second sim.

I'm just going with the attention on the phone being a distraction his actual whereabouts.

No one has mentioned about if there was a tracker on the truck. H&S wise and most companies have trackers on commercial vehicles.

Also, have they actually checked on the rooves in the horse shoe?

This all comes down to the reasoning why I think we should be chipped. If I went missing I would want to be found - if someone took one of my kids I'd want the police hot in pursuit. If you are innocent and honest then you won't mind being locatable (in the right circumstances).

Apparently Whatsapp is very popular in the northern hemisphere / European countries, is that true? I believe Whatsapp uses data (like iMessages) and as such doesn't snow the same trail as an actual text message would (billing or pinging wise). Can a Whatsapp account be logged into on another device showing the history if you don't have the original device? Can the police see what messages he would've sent on Whatsapp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966